Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 106 posts
  • 54 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by jayhawkai
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

There are 106 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
    #51 11 years ago
    Quoted from Napabar:

Nope. Just common sense. You should try it.

Rumor has it the LCD will appear on Star Trek and not Metallica. Rumor also said the Avengers Pro would be the first all LED game and that did not happen so it's still all up in the air.

#52 11 years ago
    Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Rumor has it the LCD will appear on Star Trek and not Metallica. Rumor also said the Avengers Pro would be the first all LED game and that did not happen so it's still all up in the air.

I'll give that there may be one before Star Trek that still uses LED DMD.....but it's going to happen in 2013....

#53 11 years ago

Avengers LE will become an even bigger hit as more play it.

#54 11 years ago
    Quoted from joestro78:

Stern will release a brand new Rolling Stones machine since people couldn't get enough of the last one.
    Pat Lawlor will design a Jerry "The King" Lawler pin since their names are similar. It will be awesome.

I vote for an Andy Kaufman wizard mode.

#55 11 years ago
    Quoted from gambit3113:

The same team from WOZ will work on Hobbit.

Who is going to create the artwork for the hobbit? Greg is gone.

Pappy

#56 11 years ago

I'll have 20+ pins on location in the 904 area code
    (8 as of the end of today with Doctor Who going to
    Young Lound and Snotty in Atlantic Beach FL
    www.YoungLoudandSnotty.net)

#57 11 years ago

Also: most females still won't like pinball (which doesn't really matter)...

#58 11 years ago
    Quoted from Napabar:

I'll give that there may be one before Star Trek that still uses LED DMD.....but it's going to happen in 2013....

Lol so when Gary told me the LCD would be years away...... what exactly was he saying???

#59 11 years ago
    Quoted from rancegt:

I vote for an Andy Kaufman wizard mode.

That would be the bash toy. Lawler dropping Kaufman on his head... And instead of a "Jackpot" quote, it would be "Finish him" from Mortal Kombat.
    This pin is gonna be big, so get your pre-orders in today!

#60 11 years ago
    Quoted from RGR:

Lol so when Gary told me the LCD would be years away...... what exactly was he saying???

Well, my cousin's brother's girlfriend's boyfriend's former roommate was Gary Stern, and he told me him it was going to happen in 2013.

#61 11 years ago

A titles will rise a bit more in price and stabilize. People will be selling some to make room for new games and buyers will rationalize for same price I'd rather have a classic A list game.

B titles will drop in price and stabilize. People will be selling some to make room for new games but buyers will prefer NIB thus forcing B titles back to prices two years ago.

Pinball Life will release a new version of the PinGulp that includes a beer opener and acually hands you a beer when you clap twice instead of having to bend over.

#62 11 years ago
    Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

So is it official ( to our best guess) that the next 2 pins are Metallica and Star Trek?

#63 11 years ago
    Quoted from Napabar:

Well, my cousin's brother's girlfriend's boyfriend's former roommate was Gary Stern, and he told me him it was going to happen in 2013.

lol well I wouldnt say that came from the horses mouth???? Lol I would have a bet with you, but l'll be nice and have you save your money.. I get the impression that you think I am talking shit and that I never spoke to Gary.. lol humour me and let me know if this is true..

#64 11 years ago
    Quoted from RGR:

lol well I wouldnt say that came from the horses mouth???? Lol I would have a bet with you, but l'll be nice and have you save your money.. I get the impression that you think I am talking shit and that I never spoke to Gary.. lol humour me and let me know if this is true..

Why would Gary let the cat out of the bag? If he announces that LCD's are right around the corner, it will hurt sales of existing machines, like the Avengers. Steve Jobs used to do the same thing. He would poo-poo concepts like a color screened iPod, only to release one on the next revision. He didn't want sales of the current gen-tech to get depressed while people waited for the the next best thing. Smart marketing.

#65 11 years ago
    Quoted from ronlisa:

So is it official ( to our best guess) that the next 2 pins are Metallica and Star Trek?

It seems like many that usually know what they are talking about are indicating those will be the next two with Metallica coming first and then LCD Star Trek. But nothing is certain until they are officially announced as always.

#66 11 years ago
    Quoted from Napabar:

Why would Gary let the cat out of the bag? If he announces that LCD's are right around the corner, it will hurt sales of existing machines, like the Avengers. Steve Jobs used to do the same thing. He would poo-poo concepts like a color screened iPod, only to release one on the next revision. He didn't want sales of the current gen-tech to get depressed while people waited for the the next best thing. Smart marketing.

Ok well he mentioned that he wanted to work on the boards first... Work on the game from inside out... The LCD is years away.... There are other things like magnetic rollover switches as well that he wants to implement but that again is some times away. I was surprised too when he told me but what can I say?? This is what he said... He also said the LCD would jack up the price $300-$500...

The issue is when was it announced by Stern that they would be releasing them after Avengers??? I think its just a rumour started on this forum...

