Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 16 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by debaser
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pinball_pyramid_flyer.jpg
    #1 11 years ago

This weekend is the Pinball Pyramid show at the Pyramid Scheme in Grand Rapids, Michigan. We will have roughly 50 machines setup on free play on Saturday & Sunday from 2pm - 2am, all ages from 2pm - 7pm both days. Admission is $10.

There will be a 5 machine tournament on Sunday. Entry fee is $5 with a $.50 coin drop on each machine. Qualifying will be from 2pm - 7:30pm on Sunday with the top 8 players playing in a double elimination tournament at 8pm. All entry fees will be paid out to the top 4 players.

Pyramid Scheme is a music venue/bar that has 20 pinball machines on coin play every day. This will be our first pinball show at the Pyramid Scheme and I'm excited to see how it goes!

You can find out more details on the event listing here: http://pinside.com/pinball/events/pinball-pyramid-2012

Hope to see you there!

pinball_pyramid_flyer.jpgpinball_pyramid_flyer.jpg

#2 11 years ago

Can't wait!

#3 11 years ago

I was interviewed by WWMT Channel 3 yesterday morning about the Pinball Pyramid event that we are putting on this weekend. You can check it out here:

http://www.wwmt.com/shared/sections/entertainment/local/stories/wwmt_pinball-pyramid-coming-grand-rapids-191.shtml

It was a bit of amateur hour at the news room today. Alex (the reporter who interviewed me) messed up the dates (it's Saturday & Sunday, not Friday thru Sunday) and the guy talks about playing an REO Speedwagon pinball machine at Pizza Hut. That cracked me up.

#4 11 years ago

Damn, im going to be in that area a week to late. Looks awesome though!

#5 11 years ago

We have room for a couple more machines so if any of you guys are coming out and want to bring a machine that would be great. You will get free admission for the weekend. You can also put a price tag on your machine with contact info if your looking to sell it as well. Thanks!

#6 11 years ago

Going to be a great weekend in Grand Rapids. Pinball, ArtPrize, tons of craft beer, good food and great friends!

#7 11 years ago

Sounds awesome!

#8 11 years ago

This sounds really cool. I hope this is a very successful event for you.

I saw the news article earlier today:

http://www.mlive.com/entertainment/grand-rapids/index.ssf/2012/10/pinball_wizards_welcome_pinbal.html

#9 11 years ago

Really looking forward to this! The Pyramid Scheme has an amazing collection of games on the average day - adding a bunch more to it is going to be great. Going to be bringing my Doctor Who and Gottlieb Amazing Spider-Man down for free play. The Spidey will be for sale for $900 if anyone is interested.

#10 11 years ago

Sorry but what are the usual hours of this place? I'm coming home in December and wanted to come for a few hours in the daytime.

#11 11 years ago

Usually 4 pm - 2am, though lately on the weekends they've been open @ 2pm - that may just be due to ArtPrize, though. The Meanwhile on Wealthy also has a great selection of pins and keeps similar hours.

#12 11 years ago

As Wontwa said, hours are 4pm - 2am every day. They have been opening earlier the past few weeks because they are an ArtPrize venue but will go back to normal hours once ArtPrize is done.

Still looking for a few machines for the show. Would love to see some more System 80 and System 11 machines. Let me know if you can bring a machine as it gets you free admission and I'll even buy you a beer. Wontwa - I owe you a couple!

1 week later
    #13 11 years ago

The show was a great success! We had over 200 people show up and 48 pinball machines on free play. A coupe of the guys that brought machines some them as well which was great (Truck Stop, Gladiators, Tri Zone, The Amazing Spiderman, Earthshaker and Gorgar). The tournament on Sunday had 15 players (including a couple women which was great) and was alot of fun except for the throw down that almost happened between two players because one of them insulted the others mother, who was playing in the tournament. Some people...

Stern even sent me some X-Men translites and t-shirts for the tournament winners. Jersey Jack sent some t-shirts and magnets as well but unfortunately they didn't arrive until the following Monday. I'll be giving that stuff to the great folks that brought machines and helped with setup and tear down.

From Friday thru Sunday I spent over 40 hours moving machines, setting up and running the event and tournament. It was a long weekend but completely worth it. I met some great people and had alot of fun. The venue looked so cool with all the machines on multiple levels. You can check out some photos from the show here: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.4608433219099.182766.1540505512&type=1&l=031023e96b

This will be an annual event and we look forward to next year. Hope to see you there!

#14 11 years ago

Had a great time- was there Saturday night. Thanks for all your effort in making this event awesome. Glad to hear this will be an annual event.
    Scott

#15 11 years ago
    Quoted from debaser:

...except for the throw down that almost happened between two players because one of them insulted the others mother, who was playing in the tournament. Some people...

It's only pinball.

#16 11 years ago
    Quoted from pin15:

Had a great time- was there Saturday night. Thanks for all your effort in making this event awesome. Glad to hear this will be an annual event.

Glad you made it out Scott and had a great time!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-pyramid-event-this-weekend-in-grand-rapids-mi and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.