• 271 posts
  • 106 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by leonml
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Predict the future of A list pinball prices”

• They will continue to rise with no end in sight. ($30K for a MM someday!) 55 votes
    12%
  • They will continue to rise and then take a dip (Newer technology replacing old) 120 votes
    27%
  • They will stay about the same for a long time (Still out of reach for most) 171 votes
    39%
  • I don't want to think about it and enjoy the pins that I have. 44 votes
    10%
  • I don't care. 53 votes
    12%

(443 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

yuuuup.jpeg
trends2.gif
trends.gif
3.jpg
IMG_1234.PNG
marshallluckyposter.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider whysnow.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#25 11 years ago

Feels like a broken record around here with this 'bubble' talk.

"A" listers keep going up. That is the fact. Speculate all you want, but the longer you wait the more you will tend to pay. While some trade hands, MANY games are settling into the permenant collections of RICH people and hence the supply continues to go down.

Heck... I just found a buddy whose pops has a MINT shadow (I know it is not an "A" title) and he will not sell it for ANY price even though he only plays it less than 20 times a year. It is just a fact that many rich people would rather have the toy than the hassle. These same rich people are buying up the "A" listers with no intent of ever selling.

This bubble you speak of is not coming!

1 month later
#155 11 years ago

Does anyone actually have some examples of A list games recently going for less?

#160 11 years ago

Does anyone actually want to provide some facts or is it just "if this" and "when that" opinions?

I would like to buy some of these cheaper pins but EVERYTHING I have found recently is more than it was even 8 months ago when I bought my first...

A list and B list have both gone up, heck even older SS machines I would like have gone up.

#163 11 years ago

So more hand waving...

Seriously, can anyone show me some hard facts that denote a real trend? Link me an ebay auction, pinside thread, anything...
Something like, "I just bought a CQ MM for 8k" or "I just sold a routed AFM that needs some work for 5k" would even help your cause.

A MM that needs work selling for just under 10k, a few AFMs that sat more than a few weeks during the summer but eventually sold for a high price, and a couple other guys A list CQ games "struggle" to sell is just more conjecture and not real evidence of anything dropping in price all of a sudden.

#165 11 years ago
Quoted from Miguel351:

I guess you were typing when I posted my last response. But I just checked again, and outside of the dealers' sales, most of the really nice TAF's sold right around $4k. There were even a couple that received zero bids at under $4k!
Keep in mind we're talking about eBay here, where people get stupid money for pins(as evidenced by numerous posts in numerous threads here).

Nice TAFs for 4k is not evidence of a price decline. Heck I picked up my nice TAF for less than 4k 8 months ago.

Maybe that is evidence that TAF is stabalized at ~4, but TAf really has not seen a rapid increase either has it?

#183 11 years ago
Quoted from Miguel351:

Well, you don't live in California. TAF's were going well over $5k strong for the last 6 months. So, yes, the they have declined, out west. Like I said, check the bay area CL for a TAF and there's more than a few right now at or around $4600. They've been for sale for months. Nobody's biting. If these guys really want to sell their machines, they'll settle for less.
Keep in mind CA prices are stupid.

So they were going for well over $5000 in CA area but selling for $3500 every where else in the country?
Seems to me like anyone looking should have paid $400 to get one shipped from anywhere else...

Asking prices and sale prices are different. Are you sure that the same ones listed for 5000 the past 6mo actually sold and are now not just listed for $4600?

Just pointing out that all the facts I see are that good pins continue to go up (or maybe slightly leveled for certain titles), but I am yet to see any factual evidence of prices going down.

If you actually know of multiple confirmed sales of $5000 from 6 months ago and now comparable machines are being advertised for $4600 then I would still say that you are merely seeing a nice summer dip of a whopping $400 and not a real trend. When they are being sold for 20% or more less of what they were 6 months ago then you may have something to talk about. Untill then it is all just wishful thinking. Trust me, I am right there with you in the wishing dept.

#206 11 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

your poll is flawed. You didn't give the option that the bubble will burst and prices will fall back down to a reasonable level. Which is going to happen and lots of people that bought out of pure rush, and threw loads of cash at games with the "gotta have it now" mentality, are going to lose their ass.

I agree with you on many things, but I think the facts have shown otherwise for the past few years and I do not see that changing. I wish it would and I hope my MM is worth half of what I paid as that means all the other games I would like to own will also be half price

#211 11 years ago

Most of pinside appears to not live off of debt (based on recent polls of buying pins with cash vs. loan/ credit) so hopefully the subsection we represent has this trair in common with the majority of pinball collectors.

Even if people were to start buying pins on credit, if they don't pay the bills then we could expect to see some cheap repo'd pins come up for sale under their market value

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Decals
Creative Mods

$ 9.95
$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 64.99
$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 225.00
Cabinet - Other
FlyLand Designs

$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider whysnow.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-price-bubble-mm-as-an-example?tu=whysnow and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.