Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 28 posts
  • 21 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by vcloverjr
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bojo.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#12 11 years ago
    Quoted from gweempose:

Based purely on the artwork, the Pro is definitely the clear winner in my eyes. The problem is that we don't yet know how the add-ons on the LE will affect gameplay.

Agreed. The only conclusion that can be drawn is which cabinet looks better. Until we see gameplay videos and people get to actually play them we will not know which one is truly better. You don't get to play the artwork and "gameplay" is the most important factor for determining which machine is better and the artwork is more of a compliment to the machine. And just like TF, there will be those who feel the LE plays better those who feel the Pro plays better. Same thing happened with Tron when the LE came out and nobody thought the ramp lights were worth the extra money, now look at it.

#15 11 years ago
    Quoted from NimblePin:

Well, it did have the DP multi w/Castor track which I definitely wanted, so- in my eyes it wasn't JUST the ramp lighting that sold me on the LE.
    Can't wait to play it!

And I bet there will be more mode/gameplay differences on the X-MEN LE vs Pro with the pop up targets and moving ramp then there was on Tron LE vs Pro. Again, not saying one is better then the other and would only make that claim once I played them both. Just think it's way to early to make any assumptions based on a picture which isn't even the real LE PF and is photo shopped Pro. I am still on the fence which version to get myself and unfortunately we will not have gameplay vids of the Pro vs LE until after the payment is due.

#17 11 years ago

If speed is your thing then the pro probably works best. Everyone says how TF is faster because the ramps are smoother but the time difference it takes for the ball to get back to you in the LE vs Pro is very minor and they extra gate in the back really makes the LE faster. I personally think the ramp lights make Tron LE and the daft punk is a nice bonus as well. In the case with XMLE maybe the extra features will "make" the game that much better like I feel they did in Tron LE. On the other hand the extras might not do that much like they did on TF. I have no idea what to expect from the spinning disk, moving ramp, and pop targets and wish more information was provided on those. They could be implemented and executed very well or they could be mediocre and that unknown is bugging me the most.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bojo.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-pro-artwork-comment?tu=bojo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.