Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 324 posts
  • 150 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by spfxted
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

beanie babies.jpg
    Ruth_-_Beanie_Baby_Ambassadors_Picture.jpg
    knthorse.gif
    vixens ted.jpg
    nelson-haha.gif
    $(KGrHqNHJEgE+eDo7sikBQRo(jZJ1g~~60_57.jpg
    princess__20354.jpg
    Stern hermit crab.jpg
    image.jpg
    Waterfall 011.jpg
    Magic_the_gathering-card_back.jpg
    yummy-and-sweet-demotivational-poster-1223866300.gif
    60841_Front_3-4_Web.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dtown.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#165 10 years ago
    Quoted from surfnrg:

I didn't get into the hobby to make money on the games. Anyone who has tried to buy a game from me knows that I only sell to make space for something I want more. I'm not a rich guy... I was able to enjoy my games because their value was somewhat locked in. I understood the risk of prices going up and down due to demand, but I never thought that supply would increase. Now any game can and will be reproduced at any time. There will be only 1000 LE MM games.... I think that means there will be as many non LE games as the market allows. So I guess I got burned, I lost money I was not counting on losing. I bought the games because I really enjoy playing them and working on them. I had no intention on selling MM anytime soon and was happy if the game went up in value. I paid a price for games that had built into the price value based on availability... now that value is gone. Now pinball games will be depreciating assets, the money to purchase those games will now have to come from a smaller pool of money.
    I spent many years buying and selling games and working my way up to the collection I have. I would have purchased other titles if I knew that the most expensive games were going to be a bad investment. There are plenty of games out there for people to get into the hobby, including the new Stern games.
    I read so many replies stating that there is risk in investments... and I took risks buying at the top of the market. This seems different though. The value did not go down because Stern made a better game, or because less people are interested in the title... the value went down because one person changed the game.
    I understand the majority argument... more people will get to enjoy MM, CC and other titles. I guess I feel that these games will lose some of their magic and allure as well.
    And to those who say the prices will not go down.. any takers on my MM for 12k? That's what I paid. Also my CCC is on the auction block for what I paid as well. I feel safe with my BBB for now, I don't think he will bother redoing the title.

I usually don't get involved in this stuff but I couldn't resist with this one. You paid 12k for a piece of arcade equipment to be used for personal enjoyment? Plus you own several other uber high dollar pins. You ARE a rich guy.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dtown.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-remakes-this-might-get-me-to-drop-the-hobby?tu=dtown and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.