(Topic ID: 244153)

Pinball Pro Speaker muffled

By Flynnyfalcon

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

C6BAD953-7C2F-4F6C-BC78-A7ECF5030ACF (resized).jpeg
    2E12270F-67C5-4883-B27D-C66040F41E6D (resized).png
    F2D10528-786F-418A-907E-1F706A6F506E (resized).jpeg
    DECACEB6-7296-4EF2-991B-326886EC4E2C (resized).jpeg
    5AABA786-38E9-481A-B759-ED2B178DD5B1 (resized).jpeg
    4FF37578-2ABB-4237-8DDD-058702896DFE (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PinWoofer.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#22 4 years ago

Greetings all,

PinWoofer kits are hands-down the best sounding and economical amplified pinball audio solutions available.

We have tons of combinations that support existing upgraded speaker packages, with backbox and cabinet amps, or full kits with great sounding speakers.

Our sub gives you a low-pass filter so you're only amplifying the bass, and the backbox amp is full-range. Separate level controls so you don't have external gadgetry to wire up and deal with - only loud, rich bass and crisp mids and highs.

We are platform compatible with any pin, but our concentrations are CGC/JJP/SAM/SPIKE/SPIKE-2/System11/WPC/WPC95. We intentionally made our amplifiers compatible so that guys with existing speaker upgrades can continue to enjoy that investment, and add to it - with just about every combination already in play.

If you have an external sub you can install a powered backbox kit (a must) and get your cabinet configured to compliment both with powerful mid-ranges.

We have scores of kits out in the field that are performing flawlessly. Kits go in quick, they are 100% factory tested and all units are serialized for future support.

Ask anyone here on PinSide - we're easily accessible, we have technical prowess and we are here to answer any questions and to provide the highest level of end to end support. We priority ship the next day, and we see customers through their install to ensure you get to where you need to be fast.

We offer a comprehensive array of 12V power harnesses so install is turnkey, and we've put a colossal effort into our website to map out compatibility and 12V power solutions.

That's about it - thanks for your interest!

https://PinWoofer.com

#24 4 years ago
    Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I can chime in and say that PinWoofer really delivers with what they claim too! I have amps in 2 games - one with an add-on speaker upgrade, and one with a stock backbox and a PinWoofer sub. They SLAM. One is on Monster Bash, which is so loud you can hear it on the 3rd floor. The best thing though is being able to dial in the exact amount of bass you want. You get better performance with newer games since they start with more high-fidelity audio, but any game can benefit.
    Both Dan from PinWoofer and Greg from PinballPro chime in on Pinside on a regular basis, and both guys are incredibly helpful. It's great to have so many options nowadays!

Rdoyle1978 is a total class act here! Thanks for the comments.

#26 4 years ago
    Quoted from Flynnyfalcon:

Hi all,
    I’ve just started playing my Funhouse again after a long hiatus (long story). I completely restored it a few years ago including a full Pinball Pro speaker upgrade. Since the install, the sound coming from the mid and tweeter has been terribly muffled. Voice and music is audible but it’s FAR less clear than the original speakers.
    The original 6” back box mid came with a capacitor which I did not use (though I have the feeling this is actually the cabinet speaker ), I did however keep the choke which was used with the tweeter. Should I use the capacitor? Remove the choke? Isn’t there a crossover on the sub which should do all of this?
    Before reverting back to my original speakers, I’m hoping the braintrust can solve my problem.
    Picture (2nd photo) of original speakers in backbox is not mine, just for reference. (Notice no cap on the mid driver)
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

This thread appears to have fallen short of addressing the original problem, but perhaps it was addressed offline. So, did you get your problem resolved Flynnyfalcon ?

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PinWoofer.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-pro-speaker-muffled?tu=PinWoofer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.