20161214_181218 (resized).jpg
20161214_181246 (resized).jpg
20161214_181243 (resized).jpg
20161214_181322 (resized).jpg
20161212_175051 (resized).jpg
20161212_175323 (resized).jpg
20161212_130131 (resized).jpg
20161212_125307 (resized).jpg
There are 252 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 6.
#1 8 years ago

With the official release from Stern, Pinball Refinery will be offering the Refinery Editions of The Ghost Busters Pro/Premium machines.

These machines will consist of these items and some optional upgrades from the base model price:

-Custom Powder Coated armor with lollypop side rails
-Custom matching powder coated coin door with vacuum metalized chrome plastics
-Custom matching powdered shooter housing
-Upgradeable Premium Style Lockdown bar with lever receiver
-Chrome Shooter Rod
-Polished Chrome leg bolts
-Playfield Lighting effects (to be determined once machines arrive)
-Shaker motor installed
-Pinblades by Pingraffix (to be determined)
-Chromed flipper bats (several colors to choose from)
-LED flipper buttons (several colors to choose from)
-Sound controlled Speaker Lighting Effects

I will know more about the lighting upgrades when these machines arrive.

Please let me know if you would like to reserve your machine,

Steve
MI Pinball Refinery
231-740-8575

#2 8 years ago

Curious how purple armor would look with the Pro/Premiums given the color palette. This might be my first Stern NIB and knowing Steve's history, pimping this one out could be a keeper for life.

#3 8 years ago

I have not ruled a color yet, but I was thinking purple is an option, I'll determine a great color once I have the machine....

#4 8 years ago

I just thought of this from the Ghostbuster song.... " If you machine looks plain, and you need some upgrades, who are you going to call. Pinball Refinery"... Lol

#5 8 years ago

Ray Parker Jr's gonna sue your ass!!!! He needs the money.

#6 8 years ago
Quoted from attitude05:

. . . and then Huey Lewis (of course)

#7 8 years ago

How does one make a Great looking game even better?

Pinball Refinery!

Cant wait to see your Magic!

#8 8 years ago

Would love to see a chromed out premium vs powder coat.

Also: I can't afford one.. Someone else do it!

#9 8 years ago

Steve's a great person to deal with AND does outstanding work... Deal in confidence. A+ recommendation all around. One of the good guys. Can't wait to see you work your magic !

#10 8 years ago

I'm in..... Premium Refinery Style

#11 8 years ago

Hi Chris,

I will take care of your Pinball Refinery Ghostbusters Premium.... This machine is going to be KILLER

Just PM me and we'll talk.

Thanks,

Steve
Pinball Refinery

#12 8 years ago
Quoted from HemiOrange09:

I just thought of this from the Ghostbuster song.... " If you machine looks plain, and you need some upgrades, who are you going to call. Pinball Refinery"... Lol

Don't quit your day Job!!@ Cringe...

#13 8 years ago

Steve do you ever do work for folks overseas on new machines direct from Stern? So basically Stern ship the machine to you then you ship overseas? Thanks.

#14 8 years ago

Don't worry, I won't quite my day job....

#15 8 years ago
Quoted from thewool:

Steve do you ever do work for folks overseas on new machines direct from Stern? So basically Stern ship the machine to you then you ship overseas? Thanks.

I'm sure Steve will respond directly soon, but I can chime in that most Pinball Refinery machines are NIB - they are a distributor for Stern as well as a mod shop. I bet he can ship overseas, and you should go for it if he can - these machines are the true LEs of pinball - it doesn't get any better in terms of aesthetics or gameplay.

#16 8 years ago
Quoted from Radagast:

I'm sure Steve will respond directly soon, but I can chime in that most Pinball Refinery machines are NIB - they are a distributor for Stern as well as a mod shop. I bet he can ship overseas, and you should go for it if he can - these machines are the true LEs of pinball - it doesn't get any better in terms of aesthetics or gameplay.

thanks for that

#17 8 years ago
Quoted from thewool:

I am sorry, I can not do overseas machines, Stern will not sell me these machines. I can offer you some of the mods once I have them done for Ghostbusters and you can order them off my website, then install them in your machine.

