• 271 posts
  • 106 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by leonml
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Predict the future of A list pinball prices”

• They will continue to rise with no end in sight. ($30K for a MM someday!) 55 votes
    12%
  • They will continue to rise and then take a dip (Newer technology replacing old) 120 votes
    27%
  • They will stay about the same for a long time (Still out of reach for most) 171 votes
    39%
  • I don't want to think about it and enjoy the pins that I have. 44 votes
    10%
  • I don't care. 53 votes
    12%

(443 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

yuuuup.jpeg
trends2.gif
trends.gif
3.jpg
IMG_1234.PNG
marshallluckyposter.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ltg.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 11 years ago

When you look at what is going on.

New people coming in, more demand, less games, the economy isn't that great, and people with money putting it into things other than where they lost a bunch with stocks and banks.

I don't think it's topped out yet, and if the economy gets rolling, I believe prices will continue up.

LTG

#8 11 years ago
Quoted from HeyYouSir:

It helps to love a pinball game no matter what price you pay, but think of the feeling of "investing" $15k - $20k into a MM only to find the price drops two or three years after you bought it.

It's a risk.

But then how would you feel waiting for the bubble to burst and two or three years later $15K - $20K is cheap compared to what they are going for then ?

How do you feel driving a new vehicle off the lot and the price drops then and there and not over a few years ?

Lots of things to consider.

LTG

#15 11 years ago
Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

I think we will see a drop in prices on the classics as Stern starts implementing some new features on future pins

What new features ? All we've ever seen is rumors. No indication anything beyond that.

LTG

#23 11 years ago
Quoted from txstargazer3:

So many of the A list pins are from the 80s and 90s. I believe that many of them hold SOME of their value because we had a great time playing them "back in the day". As younger pinheads join our ranks, they may not revere these pins to the extent that the rest of us do. Added to that, many believe that some of the pins now being released and soon to be released are very well done.

This could signal a shift in demand in the overall marketplace from the classic A listers toward NIB or recent releases. I think that there will not be a big drop in classic A listers, but rather a flattening out of demand at current high levels. I believe the growth in the market is already shifting to new titles. Examples are the popularity of ACDC, X-Men, WOZ, Predator, etc.

I must admit that I find myself more interested in the new stuff than I am in pursuing the pins that interested the most in the past. For example, I made the decision to order WOZ ECLE rather than search out an old favorite. It's a pattern I can see myself repeating in the future.

Anyone else feel this way, or am I alone on my little island?

I wonder if some of the A titles have skyrocketed because they have stood the test of time.

MM was great then, MM is great now.

Same with Stern pins, but they'll need time to see which rises to the crop over time. Some of their games may well appreciate too. But you can just judge them when they come out, because no one will say that a particular model is bad because they learned they have trouble selling it later then.

Look how many said they'd never sell Ironman, and now have.

The future will be interesting to say the least.

LTG

LTG

#28 11 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

"A" listers keep going up. That is the fact. Speculate all you want, but the longer you wait the more you will tend to pay. While some trade hands, MANY games are settling into the permenant collections of RICH people and hence the supply continues to go down.

It isn't just rich people.

I've seen many people hanging onto A titles. For the simple fact if they ever want to get one again. They may not find one for sale. They may not be able to afford it.

So I don't see supply getting better any time soon.

LTG

#36 11 years ago

LTG said:

So I don't see supply getting better any time soon.

There are more pins due to hit the market this year and next than in the past decade. That trend is likely to continue if JJP has success. So supply will be vastly increased every year.

I am sorry, I should have said I don't see the supply of Williams A titles getting better anytime soon.
With them being hung onto.

LTG

#37 11 years ago

LTG said:

What new features ? All we've ever seen is rumors. No indication anything beyond that.

That doesn't matter. I think it is pretty obvious that there will be new features on Stern pins in the next two years. If you think they are going to stick to LED displays exclusively I think your in for a surprise. Just sayin. []

I hope so. Two more years of LEDs, moving band members, and swinging ramps will get old.

I hope Stern comes through with some great new ideas and innovation.

LTG

#55 11 years ago
Quoted from DarthXaos:

If you can afford an A title, you would fit my definition of "rich people".

Even if they bought their MM years ago when they were cheaper ?

LTG

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Decals
Creative Mods

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 225.00
Cabinet - Other
FlyLand Designs

$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 64.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 35.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ltg.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-price-bubble-mm-as-an-example?tu=ltg and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.