• 271 posts
  • 106 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by leonml
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Predict the future of A list pinball prices”

• They will continue to rise with no end in sight. ($30K for a MM someday!) 55 votes
    12%
  • They will continue to rise and then take a dip (Newer technology replacing old) 120 votes
    27%
  • They will stay about the same for a long time (Still out of reach for most) 171 votes
    39%
  • I don't want to think about it and enjoy the pins that I have. 44 votes
    10%
  • I don't care. 53 votes
    12%

(443 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

yuuuup.jpeg
trends2.gif
trends.gif
3.jpg
IMG_1234.PNG
marshallluckyposter.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider robt.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7 11 years ago

Interesting that the poll doesn't even give the option to vote for prices going down (there is one saying they will go up more first, then down).

#70 11 years ago
Quoted from Jake:

This is an internet forum, not a masters thesis. As long as the poster conveys their message, does it really matter?

He's trolling Honch.

#77 11 years ago
Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

Well to each their own enjoy the older 'A' titles. I will enjoy Sterns proven classics as in SM, LOTR, Tron, TSPP and new pins like Predator maybe JJP 2nd. To say no Stern has 'proven' itself is a little short sided IMO. But can respect the fact you see things in a different light.

You missed his point. He isn't talking about Stern proving itself as a company, he's talking about buying a NIB pin that hasn't proven itself in terms of rules, how it will play, how it will be received by pinheads, etc.

#96 11 years ago
Quoted from Toasterdog:

I absolutely think when LCD's become standard for Stern and JJP starts cranking out machines, prices will fall and just as quick as the prices have gone up IMO.

I disagree with this. There have been polls done here and most people don't really care that much about having an LCD on a pin. Yeah, it will be new and different, but it certainly isn't going to make the non-LCD pins less desirable.

#126 11 years ago

Before I give an opinion on whether an LCD is a "game changer" I'd 1) want to know the definition of game changer; 2) play a pin that had an LCD in it.

That said, I'm inclined to say that the LCD is not going to be a game changer. Like Betelgeuse said, pinball is played on the play field. The DMD/LCD is peripheral to the game being played on the play field. Yes, it is an important role, but how much do you see the DMD/LCD while playing the game? Not much.

#150 11 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

That's what one would think would be logical........I'm in for Star Trek and RE
And let's hope that JJ slips something else in before the Hobbit!

Any of these would be very cool themes to me.

It's actually pretty amazing what a roll Stern has been on in terms of great themes (except maybe TRS) lately, and it looks like it will continue.

1 month later
#200 11 years ago
Quoted from Richthofen:

Why is no one addressing the real issue? The government has printed trillions of dollars in the past four years. That money sloshes around in the real economy but starts with the wealthy financiers who have first access to it. They don't spend the same way everyone else does; they spend more on collectibles than most. Collectibles like pinball machines rise first, as well as fine art and other things you don't buy on credit.
I noticed this when I bought a used car earlier this year. Used car prices are ridiculous right now. I brought cash to buy a late model Subaru and was shocked; the dealers don't care about it because their financing for their inventory is so cheap that they aren't in a hurry to move anything and cash buyers don't mean anything to them.
Pinball machines are tangible goods. Expect things they're not making any more of (Gold, Pinballs, Fine Art) will go up. The supply and demand you should look at is not the supply of pins but the supply of money.

Ron Paul is here! Welcome to Pinside!

5 months later
#223 11 years ago
Quoted from coasterguy:

Their is NO pinball bubble people. It's not the housing market. It's a niche hobby with many new members and the same number of the classic pins. They will only go up up up and away.

No. The market will not sustain going "up up up and away" at the same level that it has in the last year.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Decals
Creative Mods

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 225.00
Cabinet - Other
FlyLand Designs

$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 64.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 35.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider robt.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-price-bubble-mm-as-an-example?tu=robt and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.