Steve
Pinball Refinery
www.pinballrefinery.com

#18 8 years ago
Quoted from attitude05:

He's got no claim since he stole it from Huey Lewis

#20 8 years ago
Quoted from BillP:

He's got no claim since he stole it from Huey Lewis

Wasn't it the opposite? Memory goes back a LONG ways but I thought as the story went, Huey Lewis was upset that the rights to the movie were given to Ray Parker Jr. instead of him? In retaliation he created "I Want A New Drug", which sounds nearly identical, got sued, and lost?

Anyways, free bump and PM sent. My original comment said purple, which may look awesome, but after seeing more photos, a cool metallic blue could be pretty bad@$$ as well.

#21 8 years ago

Polished Chrome

#22 8 years ago
Quoted from wxforecaster:

Wasn't it the opposite?

Huey sued Parker and they settled out of court.

#23 8 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

Polished Chrome

THIS please

I'll definitely be purchasing either an assembled machine, or a boatload of your great inventions later this year. I'm sad I've run out of stuff to do with my Met and IM, but looks like they'll have great company soon!

#24 8 years ago
#25 8 years ago

White armor!!!!!

#26 8 years ago

Chrome or metallic blue would be great. I can't wait to see one of these as I think it will be better than the LE and may get my money.

#27 8 years ago

As for the armor color, time will tell what looks the best. I have a few ideas but I to wait until I see a machine. Yes, chrome is a possibility, but very expensive and will add a higher price to the Refinery machine. I don't want to over price the machine to most people unless you want to pay extra for it.

I know this is my Ghostbusters thread, but I just want to post a few pictures of the Pinball Refinery Purple Monsters Editions of Metallica Premium that were done last summer. These machines turn out beautiful. So this will give you an idea of what Ghostbusters can look like once we are finished with them.

Thanks everyone for your PMs and purchases, we are excited to convert these machines once they are available and yes we are still taking orders

Steve
Pinball Refinery
www.pinballrefinery.com
231-740-8575

475256-i_(resized).jpg475256-i_(resized).jpg
475258-i_(resized).jpg475258-i_(resized).jpg
473432-i_(resized).jpg473432-i_(resized).jpg
20150715_162413_(resized).jpg20150715_162413_(resized).jpg
20151121_155028_(resized).jpg20151121_155028_(resized).jpg

#28 8 years ago

Ghostbusters Premium Pinball Refinery number 1 here

Mouahahahaha makes me feel happier than any LE buyers hehehehe

Well maybe LE number 1 is as happy as I am but can't be more

First time I ever even consider buying a pin without seeing it in action. For a pragmatic man who likes to analyse everything this is huge and crazy but it will be good and I'll be happy with it. that's all I need to know.....classic

#29 8 years ago

A sparkly blue matching the ghosts on the right sling would also be amazing, something you would normally see on an old ludwig drum set. Is it possible to add sparkles to powder coating? Oh man, can't wait to see what you guys come up with

#30 8 years ago

LOVE the purple powder Steve did for my Met Pro-Led last year and of course the awesome mods
I picked up. Can't go wrong with these guys! It would be a hard decision on this machine
but purple again would tie in good. Even thinking white on this one to tie in with Ecto.
Whatever he does would make this baby stand out!

#31 8 years ago

You mean these guys....

GB_sling_(resized).jpgGB_sling_(resized).jpg

GB_sling_1_(resized).jpgGB_sling_1_(resized).jpg

#32 8 years ago

You mean these guys....

Yup, but the ones on the left have more of a greenish blue. I was specifically talking about the lighter shade of the blues on the right. Here's a reference!

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#33 8 years ago

^^^^Maybe^^^^^

Or I was thinking a blue with chameleon purple..... Like this. I just throwing it out there....

Blue_(resized).jpgBlue_(resized).jpg

5cfd4fae449661c0b51452ad1325d92eaad48ba0_jpeg_(resized).jpg5cfd4fae449661c0b51452ad1325d92eaad48ba0_jpeg_(resized).jpg

GB_cabinet_(resized).jpgGB_cabinet_(resized).jpg

#34 8 years ago

What about a slime pink to go with the pro? A darker pink like the slime from the second movie or the proton beams on the cabinet.

