(Topic ID: 4443)

Pinball price BUBBLE ... think it can't happen? THINK AGAIN!

By Hyperion

12 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,050 posts
  • 289 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 51 days ago by JWilberdog
  • Topic is favorited by 36 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Do you think there is a Pinball Price Bubble?”

• Yes 265 votes
      45%
    • No 202 votes
      35%
    • Maybe 83 votes
      14%
    • I don't care long as I make more $$$ 33 votes
      6%

(583 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

720 (resized).jpg
    Beef-Stroganoff-Recipe-9 (resized).jpg
    medicine.gif
    IMG_0285 (resized).png
    C0F20021-920D-43FF-B712-0B224763EA5A.gif
    df8bcdcc-0fc4-41da-a236-dc499c05614c_text.gif
    revenge-of-the-nerds-fire-3.gif
    revenge-of-the-nerds-fire-4.gif
    06AF2B45-791D-4627-84CE-2EFEE9688266 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1997 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2006 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1811 (resized).JPG
    Screenshot_20230719_191134_Brave (resized).jpg
    6350EBD5-B1CD-4607-82FB-D27100639F3E.gif
    IMG_8068 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_8067 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sosage.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

TILTed post. Sign in to be able to view TILTed posts.
    #84 11 years ago
    Quoted from jimjim66:

Since this thread has been reopened after close to a year- 2 questions for the "Bubble Popping" people.
    When? 1 year, 2 years, 5+ years

This Friday. Plan accordingly.

#98 11 years ago
    Quoted from gambit3113:

When you draw any parallel to baseball card or comic book market, your argument loses all credibility. Those were mass produced to junk bond status. Completely different story.

Do us both a favor and don't start firing off claims like losing "all credibility". I'm saying what is happening in pinball is not new. It's going through the same thing other frivolous hobbies have gone through when human beings hype it into an "investment" market. Comics and cards are the two most mainstream examples that everyone here can relate to. You can nitpick specific things about those examples to fit your view all you want, doesn't really change that this dumb investment/fake marketing stage pinball is in now is something every hobby sees (and in fact, this isn't pinball's first time to this rodeo anyways). This will settle more than pop.

#108 11 years ago
    Quoted from gambit3113:

Now, this response really does end the credibility of the theory, doesn't it? Don't nitpick "specific things about those examples"?? Like how those examples are completely poor examples and not analogous at all because of the mass production and collapse of value due to overpopulation? No, I wouldn't say that I am trying to skew the argument by nitpicking. I am merely pointing put that, unlike when everyone and their kid brother had 14 issues of Spawn #1 and were told by Wizard that they were each worth $40, or when everyone had four pages of Bo Jackson Black and White Score cards and were told by Beckett that they were each worth $50, not everyone has an MM. Other hobbies were falsely inflated through hype and marketing B.S., and the house of card collapsed when everyone realized that there was no scarcity to drive value. Pinball machines are inflated because people with money are willing to part with their money to buy something that is getting older and decreasingly found on the market.

I didn't say you couldn't nitpick, just that you're not seeing the forest nitpicking the trees. I don't even disagree with you, well...mostly, on the quantity issue you're ranting about. I also don't really need your approval of "credibility", whoever you think you are, when my point is backed up by the market nature of every hobby...well...ever.

You wanna calm down and shake hands or still rant?

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sosage.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-price-bubble-think-it-cant-happen-think-again?tu=sosage and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.