• 271 posts
  • 106 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by leonml
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Predict the future of A list pinball prices”

• They will continue to rise with no end in sight. ($30K for a MM someday!) 55 votes
    12%
  • They will continue to rise and then take a dip (Newer technology replacing old) 120 votes
    27%
  • They will stay about the same for a long time (Still out of reach for most) 171 votes
    39%
  • I don't want to think about it and enjoy the pins that I have. 44 votes
    10%
  • I don't care. 53 votes
    12%

(443 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

yuuuup.jpeg
trends2.gif
trends.gif
3.jpg
IMG_1234.PNG
marshallluckyposter.jpg
There are 270 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 6.
#250 10 years ago

Yup...you got that right. EM games are taking a hit and it will keep working its way up the chain as new technology works its way into the consumer product. In an ideal world our games value would stay flat but even with inflation. But thats not going to happen due to technology making the previous version of games obsolete in the eyes of the consumer. This is a "throwaway economy".

Someday soon the DMD games will be old technology too and it will reflect in the value of the used games. Stern will have to get on the bandwagon eventually to an LCD, but they will not be the factor that they used to be in the pinball world if they do not regain the confidence of the consumers by finishing the code on their games. For what people are paying for new games these days they expect a finished product. Or at least they expect that it will indeed be completed later.

It takes more than a bunch of flashing lights to make a game a success in this market that is selling primarily to well informed home use owners. A bunch of flashing lights might make a game a success in a bar, but thats not where the majority of new games are going anymore.

#251 10 years ago
Quoted from playernumber4:

Stern will have to get on the bandwagon eventually to an LCD

I don't think Stern will need to go that route unless they see sales slump significantly. I don't think JJP will cut into their market until they get to games #3 and #4.

Right now Stern is selling old-tech games like hotcakes.

The question is, can JJP stay in business long enough to carve out their place in the market? I have a feeling presales of Hobbit are slow and will remain that way until WOZ is out and the code is polished. But will JJP be able to hang in there that long? The fact that they've already announced and are taking orders for another LE version of WOZ appears to be a sign that they need operating capital.

Will Stern suck all the money out of the market before JJP can catch their production up? This is the big question.

#252 10 years ago

Stern does have a chance here to be the "nitche" manufacturer by keeping their same platform and reducing their prices to $1000 less than JJP games.

They could then change their moniker to "the only manufacturer of affordable pinball games on the planet".

#253 10 years ago
Quoted from Honch:

It's funny to go back and read through the whole thread. The fact is, there never was a bubble, only a lack of classic B/W pins. Which apparently is going to be rectified shortly.

Actually we are in a bubble now. The definition of price bubble is basically, Prices double and triple within a very short period of time (less than a year). that's exactly what happened almost overnight. The bubble is bursting as many high end games are sitting around unsold.

#254 10 years ago

Stern does have a chance here to be the "nitche" manufacturer by keeping their same platform and reducing their prices to $1000 less than JJP games.
They could then change their moniker to "the only manufacturer of affordable pinball games on the planet".

They've already done that, and then some. Stern Pro games are ~$4500 ....you can almost buy 2 of 'em for the price of a JJP. Premiums are ~$6000

#255 10 years ago

I can't say that I fully agree with the statements about DMD games becoming obsolete like EMs and early ss games, even if the LCD becomes standard. Firstly, it would take more than a handful of LCD titles to even make a dent in the DMD market. Secondly, what sets DMD games apart from the games before them was MUCH more than just a new display. They introduced (or at least made standard) the use of all the things we expect in modern pinball like ramps, modes, multiballs, wizard objectives, flashers, magnets, etc... I don't see anything revolutionary like that going on even in the proposed new designs some 25 years later. Really, if you took the LCD out of WOZ, it's pretty much no more advanced than games back to the early 90's. There's nothing new on the playfield, where you are actually playing the game and focusing your attention.

Brian

#256 10 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

They've already done that, and then some. Stern Pro games are ~$4500 ....you can almost buy 2 of 'em for the price of a JJP. Premiums are ~$6000

And the STLE is (or was) $7900 with shipping. The Avengers LE was $7400 and did not even include a shaker.

#257 10 years ago

And the STLE is (or was) $7900 with shipping. The Avengers LE was $7400 and did not even include a shaker.

?? AVLE DID have a shaker, and it was $6,700 delivered. Freaking bargain compared to STLE.

#258 10 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

?? AVLE DID have a shaker, and it was $6,700 delivered. Freaking bargain compared to STLE.

And if JJP and PPS hadn't come out with the prices they have, STLE would NOT be a $7,900 game.

-Steve Ridge
Louisville, KY

#259 10 years ago

the display doesn't mean shit. Yea, DMD's were invented so who wants to play funhouse anymore? Throw that junk away. Whirlwind, banzai run....all garbage. DMD's made those obsolete.

3 months later
#260 10 years ago

Is it time to reflect on MM prices again?

#261 10 years ago
Quoted from HeyYouSir:

Is it time to reflect on MM prices again?

Link below of the most recent Ebay sale on Feb. 14th, 2014.

19 bidders--sale price was $11,800.

It was claimed to be HUO--but it clearly wasn't (because of the excessive coin slot wear in one of the pics)...it was just a nice original example therefore IMO.

ebay.com link: Original 1997 Medieval Madness Pinball HUO Superb Condition 1 Owner Help Ship

#262 10 years ago
Quoted from NM:

Link below of the most recent Ebay sale on Feb. 14th, 2014.
19 bidders--sale price was $11,800.
It was claimed to be HUO--but it clearly wasn't (because of the excessive coin slot wear in one of the pics)...it was just a nice original example therefore IMO.
ebay.com link » Original 1997 Medieval Madness Pinball Huo Superb Condition 1 Owner Help Ship

That coin slot wear was the first thing I noticed... HUO my @ss

#263 10 years ago

yuuuup.jpegyuuuup.jpeg

1 week later
#264 10 years ago

As always, will be interesting to see how the remake affects the price of an original MM.
Adding an original MM to my collection is on my wish list ... someday.

5 months later
#265 9 years ago

I've heard talk that in the next two years there will be an abundance of MMs (originals and remakes) for sale in the $7-$8k price range. I am looking forward to that day. How about you?

#266 9 years ago
Quoted from HeyYouSir:

I've heard talk that in the next two years there will be an abundance of MMs (originals and remakes) for sale in the $7-$8k price range. I am looking forward to that day. How about you?

Poll option #5.

#267 9 years ago
Quoted from gprotein:

Poll option #5.

Someone that truly didn't care wouldn't take the time to post that they don't. Just saying...
But thanks for the bump.

3 years later
#269 6 years ago

Interesting read now that some time has passed...

1 month later
#270 6 years ago

Well let's reflect. There's a decent mm for sale, asking 7500.00. Actually I see a mix, crazy prices for old games, like 4200 for a modded shadow, over 4000 for an average, stock funhouse, insane. Then I see recently new, higher ranking titles, for 4 to 5k. Those who want new games are dumping their games cheap, so you find 1 seller asking 4500 for the exact same game, identical in every way, asking 7000.
A nib smaug hobbit for 7200, no dice on the sale, a routed one sells, asking 6500.i just shake my head when I see this. Most huo ones weren't selling at 6500.
What's that old saying...something like, there's a fool born every minute.
The other saying I like...a fool and his money will soon part ways.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Decals
Creative Mods

$ 9.95
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 225.00
Cabinet - Other
FlyLand Designs

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 270 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-price-bubble-mm-as-an-example/page/6 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.