(Topic ID: 4443)

Pinball price BUBBLE ... think it can't happen? THINK AGAIN!

By Hyperion

12 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,050 posts
  • 289 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 48 days ago by JWilberdog
  • Topic is favorited by 36 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Do you think there is a Pinball Price Bubble?”

• Yes 265 votes
      45%
    • No 202 votes
      35%
    • Maybe 83 votes
      14%
    • I don't care long as I make more $$$ 33 votes
      6%

(583 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

720 (resized).jpg
    Beef-Stroganoff-Recipe-9 (resized).jpg
    medicine.gif
    IMG_0285 (resized).png
    C0F20021-920D-43FF-B712-0B224763EA5A.gif
    df8bcdcc-0fc4-41da-a236-dc499c05614c_text.gif
    revenge-of-the-nerds-fire-3.gif
    revenge-of-the-nerds-fire-4.gif
    06AF2B45-791D-4627-84CE-2EFEE9688266 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1997 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2006 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1811 (resized).JPG
    Screenshot_20230719_191134_Brave (resized).jpg
    6350EBD5-B1CD-4607-82FB-D27100639F3E.gif
    IMG_8068 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_8067 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider the9gman.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#314 2 years ago
    Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

Buy a game at a price you can afford that’s within your comfort zone

Hit the nail on the head. No matter how you look at it pinball machines are cool and when most people see them in your house they have the urge to play. When you I Look at some peoples collections and houses that are on this site, I sometimes think to myself that I chose the wrong line of work. But when I think again, I didn't because I thoroughly enjoyed what I did for a living and I don't think I would have wanted to go back and change that just for money and things. Plus after working in electronics for over 40 years, I really hate computer problems. So having a new machine is not that attractive to me. I like finding older machines to learn how they work and marvel at how they were designed. Price bubble or not, I could give a shit anymore. There are a lot of ways to enjoy the hobby without spending a lot of cash, the least expensive being playing on site.

One thing I can guarantee though .....if you put up a price bubble thread..... Levi will come !

5 months later
    #379 1 year ago

I have come to the conclusion that pinball machines are like any other collectable ....the desireable ones will always hold or increase in value, the common ones that few people want will come down in value with age. At this point there will never be a time like in the late 90's and 2000's when most of the Arcades closed and people were dumping and practically giving away machines. New machines cost more to make so they will keep going up. Unless you find someone who is having a Dick and Jane crisis where the lawn has been repossessed and they need money quick, you are going to be paying market value. There are a lot of vultures that will snag those deals quicker then you can pick up the phone unless your lucky and just happen to find it before them. On the bright side every once in a while the blind squirrel can actually find a nut.

3 months later
    #387 1 year ago
    Quoted from PanzerKraken:

the prices will continue to go up

from what I have seen it gets more ridiculous every day, Sold a players condition Raven for 800 bucks earlier this year because to me that was an honest price and thats all it was really worth ...two weeks later it was on facebook marketplace for 2 gran ....that was a bad deal for the person that bought it at 2 gran....sold a spring break for 1500 and now 8 months later I just saw it listed for 2600 .....if the guy gets that much,it's a better investment return than he could ever get from the stock market ....It's mind boggling what people are willing to spend and as long as the trend continues the bubble will never burst. Whatever happened to the muffler guy who said " I'm not going to pay a lot for this muffler" or the old lady from Wendy's who complained " Where is the beef ?"

3 weeks later
    #427 1 year ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

A list games like Addams or TZ going for around $5k or less.

Think hell will freeze over before we ever see that

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider the9gman.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-price-bubble-think-it-cant-happen-think-again?tu=the9gman and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.