(Topic ID: 244153)

Pinball Pro Speaker muffled

By Flynnyfalcon

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

C6BAD953-7C2F-4F6C-BC78-A7ECF5030ACF (resized).jpeg
    2E12270F-67C5-4883-B27D-C66040F41E6D (resized).png
    F2D10528-786F-418A-907E-1F706A6F506E (resized).jpeg
    DECACEB6-7296-4EF2-991B-326886EC4E2C (resized).jpeg
    5AABA786-38E9-481A-B759-ED2B178DD5B1 (resized).jpeg
    4FF37578-2ABB-4237-8DDD-058702896DFE (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ovfdfireman.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#19 4 years ago
    Quoted from woody76:

Yell at Greg with pinball pro

Yes thank you, happy to help, and the only way to do so is if customers contact me. There is a lot we can do to adjust the sound and crossover points of a speaker kit. That’s the perk of custom kits! Some games work perfectly with a standard kit, while others require some adjustments by adding a crossover point or a simple adjustment in the sound menu. Metallica is a game we help customers make fine adjustments to get it tweaked. Keeping in mind everyone’s sound preferences are different. This is why car stereos have bass and treble adjustments. Just contact us for tech support.

I will also add we have a 100% satisfaction policy, try a kit and don’t like it? Just return it, and move on. We do our best, but I understand it is not possible to make everyone happy all the time, again everyone’s sound preferences vary and that is okay. Just don’t short change the experience by not taking the time to adjust the kit first.

Quoted from Dallas_Pin:

The PinballPro Speakers already have a capacitor on them. Adding one won’t help. (Assuming they are all the same). Attached is a photo of a PinballPro speaker from my collection. Hard to see, but there is a cap on the positive side.
    On the amp, it brought out sounds I’ve never heard before on Met.[quoted image]

On a standard kit the only way to adjust frequency is using a crossover, literally the most basic audio concept. We advised the customer with manufacturer recommendations and capacitor values to adjust their frequencies.....You are advising the customer adding a secondary crossover won’t work and are “assuming they are all the same”..... there are a lot of different capacitors out there, certainly not all capacitors are the same. I can assure you we as the manufacturer do have a clear understanding of how a specific capacitor value will effect the sound of our speakers. I need to clarify the misinformation, yes adding a capacitor to the back box speaker will absolutely change the frequency.

Finally, I understand, you didn’t like it. We have many satisfied customers that do. I thank you for your past business. I can’t help but notice you continue put down our product lately on the forums and I am not sure what we have done to deserve it. Let’s not compare apples to oranges. Our standard kits run of stock power with set crossover points. If you took Pinballpro speakers and placed them on an amplifier with fully adjustable frequency control of course it would sound different (like any speaker). We have done this many times over the years in fact we have a kit just for the application for only $99, then go buy the amp of your choice or use a Pinsound board. These are raw and amp ready, or we can help you adapt your standard kit to take power. Regardless, we have unlimited options to fit a customers needs from the most basic plug and play kit and up raw components to build your own.

Greg
    Pinballpro.com

#21 4 years ago
    Quoted from Flynnyfalcon:

Thanks Greg for chiming in. Just to state, I've been in contact with Greg via email over the last week and he's offered some advice which I'm working through. Been interested to hear end users advice also, there are many clever folk out there.

We can also try different crossover levels if needed. I don’t believe you are interested in amplification, if you decide this is of interest let me know. We have been doing amps for years. So this is certainly an option, but in most cases over kill.

Greg

#25 4 years ago
    Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I can chime in and say that PinWoofer really delivers with what they claim too! I have amps in 2 games - one with an add-on speaker upgrade, and one with a stock backbox and a PinWoofer sub. They SLAM. One is on Monster Bash, which is so loud you can hear it on the 3rd floor. The best thing though is being able to dial in the exact amount of bass you want. You get better performance with newer games since they start with more high-fidelity audio, but any game can benefit.
    Both Dan from PinWoofer and Greg from PinballPro chime in on Pinside on a regular basis, and both guys are incredibly helpful. It's great to have so many options nowadays!

Thank you for the compliment

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ovfdfireman.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-pro-speaker-muffled?tu=ovfdfireman and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.