(Topic ID: 57512)

Pinball Refinery Metallica (Video & Pics)...Amazing Guys and Business

By rlslick

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1343.JPG
    IMG_0903.JPG
    IMG_0878.JPG
    IMG_1348.JPG
    IMG_0870.jpg
    #1 10 years ago

Wanted to thank Gio and Steve and their company Pinball Refinery for just some amazing mod and custom designs. I've had the opportunity to purchase some of their amazing mods for Tron, IM, and ACDC including TRC Back box, undercab, apron lighting kits for the pins mentioned and it just takes the games to a whole new level of enjoyment than just directly out of the box. Sure if your not into mods, its one thing, but whoa.....F*&^ once you experience the Refinery add on's you'll be sold!

After Cal Extreme I had Gio and Steve stop by my place to do some swapping of a few pins. Leaving behind till my MOBLE is completed a Premium Monsters Metallica which many may have seen at the CE show on display and now at my place to break in. Gio, aka zdoor on pinside posted some pics of the candy purple hardware here on pinside which is amazing to see up close and in person. I almost want to give up my LE just to have this game and may have to work out something with Gio if I resist wanting to let it go. The Sparky mod...painted with such extreme detail and EL wire is off the hook along with leds in the scoop, hammer, playfield led enhancements, under cab apron, BB and under cab, chrome flippers, chrome buttons, chrome leg bolts, shaker motor etc... All that's missing is a chrome door... lol! I spent quite some time at Marco's booth playing there out of the box LE's and pro's and it really is a game changer experience playing their games vs., what Pinball Refinery can do to a game. There is pretty much nothing these guys can't do if you have an idea... other than maybe turn an LE to a Pro but don't put them to the test because they could probably pull it off lol.

Had my lady and a few of our friends over Sunday. Posted some pics and video just to show off some highlights. The TRC mod in ACDC is over the top bad ass! By far the two favorite pins of the 4 in this room were Metallica and ACDC. ACDC won for best entertainment and light show and they couldn't get enough video of watching one another play. As for the Tron Topper, I asked Gio to take my Hot Toys topper 1/6th scale and hook it into the GI. Base color changes color depending on levels achieved. Pretty bad ass and just overall amazed with the quick turn around with the piece!!!

Hope they design the topper I was thinking of for ACDC... I think many of you may just want it when you see it in action!

Thanks again Gio and Steve! Been an absolute pleasure getting to know you both. You have made my addiction to pinball almost unattainable today with my 10 years of collecting. So much fun. I highly recommend if your looking to buy a Met premium with tons of customs buy through them, you won't be disappointed.

I also sent my SM back with them to work on. Will post some pics once it's back home. Wait till you see the finished work... Lots of custom detail.

Vid 1 -Three game line up with backbox and undercab lighting. See the Tron topper in action too. Vid 2 -Sparky being fried with el coil wire, Led backbox and undercab lighting. Vid 3 -ACDC TRC light show...with pinbits lightning bolts.

http://vimeo.com/70766729

http://vimeo.com/70762210

http://vimeo.com/70788640

IMG_0870.jpgIMG_0870.jpg IMG_1348.JPGIMG_1348.JPG IMG_0878.JPGIMG_0878.JPG IMG_0903.JPGIMG_0903.JPG IMG_1343.JPGIMG_1343.JPG

#2 10 years ago

Thanks Art. Appreciate the kind words!

#3 10 years ago

Hey Art,

Thanks for posting the pictures and videos of your machines.... It was nice to meet you and enjoy those sweet pinballs. I can't wait to get a topper like that for my TRON, it turned out AWESOME.... Also, I am glad you think the TRC mod kicks butt in AC/DC.

Thanks,
    Steve

#4 10 years ago

Nice been wanting to see blue sparky think I may be sold

#5 10 years ago

not to derail but man that MM sure does look aged next to those pimped out sterns

#6 10 years ago

Lol no derailment taken, the MM is a Keller hi-end I purchased in 07'. As new as it comes next to the Sterns without the Led's. That was Steve's first words out of his mouth when he saw it, needs Led's but I've chosen to keep its vintage look. May fold eventually to LEDs but of all my pins I think it's still my holy grail.

Steve, you and Gio should be getting something as soon as I receive it in the mail.

#7 10 years ago

I have the sparky el wire mod and you can hardly notice it is flashing. How do you have your Mettallica set up so you can see the wire light up like that? Did you dim the LEDs in the setting menu or change sum bulbs?

#8 10 years ago

I spent a lot of my time at CAX at the Pinball Refinery booth. These machines are just incredible to play. It was a whole new pin experience for me, and I was hooked. I told Gio and Steve that it would be at least the end of the year before I could save up for one of these, but I am hoping to find some way to push up that timeframe a bit.

#9 10 years ago

T

Quoted from Pinballpal:I have the sparky el wire mod and you can hardly notice it is flashing. How do you have your Mettallica set up so you can see the wire light up like that? Did you dim the LEDs in the setting menu or change sum bulbs?

So, one thing I did do is change out every other white led on the backboard to purple. I felt the all white LEDs were to bright to begin with. Really helped to tone down the brightness of the entire Playfield and made the el wire pop more. Hope that helps.

#10 10 years ago
    Quoted from Pinballpal:

I have the sparky el wire mod and you can hardly notice it is flashing. How do you have your Mettallica set up so you can see the wire light up like that? Did you dim the LEDs in the setting menu or change sum bulbs?

Change the 2 white spotlights to yellow for the Blue wire and Purple or Blue for the Orange wire. The white supers that come in the game are so bright they wash out the other colors...

#11 10 years ago
    Quoted from Zdoor:

Change the 2 white spotlights to yellow for the Blue wire and Purple or Blue for the Orange wire. The white supers that come in the game are so bright they wash out the other colors...

Cool I was hoping that is what was wrong with mine. I ordered my sparky kit recently and my yellow spot lights were not included but I emailed you guys and you said you were sending some out to me so I should be good to go when they arrive.

#12 10 years ago

Gio is a top notch guy. Congrats on the games.

#13 10 years ago

Wow! That Sparky mod does look awesome! I am looking to buy now too!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-refineryamazing-guys-and-business and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.