(Topic ID: 1657)

Pinball Rarity.

By bugray

13 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

varkon.jpg
    #1 13 years ago

I played one of these this weekend, WOW, so unique, it was the last thing I'd expect to see behind the glass window, from the outside it just looked like an old old video cabinet.
    What a great novelty pinball machine. Chatted to some random man at the show and he said the last one of these he saw sold for £5000.

http://www.ipdb.org/search.pl?any=varkon&sortby=name&search=Search+Database&searchtype=quick

varkon.jpgvarkon.jpg

#2 13 years ago

Very cool. Never even heard of this machine before. I love the idea of the mirrors. It was like Pin2K 20 years ahead of its time.

#3 13 years ago

Wow! great one just had to play it on visual pinball after seeing the Pics. Pretty cool sounds too! Only 90 made, I wonder how many survived? I want at least one of them.

#4 13 years ago

erak,

What's a good site for downloading VP tables?

#5 13 years ago

Played it this weekend. Awesome. What a show. I was glad to qualify in C Division, only to screw up in the finals. The $20 I made paid for the pizza on Sat. night. Anyone into pins should be there.

#6 13 years ago

Varkon! Played that at cax two years ago. yeah, pretty unique. It's actually pretty fun to play for a novelty game. The ball acts very differently because the playfield is vertical.

#7 13 years ago

looks strange, was it hard play?
    -joysticks operate the flippers?

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-rarity and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.