Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 17 posts
  • 13 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by jalpert
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

RITC.jpg
    #1 9 years ago

Hi. I have a youtube channel which features some of my restored EM pinball machines.

Someone has contacted me with the note:

"Hi Steve,
    I am just wondering, are you willing to rent out the pinball machine as a decoration piece for an event that i am organising?
    Please let me know!
    Thank you"

My reply:

"Hi Beverly. I have not considered renting my machines but it m"ay be a possibility, I would need to look into it. What type of event are you doing, how long is the event, where and when?
    Thanks
    -Steve"

I don't know if this person will ever reply back but this sounds like it may be something I might want to pursue. I have no reference how much to charge for such a servcie. Any suggestions from the Pinside community will be very welcome and appreciated.

I imagine that I'd break down the pin(s) from my game room, travel to their event, set them up, monitor their use and break them down afterward, travel back home and set back up in my game room.

Thanks in advance for any advice you can suggest!

#2 9 years ago

how much are they willing to pay?

#3 9 years ago

For me to do this it would have to be at least 300+ for it to be worth my time and risk of damage to the games. Texas Pinball Festival is my charity case, my games don't get moved for someone else to have a show piece lol...

#4 9 years ago

Here is a rental page from a local company:
    http://www.oldiesbutgoodiespinball.com/Pinballs.htm

#5 9 years ago

This also comes up sometimes with car collectors. With companies wanting certain cars.
    It would depend on security around your item? Responsibility of damage? Access to the general public? How will it be moved from the venue? If it is going to be a back ground item or the actual stage in a video of some kind? There are many questions you should ask.
    The pinsider that rented his C.C. Mustang pin to the Ford Motor Company, did not know were it was after the car show. I have not read a follow up to this story.
    Could you make $100, $200? Will you need to be onsite while they are using it? Will you be loosing a days pay?

#6 9 years ago

I would charge roughly 1/4 the cost of the machine for a rental day or two with a deposit for at least half of the game value. So for an EM game somewhere around 200-250 for the rental and around $500 as a refundable deposit. I would also make sure to have some kind of rental agreement stating that they are responsible for cosmetic damage, I wouldnt hold them liable for mechanical breakdown as they fail all the damn time.

#7 9 years ago
    Quoted from jamieflowers:

I would charge roughly 1/4 the cost of the machine for a rental day or two with a deposit for at least half of the game value. So for an EM game somewhere around 200-250 for the rental and around $500 as a refundable deposit. I would also make sure to have some kind of rental agreement stating that they are responsible for cosmetic damage, I wouldnt hold them liable for mechanical breakdown as they fail all the damn time.

Make sure to take "before" photos in case there was damage that you later need to prove.

#8 9 years ago

Be very vigilant about any clauses that they have in the contract. Given the nature of pinball machines breaking down - if the game went down during the party you may not get paid...

#9 9 years ago

You also better make sure you have some sort of liability insurance. If your machine would happen to injure someone it could get ugly fast.

#10 9 years ago

I do both home and event rental and also have a small amusement vending route. Here is the pinball inventory page for home / event rental. The big variable is usual delivery and I take it on a case-by-case / client-by-client basis. I have regulars in the event business that handle their own and do frequent business so they get favorable pricing.

http://forthrightvending.com/fv_equipment/

#11 9 years ago

Thank you all for all the great tips and advice. I found (what appears to be) a good arcade rental agreement. Sounds like I'd better take it to a local attourney for a good look-over.

That's if this endeavour turns out to be anything.

#12 9 years ago
    Quoted from grjtucson:

I do both home and event rental and also have a small amusement vending route. Here is the pinball inventory page for home / event rental. The big variable is usual delivery and I take it on a case-by-case / client-by-client basis. I have regulars in the event business that handle their own and do frequent business so they get favorable pricing.
    http://forthrightvending.com/fv_equipment/

I'd love to rent Mata Hari for $50 bucks for a month...wish I was closer

#13 9 years ago
    Quoted from Captive_Ball:

I'd love to rent Mata Hari for $50 bucks for a month...wish I was closer

Yeah, those were some attractive prices!!!

#14 9 years ago

Hm. there you go. Maybe I need to rent out one of my games to a friend for a few months. 50-100/month ain't that bad...

#15 9 years ago

For movie sets, I've rented games for $300 per game, per day.

#16 9 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

For movie sets, I've rented games for $300 per game, per day.

Very nice

RITC.jpgRITC.jpg

#17 9 years ago

"You get a $25 discount per unit if multiple equipment of any kind are leased or rented."

So, at $250/mo, lease at least 10 pinball machines and they are all free. Rent 11 and they pay you!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-rental-question and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.