• 271 posts
  • 106 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by leonml
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Predict the future of A list pinball prices”

• They will continue to rise with no end in sight. ($30K for a MM someday!) 55 votes
    12%
  • They will continue to rise and then take a dip (Newer technology replacing old) 119 votes
    27%
  • They will stay about the same for a long time (Still out of reach for most) 171 votes
    39%
  • I don't want to think about it and enjoy the pins that I have. 44 votes
    10%
  • I don't care. 53 votes
    12%

(442 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

There have been 6 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

yuuuup.jpeg
trends2.gif
trends.gif
3.jpg
IMG_1234.PNG
marshallluckyposter.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider deaconblooze.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#175 7 years ago

I doubt we'll see the games completely drop off, but I think some of the recent sales that are high are not an accurate representation of the intrinsic value of those pins - no more so than a great deal suggests that a pin should be valued much lower.

People see a game go for 2-3k what they're normally used to seeing, and they panic. It's a small enough community that we fuel these prices very quickly compared to other, much more robust, markets. If you see your game sell for a high dollar amount, at least part of you has to question whether your machine is worth that kind of money to you.

I think a lot of the rise is attributed to Pinball Arcade, or even FX2, it's reminding people about pinball.

Let us also not forget that there are other things that will have an effect on the pinball market. New technology elsewhere, for example. For those of you who do not follow video games, the current consoles are pretty old, over 6 years old. Within at least the next couple of years you will see new consoles. These DO act as an alternative for the entertainment that pinball provides (at least to a lot of people, particularly those who have been brought IN by video games like pinball arcade). They're cheaper, more versatile, loaded with technology, and who knows that next gen will be capable of.

We've seen the video game market have a real effect on pinball before. When the frustration of trying to find a reasonably priced machine becomes too much, I wonder how many will flee to substitutes. I don't think it will necessarily make prices plunge, but it could certainly have an interesting effect.

Just a thought.

#193 7 years ago
Quoted from HeyYouSir:

My wife would be unlikely to approve the purchase even
if MM was at a ridiculously low price... At least for now.

I'm just curious why this would be?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Montreal

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider deaconblooze.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside