(Topic ID: 4443)

Pinball price BUBBLE ... think it can't happen? THINK AGAIN!

By Hyperion

12 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,050 posts
  • 289 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 50 days ago by JWilberdog
  • Topic is favorited by 36 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Do you think there is a Pinball Price Bubble?”

• Yes 265 votes
      45%
    • No 202 votes
      35%
    • Maybe 83 votes
      14%
    • I don't care long as I make more $$$ 33 votes
      6%

(583 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

720 (resized).jpg
    Beef-Stroganoff-Recipe-9 (resized).jpg
    medicine.gif
    IMG_0285 (resized).png
    C0F20021-920D-43FF-B712-0B224763EA5A.gif
    df8bcdcc-0fc4-41da-a236-dc499c05614c_text.gif
    revenge-of-the-nerds-fire-3.gif
    revenge-of-the-nerds-fire-4.gif
    06AF2B45-791D-4627-84CE-2EFEE9688266 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1997 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2006 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1811 (resized).JPG
    Screenshot_20230719_191134_Brave (resized).jpg
    6350EBD5-B1CD-4607-82FB-D27100639F3E.gif
    IMG_8068 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_8067 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Cobray.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#115 11 years ago

A home is an investment, for the most part. Lots of people were just buying them for rentals and to re-sell at a much higher price later. I don't know anyone that's buying pins right now just for the hopes of re-selling at a higher price later.

Pins are high right now because new people have entered our hobby and they are impatient.. they want the best titles NOW and are willing to pay the high price. I've waited a year or two to buy some titles, and happily did it. Some of the new guys are just throwing the ridiculous cash out so they can have instant gratification. Sellers have noticed this and they are thinking "hell, if someone will give me "X" for this pin, which is way more than I paid for it, then I'll sell it. Buyers are putting out the big cash. I kind of think it's funny when I see a newb declare that they have been looking for one of the top titles "for a whole month!". They want it now, and have driven the market up because of that.

I think the market will level off, mainly because we have all kinds of new people joining the hobby and the demand will always be there. The new Sterns and JJP's are very nice, but there is no substitute for the classics- they are timeless and have stood the test of time. I don't see a "bubble" bursting. I think this is the guys that want the top titles dreaming about everyone else that has them losing their butt. I haven't been able to afford the big titles, and probably won't be able to at todays prices, but I'm realistic that they aren't going to get cheap in the future. I'm lucky enough, though, that had several pins in my collection that I bought years ago that have gone up, so trade value is what has saved me.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Cobray.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-price-bubble-think-it-cant-happen-think-again?tu=Cobray and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.