(Topic ID: 325965)

Pinball Price Hikes - How much do you care?

By zaphX

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 66 posts
  • 47 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by screaminr
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“How have the NIB pinball price increases affected your participation in the hobby?”

• I never bought NIB anyway 32 votes
      18%
    • I’m looking for a new hobby 18 votes
      10%
    • I’ll wait for discounts on HUO machines on the secondary market 87 votes
      50%
    • It’s annoying, but I’ll swallow the price hikes and keep buying 27 votes
      15%
    • I don’t mind the price hikes at all 11 votes
      6%

(175 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20221214-120313 (resized).png
    Screenshot_20220227-213119_Chrome (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Vespula.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#65 1 year ago
    Quoted from JakeFAttie:

I just bought my first and only NIB (GZ pro, of course). With used prices what they are it just made sense. I doubt I will every buy NIB again. It took a lot for me to let myself buy a $7000 toy. No way I could ever justify another. And also don't see why I would need two. If I ever get bored, I'll trade it. Maybe trade up to a premium something. But I plan to be a one machine at a time guy. Maybe find a cheaper classic for a second machine if I ever feel the urge. If I was rich like some of the collectors here, I'm not sure a few hundred or even a few thousand price hike would mean much though. Like everything, the pinball market is reflecting the deepening economic inequalities of our society. Now that routing is more or less dead and commercial pinball is just a barcade thing, most of the new market is for wealthy collectors. Stern is Mercedes now, not Ford.

I've said the same thing for the last year since I got my first pin..a nib GNR... I'm a 1 pin guy.
    Now ironically I read your post today as I'm sitting here watching out the window eating those words for lunch and waiting on FedEx to pull in the driveway and drop my new $6699 Rush pro.

Edit: oh wait . Here they are now!

Screenshot_20221214-120313 (resized).pngScreenshot_20221214-120313 (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Vespula.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-price-hikes-how-much-do-you-care?tu=Vespula and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.