Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 324 posts
  • 150 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by spfxted
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

beanie babies.jpg
    Ruth_-_Beanie_Baby_Ambassadors_Picture.jpg
    knthorse.gif
    vixens ted.jpg
    nelson-haha.gif
    $(KGrHqNHJEgE+eDo7sikBQRo(jZJ1g~~60_57.jpg
    princess__20354.jpg
    Stern hermit crab.jpg
    image.jpg
    Waterfall 011.jpg
    Magic_the_gathering-card_back.jpg
    yummy-and-sweet-demotivational-poster-1223866300.gif
    60841_Front_3-4_Web.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gac.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#30 10 years ago

I think everyone is overreacting. I think this doesn't really affect the value of the original MM machines. It's not like the new one is the same as the original. And, no, I don't own one. To me, this is no different than Stern putting out yet another $8000 machine. People will buy it and the market for individual machines will continue to be driven by demand. If anything, I think the high cost of ALL of the new machines has driven up the value of the so-called A-list and B-list machines as most people either cant afford the new games or would simply rather pay only $1500-$3000 for a really nice game. Anyway, surfnrg, if you want to get rid of that CC before it's too late, I'm over in Walden, NY.

#32 10 years ago

Just to follow up...case in point... what impact did Stern's IJ have on the Williams IJ? Exactly. Zero. Different machine. I didn't hear anyone complain that their Williams IJ value was killed when the Stern was released. Reason? Because it didn't happen. And it wont with MM either.

#42 10 years ago
    Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

You cannot be serious with this post. Can you?

I can be but I'm not. :wink:Just trying to bring a little levity to what some people are treating as Black Friday.

#95 10 years ago
    Quoted from Anth:

Apples and oranges. The Stern IJ is a completely different game than the original IJ. The MM remake is a near exact replica (I'm assuming). Would you pay $15k for a used game that you could buy NIB for half that? Neither would anyone else.

Follow the posts. This was all tongue in cheek. Relax people. Its freaking pinball.<

#99 10 years ago

This is so interesting. I really don't care about the values because I don't have an old MM and I don't plan on getting a new one either. But for all the people complaining that this killed the value of old MM's and that they can't be worth over $8000 now because that's what the new will cost, I have yet to see one offered for sale for under $8000. Has anyone else?

#106 10 years ago
    Quoted from Pugsley:

One just did here at Expo for under 5K.

Sure it did. Total bs

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gac.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-remakes-this-might-get-me-to-drop-the-hobby?tu=gac and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.