#35 8 years ago

I think the pink like the protons beams on the side of the cabinet would look awesome.

#37 8 years ago

Ooooh a blue that has purple highlights would be SO sick! Really cool. Put some sparkles in that and I probably would not be able to purchase it because my brain would explode as soon as you announced it

#38 8 years ago

Toasted marshmallow armor and coin door please!

#39 8 years ago

^^^^Maybe^^^^^
Or I was thinking a blue with chameleon purple..... Like this. I just throwing it out there....
Blue_(resized).jpg

5cfd4fae449661c0b51452ad1325d92eaad48ba0_jpeg_(resized).jpg

That is the color you mentioned yesterday when I was chatting with you via phone. GO FOR THAT! It's perfect and would blend great with the cabinet. Love it! Count me in for one Premium Pinball Refinery Edition

#40 8 years ago

^^^^Maybe^^^^^
Blue_(resized).jpg

GB_cabinet_(resized).jpg

Wow, that would be so fitting!

#41 8 years ago

This blue with chameleon purple is different from the one that I offered before for AHM.... Here's a picture of the blue/purple for AMH, it have a heavy metal flake, but it's a lot darker blue then the one above. But I think this will be too dark for Ghostbusters, we'll see when the machines arrive

AMH_powder_coating_3_(resized).jpgAMH_powder_coating_3_(resized).jpg

#42 8 years ago

^^^^Maybe^^^^^
Blue_(resized).jpg
GB_cabinet_(resized).jpg

Nailed it. This one!!

#43 8 years ago

AMH looks outstanding with the flake. But yeah base is definitely kind of a too dark shade of blue for GB. The magenta looking blue with chameleon purple you just referenced would be absolutely perfect with a whiteish flake, maybe would work better with flakes a little smaller in diameter? I'm already starting to forget about the chrome and I think you're really onto something great Steve

#44 8 years ago

Just pm'd you an idea for the armour Steve, don't know if it's possible but thought your the man to ask.

#45 8 years ago

Is anyone else curious to see it in white for a Stay Puft Edition? Maybe the lollipop portion can be laser cut in the shape of his face? I'm just spitballing here.

#46 8 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

Is anyone else curious to see it in white for a Stay Puft Edition? Maybe the lollipop portion can be laser cut in the shape of his face? I'm just spitballing here.

I think white would be a correct choice for the premium.

#47 8 years ago

I will have to look into this a little bit more, but if I am/can go in this direction..... This will put powder coating in a TOTALLY NEW DIRECTION.....Glow in the dark powder coated armor.....

For you guys that want white powder coating..... It Starts out a nice white and when the lights go off it glows....

Let me know what you think?????

db_file_img_13433_1200xauto_(resized).jpgdb_file_img_13433_1200xauto_(resized).jpg
db_file_img_13429_1200xauto_(resized).jpgdb_file_img_13429_1200xauto_(resized).jpg

#48 8 years ago

For the Guys that have the LE Slimmer Edition... This is CRAZY..... It will start out this green and when the lights are turned off GLOW this Slimmer Green.

final_pi_pss-1221_(resized).jpgfinal_pi_pss-1221_(resized).jpg

db_file_img_9703_1200xauto_(resized).jpgdb_file_img_9703_1200xauto_(resized).jpg

#49 8 years ago

I am sure it can be put on the blue chameleon purple color, but it's going to have a green glow to it once the lights are turned off.

#50 8 years ago

I will have to look into this a little bit more, but if I am going in this direction..... This will put powder coating in a TOTALLY NEW DIRECTION. And Pinball Refinery's Ghostbusters will be OVER THE TOP....Glow in the dark powder coated armor.....
For you guys that want white Powder..... It Starts out a nice white and when the lights go off it glows....
Let me know what you think?????
db_file_img_13433_1200xauto_(resized).jpg
db_file_img_13429_1200xauto_(resized).jpg

Very cool idea. I love the white that glows in the dark but I have to wonder if it will only glow when the machine is off and not when it is on.

There are 252 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-refinery-editions-of-ghost-busters-coming-soon and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.