Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 106 posts
  • 64 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by Skypilot
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pinball-is-gay.jpg
    There are 106 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
    #101 11 years ago
    Quoted from toyotaboy:

Only reason why people flock to titles like SS, TZ and MM and pay crazy prices is because sadly these titles are better than some of the new stuff Stern is putting out.

So true I like newer Sterns and own quite a few myself, however when I play my WMS/Bally games I don't feel like I am stepping into a time machine. I actually feel the opposite and when I play games like TZ I am amazed at all they did back then and how little machines have advanced in 20 years.

#102 11 years ago
    Quoted from BoJo:

So true I like newer Sterns and own quite a few myself, however when I play my WMS/Bally games I don't feel like I am stepping into a Time Machine. I actually feel the opposite and when I play games like TZ I am amazed at all they did back then and how little machines have advanced in 20 years.

I think any medium has a limit to how much creativity you can put into it, with the exception of books pretty much. How many different ways can you arrange a playfield? Better question: How many different ways can you arrange it so that it doesn't feel like something else you've played before? There's only so much you can do.

I will say though that it's seems like it's still possible to innovate in this case. I played WoZ at New York Comic-Con and thought the big banks of targets and "layered" playfield were, while not exactly new, in a package that did feel pretty fresh to me.

#103 11 years ago
    Quoted from mjk280:

I think any medium has a limit to how much creativity you can put into it, with the exception of books pretty much. How many different ways can you arrange a playfield? Better question: How many different ways can you arrange it so that it doesn't feel like something else you've played before? There's only so much you can do.
    I will say though that it's seems like it's still possible to innovate in this case. I played WoZ at New York Comic-Con and thought the big banks of targets and "layered" playfield were, while not exactly new, in a package that did feel pretty fresh to me.

I don't know about a creativity limit. There are tons of things that could be done with the space of a pinball cabinet. I bet people have tons of ideas. I know I do.

#104 11 years ago

calvin12 said:

Might be, but I just got an MM, I know I bought on top of a massive bubble and don't care, I got it because I wanted it, it was extremely nice, and I don't plant to sell it.

Quoted from kapper:

I totally agree. Enjoy it. Have fun. Worry about what it is worth when you want to sell it.
    Its a hobby for most.
    I expect every game I buy to drop in value just like every other depreciating asset I own. If I'm so lucky to sell it for more down the road - great. If not, I enjoyed owning it while I did.

I agree I do not by pinballs as investments I buy them to have FUN... I understand some people do by them as investments and that's cool...I just don't see it that way....If I want to make more money I go work more.

#105 11 years ago

Ah bubble boys...there is no way you can compare pinball values to house or car prices.
    People need homes and automobiles to function in society. If you want to compare I'd say look at fine art (as I do believe pinballs are modern and playable art). Big names such as Picasso, davinci, even pollock all have raising prices, and if you think a 12k MM is absurd take a peak at what some canvas, paint and a frame go for! It's not that anyone 'needs' an original Rembrandt nor a medival madness but still there is a perceived value on these items and that value is almost always increasing. While I'm not a fan of ever increasing prices I have accepted that this is the current state of pinball, you can get deals but it takes a lot of time, work, available cash and right place right time luck.

#106 11 years ago

There is a story about a man stuck in a house during a flood. Three opportunities came and went for him to be rescued,each time he said no God will save me .He died and stood before God and said "why didn't you save me" and God replied " I sent you help three times".

So while you continue to discuss a subject that no one truly knows ,I 'll keep looking for fair market values and purchasing/trading and enjoying Pinball at the NOW

YOLO

Peace & Pinball

SKYPILOT OUT

There are 106 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-price-bubble-will-pop/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.