Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 324 posts
  • 150 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by spfxted
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

beanie babies.jpg
    Ruth_-_Beanie_Baby_Ambassadors_Picture.jpg
    knthorse.gif
    vixens ted.jpg
    nelson-haha.gif
    $(KGrHqNHJEgE+eDo7sikBQRo(jZJ1g~~60_57.jpg
    princess__20354.jpg
    Stern hermit crab.jpg
    image.jpg
    Waterfall 011.jpg
    Magic_the_gathering-card_back.jpg
    yummy-and-sweet-demotivational-poster-1223866300.gif
    60841_Front_3-4_Web.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider misfitdart.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#41 10 years ago
    Quoted from gac:

Just to follow up...case in point... what impact did Stern's IJ have on the Williams IJ? Exactly. Zero. Different machine. I didn't hear anyone complain that their Williams IJ value was killed when the Stern was released. Reason? Because it didn't happen. And it wont with MM either.

2 different games.

#69 10 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Great story, but I don't get the part about the original owner losing $20,000 on a car that cost under $10,000, which is also what seems to be a lot of the confusion in some of these threads. I'm sure a lot of those that are complaining paid less than what their perceived current value of their pinball machine is.

The original owner lost 20k over when he bought it new for 61k.

#157 10 years ago
    Quoted from MonsterBash26:

I couldn't disagree with this statement more. The games are just as fun and magical as they were. except now there will be a larger community to share these experiences with.
    Saying the magic is gone is liking being in the only private country club in town and getting bitter because a new one has opened up and you can't look down on the non-members anymore.
    I've also seen a couple shots taken at PPS. How dare he find an opportunity, invest a bunch of money securing the rights, work day and night organizing his business to make it happen, and then provide a product that people desparatley want and will make a ton of people happy (as well as a healthy profit for himself)!

PPS is NOT doing this remake out of the love of pinball or to make people happy they are doing it for the simple fact that they saw a opportunity to bring something out that they can sell with a HUGE profit margin, for anybody not to see that are blind, I applaud their business sense.

#171 10 years ago
    Quoted from pinmods:

So?
    In doing so, they are making a lot of people very happy.

So nothing, I agree and think that it is fucking awesome.

#184 10 years ago
    Quoted from PinPall007:

... As for remaking certain pinball machines, I think it's a lame way to keep the business alive. There's absolutely no reason why manufacturers can't come up with new ideas. It's like seeing television shows remade for a new generation of followers. Original thinking is what keeps any field interesting.

Why come up with new ideas when you can redo a old one and make a boat load of cash, smart business sense is what is bringing mm back.

#187 10 years ago
    Quoted from badbilly27:

Wish movie and music industry would stop doing this though. Good business sense but lazy on creativity.

I agree but it's the way of world it seems.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider misfitdart.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-remakes-this-might-get-me-to-drop-the-hobby?tu=misfitdart and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.