(Topic ID: 73255)

pinball pro or flipper fidelity upgrade for met pro?

By cosmokramer

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider djb_rh.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#20 10 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Very simple, the "subwoofer" in the kits are not powered by a separate amp. They rely on the sound board in the pin, which is pretty weak. So you will never get as much bass from one of the kits as you will a separate powered subwoofer.

So the right answer is to add an amp to the subwoofer section of a PP or FF upgrade, it sounds like. Hmm. Maybe when the Polk goes back on sale I'll grab one and see how easy it is to take apart...

--Donnie

#24 10 years ago
Quoted from ZEN:

my pp shakes the shit out of the game, no need fo another source, one or the other. bass frequencies are non directional. I didnt get a shaker motor for the tron b/c I dont need one now

In what game?

It's simply a matter of power...look at the audio amp in most pins and you'll find something pretty uninspiring. Better speakers themselves can only do so much. I've got PP and FF systems now and yes, I was happy with the investment, but at the same time I could see an amp for the subwoofer making another nice noticeable improvement. But like others, I'm simply unwilling to have that subwoofer sit on the floor under the game.

--Donnie

#26 10 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

Seems like the sub is small enough to fabricate some brackets and suspend it under the cab near the back and you probably wouldnt even see it

It would still interfere with a pinball dolly.

--Donnie

#29 10 years ago
Quoted from Montu32:

a sub shakes the floor and you feel it up through your legs rather than shaking your machine and hands to bits like a shaker,much better feeling!!!

To each his own. I like the machine itself getting shaken. And besides, my gameroom "floor" is solid concrete. Ain't no sub gonna shake that. *shrug*

My machines don't get moved often, either, but they do get moved sometimes. I rearrange the gameroom from time to time. I move machines to my shop if they need more major overhauls. And sometimes, yes, I sell them.

--Donnie

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 100.00
Playfield - Other
JuanSolo's modshop

$ 22.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

7,600 (OBO)
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 16.00
Lighting - Other
Slap Save Creations

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
$ 25.50
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.95
7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 149.00
$ 68.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Chrome Candy

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Elgin, OK
7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Hot Springs, AR
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider djb_rh.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-pro-or-flipper-fidelity-upgrade-for-met-pro?tu=djb_rh and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.