3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 15 posts
  • 10 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Elevatorman
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 3 years ago

Hi! I came dangerously close to making an impulse purchase of NIB Wizard of Oz, and have decided instead to try and acquire 3-4 of the midrange williams pins instead (of course I might flip flop on this). I wanted to know if anyone can help me determine a fair price for various machines. For example, World Cup is one I am interested in. When I look at the pinside page for this, it shows "price range $2,220-$2,580". Is the pinside data accurate? If I am able to find one is really nice condition, what would a fair price be?

I have about a dozen other machines on my target list, so I can either post them here, or PM with someone.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

#2 3 years ago

What is the list, and where do you live? Games can vary in price a good amount between areas.

#3 3 years ago

Post your list here. Wcs is $1800-$2300 down here in the South East.

Top 100 games priced under $2500 are usually pretty easy to buy and sell due to their popularity and value. I would give some a shot instead of going all in on 1 pin in Woz? A woz will be there for you when you are ready.

#4 3 years ago

I live in the Midwest, and a list of games I am interested in, along with a few that I think might be available soon (and I would only buy them if I find them in very nice condition as I don't have time nor expertise to do any restoration). I also need family appropriate themes, as I have young children. I currently own Indiana Jones and Addams Family.

World Cup
    Fish Tales
    No Good Gophers
    WhiteWater
    Flintstones
    Demolition Man
    No Fear
    Funhouse (though I think this might be more expensive than the others).

Thanks!

#5 3 years ago
    #6 3 years ago

Check the ebay summary at boston pinball for good price data too. I started with a JP and T2 myself.

#7 3 years ago

In the Chicago metropolitan area, the top end of the pinside price range is usually a pretty good approximation of FMV for a machine in average condition.

#8 3 years ago
    Quoted from ramsfan:

I live in the Midwest, and a list of games I am interested in, along with a few that I think might be available soon (and I would only buy them if I find them in very nice condition as I don't have time nor expertise to do any restoration). I also need family appropriate themes, as I have young children. I currently own Indiana Jones and Addams Family.
    World Cup
    Fish Tales
    No Good Gophers
    WhiteWater
    Flintstones
    Demolition Man
    No Fear
    Funhouse (though I think this might be more expensive than the others).
    Thanks!

I would say most of these games should be in your price range. FH, WH2O, and NGG would be the exceptions. (You might be able to find rough games in your price range of those titles though.)

#9 3 years ago

I believe you are on the right path going for quantity over WOZ. If you have the space for them, that's the better move.

Kids will love WCS. Very approachable for newbies and the casual player. Getting to, and beating Germany, in the Final Match is a huge adrenaline rush! It's the one game in my collection that everyone plays when they come over.

No Fear would add balance to your collection from a speed and flow standpoint.

And you still have money for another one, maybe two, instead of one WOZ. Maybe a MET Pro????

#10 3 years ago

Thanks all - Blitz, any feedback on FMV for WCS and No Fear? Also, interesting you say MET Pro, I always gravitate to Metallica when I go out and play, love the game! However, I am not a fan of Metallica music (I could get over that), but more concerning would be any language and stuff from the game with the kids around. Do you share this concern, or is not that bad?

#11 3 years ago
    Quoted from ramsfan:

Thanks all - Blitz, any feedback on FMV for WCS and No Fear? Also, interesting you say MET Pro, I always gravitate to Metallica when I go out and play, love the game! However, I am not a fan of Metallica music (I could get over that), but more concerning would be any language and stuff from the game with the kids around. Do you share this concern, or is not that bad?

Family mode

#12 3 years ago

open mind up to DE and Sega games, and you will have lots of choices. If you are open minded, and wait until deals show up....don't be dead set on something specific. YOu should be able to get 5-6 games for what a Woz costs.

#13 3 years ago

I would recommend White water first. A fun game that can last in your collection a long time. You may also want to consider Congo, Shadow, RFM, I500, Corvette, whirlwind and JP. Good hunting

#14 3 years ago
    Quoted from ramsfan:

Metallica has a family mode you can put it on. It's the one Stern I play the most when out and about.

FMV on WCS or NF....as always, condition is big factor. As is part of the country. In Texas, nicer ones for either title can go $2500-$3000.

#15 3 years ago

I'm not sure where you are located in the Midwest but I have a Data East Time Machine in pretty good shape,shopped,plug and play.
    I'd sell it for $1450.00.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    Pinball Pro
    $ 9.95
    $ 15.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Medisinyl Mods
    $ 18,500.00
    Pinball Machine
    www.retroarcade.se
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 17.50
    Playfield - Plastics
    Pinball Haus
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    Lighting - Interactive
    Hookedonpinball.com
    $ 149.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 42.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 7.95
    Apparel - Unisex
    Pinball Wheezer
    $ 239.99
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    $ 11.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 159.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 5,799.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    $ 5,799.00
    Pinball Machine
    Gulf Coast Pinball, LLC
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    £ 39.00
    Lighting - Led
    PinballToys
    $ 20.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Pinball Haus
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Gameroom Mods
    $ 79.00

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside