Topic Stats

• 12 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by EhDose
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

#1 8 years ago

So I posted another post which had some questions on the volume between sub and back box. I retrospect I was a little quick on the gun to write it. In my 25 machine past and present collection I have always upgraded the speakers and sub and doing that always had to figure out how to balance the sub to the back box. In older Sys 11 I used the add resistors to the sub and newer WPC I added an amp to the line outs and controls treble and bass and balance from sub to speaker. I always on every machine had a huge difference from back box to sub.

Moving to today this is the first time I tried a pinball speaker vendor and was a little surprised there was not volume balance.

Well after installing them today I can say they did their homework. No balance needed. Plug and play and awesome.

Anyone with a MMR needs to send those Chinese speakers back to China and get these. I cannot believe how well I can hear the Duke of Bourbon, etc. Well worth it and top notch service.

Send the China back to China petition and get some Pinball Pro!

#2 8 years ago

Thank you very much for the compliments! We spent a good amount of time on this kit and found the volume control to be unnecessary. In fact it would only reduce performance in this particular kit. Thanks again for the confidence in our products!

Greg
Www.pinballpro.com

#3 8 years ago

Do you have a kit to replace the backbox speakers only?

#4 8 years ago
Quoted from Kkuoppamaki:

Do you have a kit to replace the backbox speakers only?

Just a complete kit, however we can do about anything you want. Just contact me and we can work out a backbox only kit

#5 8 years ago

Just upgraded my speakers using a full MMR Pinball Pro kit. Great result, huge difference in sound quality. Replacing the base speaker alone made A big difference.

The speakers that come installed in the machine are the cheapest pieces of crap I have ever heard.

3 weeks later
#6 8 years ago

I just installed the Pinball Pro MMR kit and I had the same experience. The dialog is alot clearer and with a fuller range of sound you can hear parts of the music and sound effects which must have been getting cut off by the stock speakers. If you are into sound/audio I would get the kit.

#7 8 years ago

I am considering buying the kit. What about the subwoofer upgrade ? Is it really an important improvement from the -already- upgraded sub in the kit ?

Also, my speakers cable are soldered. Do I need to desolder/resolder to install the Pinball Pro ones, or are they sold with wires ?

#8 8 years ago

You can clip the wires off of the speakers if you want, and then connect them to the new speakers however you want. But it is easy to get a soldering iron to remove the wires and solder them to the new speakers. Its easy. The kit does not come with wires (they are not necessary, just re-attach the existing ones). You probably want to get the sub too. May as well go for it. It sounds great.

#9 8 years ago

Oh sorry, you meant the upgraded kit sub. I didnt get that so not sure.

#10 8 years ago

Ok thanks.

And what about the subwoofer upgrade ? Is it really an important improvement from the -already- upgraded sub in the kit ?

#11 8 years ago

The upgrade is more efficient, adds more bass to the game. Plus it is chromed for those looking to go all out on their games. It is not necessary, you will be very please with the standard kit.

4 months later
#12 7 years ago

Such a great upgrade! Installed mine as soon as my game arrived, such an improvement over the original speakers. Played a few games before installing and I was disappointed with the overall sound and some of the call outs. The pinball pro speakers fix the call outs and make the game sound as great as it plays! Definitely recommend these speakers! So easy to install too.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.95
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 225.00
Cabinet - Other
FlyLand Designs

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-pro-mmr-awesome and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.