• 271 posts
  • 106 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by leonml
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Predict the future of A list pinball prices”

• They will continue to rise with no end in sight. ($30K for a MM someday!) 55 votes
    12%
  • They will continue to rise and then take a dip (Newer technology replacing old) 119 votes
    27%
  • They will stay about the same for a long time (Still out of reach for most) 171 votes
    39%
  • I don't want to think about it and enjoy the pins that I have. 44 votes
    10%
  • I don't care. 53 votes
    12%

(442 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

There have been 6 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

yuuuup.jpeg
trends2.gif
trends.gif
3.jpg
IMG_1234.PNG
marshallluckyposter.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider don1.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#156 7 years ago

To the original topic, when has any collectible hobby market ever followed any other hobby market exactly? Pinball is unique, with it's own challenges in it's supply chain and a demographic that is not easy to pigeonhole. The only thing you can be certain of is that next year will not be like this year, and that will continue to be the case year after year.

The LCD subtopic was interesting, but honestly it seems to only benefit bystanders. When I play Tron the ball is rarely trapped so I never see the screen. I'm always playing with my sons at home and they know that part of the job of the bystander is to call out whenever the screen tells me that I should be shooting for something that isn't obvious by the playfield lamps.

That may mean I need to learn the audio calls and lights better, but also points out that not every game is stop and go and directs you to 'look up'. Our FastBreak table on the other hand does stop the game and actually speaks to you and says "Look UP! blah blah blah...." basically saying hey dummy, stop looking at the ball and table and look at the backboard where there is another ball and flipper to use...

No matter if it was an LCD screen, a cannon, a flipper, a rocketlauncher, 3d dancing martians, or whatever device they add to the backboard it's not where 99% of pinball players are focused 'while playing'.

Would it be cool to have LCD, lasers, smoke effects, flashing lights, toys, etc on the backboard? Sure, it's all cool. Does it change the way the game plays... sure, some games hold the ball and have you interact with the backboard by watching a clip or audio or flipping something around. Does everyone want every game to 'pause' and make you look up.. nope.

I want LCD's on my backboards because I want more information displayed. What ball am I on?? How much did that last switch award me? How fast did the ball move when the rapter pit kicker just threw it back at me? What time is lunch? How many texts did I miss while playing this game? Cool, load it up. But just don't expect me to read it all while I'm playing Pinball

11 months later
#232 6 years ago

Since I'm pretty new to the hobby I really like reading older threads and getting a sense of how things have progressed. Thanks for the good read!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 135.00
Lighting - Led
LED OCD
€ 8.10
Flipper Parts
Buthamburg
$ 8.50
Lighting - Led
Pinball Haus
$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
$ 11.95

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider don1.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside