Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 324 posts
  • 150 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by spfxted
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

beanie babies.jpg
    Ruth_-_Beanie_Baby_Ambassadors_Picture.jpg
    knthorse.gif
    vixens ted.jpg
    nelson-haha.gif
    $(KGrHqNHJEgE+eDo7sikBQRo(jZJ1g~~60_57.jpg
    princess__20354.jpg
    Stern hermit crab.jpg
    image.jpg
    Waterfall 011.jpg
    Magic_the_gathering-card_back.jpg
    yummy-and-sweet-demotivational-poster-1223866300.gif
    60841_Front_3-4_Web.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dmesserly.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#198 10 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

I disagree. I'd rather have all my games be worth $300, so I can buy more $300 games I want.

So, you would be happy if all your multithousand dollar pins were suddenly worth half?

If you say yes, you are a liar.

#201 10 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

You obviously DO NOT GET IT.
    The truth is that YES, many real pinheads really don't care what the games they have are worth. We like playing and owning pinball machines. If my games being worth 10% of what they were yesterday also means all other games are worth 10% of what they were then I am super happy. That would mean I can actually afford to buy more games and play more games!

This is rich. Anyone who says they would be happy to have the value of their pins drop significantly isn't being honest.

Your arrogance in defining what a "real pinhead" is is also pretty annoying. By definition, I'm not a real pinhead and am only in it for the dollars or bragging rights. You don't know me, what I like about the hobby or what my motivations are.

We're not in some fantasy world were all pin values are suddenly some low value and the hobby is independent of the rest of the world we each have to live in. Sometimes people sell pins for various reasons. You act like that makes them flippers and not " real pinheads".

#212 10 years ago

OK, last time and, yes its my opinion.

Fantasy world scenarios like all pins are now $300 have no relation to the current situation and what it means to different people. In the real world, having the value of a pin drop significantly (doesn't matter if you intend to sell today, sell some day or be buried with it) is likely to be a negative to most people (altruistic, Gandhi types may be different).

What bugs me (and why I even care, I don't really know) is that so many here pretend that the value of their pins in relation to what they spent on them doesn't matter. They'd be happy if all pins were suddenly worth the price of a gallon of milk. In addition, if you care about your investment (yes, I said investment! Stone me!!), then you aren't a true pinhead. I find this attitude disingenuous and hypocritical. (I love spell check).

That's my opinion. 'nuff said.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dmesserly.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-remakes-this-might-get-me-to-drop-the-hobby?tu=dmesserly and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.