#67 11 years ago
    Quoted from RGR:

Ok well he mentioned that he wanted to work on the boards first... Work on the game from inside out... The LCD is years away.... There are other things like magnetic rollover switches as well that he wants to implement but that again is some times away. I was surprised too when he told me but what can I say?? This is what he said... He also said the LCD would jack up the price $300-$500...
    The issue is when was it announced by Stern that they would be releasing them after Avengers??? I think its just a rumour started on this forum...

It hasn't been announced. That's my point. Gary is playing this close to his vest for marketing reasons. WOZ will be out by the time the next Stern pinball is released. It will no longer be vaporware. From a strictly competitive perspective, they have to start using an LCD (maybe not as big as WOZ) or else their product will look antiquated. 2013 will be a big year of change for Stern, including the new system board they beta tested on the Transformers "Pin". Competition is good. I feel Gary is up to the challenge. I am excited for 2013. It will be a good year that really starts a comeback of sorts for Pinball. We live in exciting times!

#68 11 years ago

2013 will last approximately 365 days and be followed by 2014. 51% of the people on the planet will be the slight majority. Pinball machines will sell for what buyers are willing to pay. Temperature will be the highest at the equator and have nothing to do with global warming. Rare Hero will continue to argue with anyone who steps up to the plate about TF code being done.

#69 11 years ago

Yeah well it is likely that Garys comment that there will not be LCDs for quite a while is more valid than the speculation that Stern will release an LCD after Avengers or sometime in 2013 to compete with WOZ.... Btw I played WOZ the other day and hell this is a good game....

#70 11 years ago
    Quoted from RGR:

Yeah well it is likely that Garys comment that there will not be LCDs for quite a while is more valid than the speculation that Stern will release an LCD to compete with WOZ.... Btw I played WOZ the other day and hell this is a good game....

I point you back to Steve Jobs' comments in 2003 that iPods don't need color screens.........

#71 11 years ago

Ok well.... We will wait and see... Also remember that WOZ was meant to be released ages ago.... Would Stern not already have released an LCD by now to compete??

#72 11 years ago

maybe stern knew it had plenty of time............

#73 11 years ago

If I was Stern I would not wait till people put their money down for WOZ, rather I would get that LCD out as fast as possible to get the sales... l'll put it out there now, says that Stern will not have LCDs by the time that the Hobbit comes out...

#74 11 years ago
    Quoted from pinstor12:

Stern is a veteran of Pinball. He knew damn well WOZ wasn't going to get out on time. You don't pull a pinball factory out of your ass.....

#75 11 years ago

I predict that JPOP's Magic Girl is going to make many people drool....

#76 11 years ago
    Quoted from PinballManiac40:

I predict that JPOP's Magic Girl is going to make many people drool....

sorta wish I was on that wagon. Anyone want a restored MM and cash for their magic girl spot?

#77 11 years ago

Last chance at predictions before the new year...

#78 11 years ago

In 2013, someone will call another collector greedy for selling a machine for "too much" money.

Another post will promise that the pinball "bubble" will burst soon.

Another poster will claim that MM is good, but not worth its price tag.

And finally, I will curse and yell as a pinball machine allows an unexplainable drain to end a very promising game!

Marcus

#79 11 years ago

Another pin prediction I have is that I will meet one or more of the following Pinsiders:

sd_tom

RobT

rarehero

NimblePin

fattrain

???????

#80 11 years ago

Avengers Le will become a New Top pin.

#81 11 years ago
    Quoted from coasterguy:

Avengers Le will become a New Top Pin.

Miss Cleo?

#82 11 years ago

I will beat the high score on my pins.

#83 11 years ago

WoZ will finally get delivered and become the most re sold pin of 2013...

#84 11 years ago
    Quoted from pinstor12:

Gary is not unfamiliar with what it takes to build a pinball company or what it needs to keep it running. I think Gary knew that Jack needed the time it has taken right now for building JJP.

I think the time Jack has taken so far is pretty normal for starting something this big. I only think Jack underestimated it, and has brought more trouble on himself then was needed with his intended timelines. I really don't blame him for that, i call that pure enthousiasme/passion for bringing a great new product to the pin masses.

And who hasn't done this himself here, one time or another? Let your enthousiasm get the better of you? And let your heart speak instead of your mind?

#85 11 years ago

Magic Girl will be stunning.

Stern's LE model starts to struggle as demands softens in response to unfinished codes and high prices and collectors hitting maximum capacity.

WOZ hits people's home and sets new standards for build quality but gameplay experience falls just short.

A titles - prices do not rise - flatline.

#86 11 years ago

WOZ will be amazing. Lots of people will eat their words, backpeddle, and admit how wrong they were.

Not one person who has slammed Jack about the delays and such will have the stones to start their own pinball company and show Jack "how it's really done".

Certain pinsiders will still continue to complain instead of being happy that 2013 will be the best year for pinball in a LONG time, with Stern/JJP/JPop/Skit-B/P3 and the Nemo guys.

#87 11 years ago
    Quoted from gambit3113:

Stern will release Metallica in April or May, Star Trek in September/October.
    JJP will start delivering WOZECLE to actual customers in April. It will go off fairly seamlessly.
    The same team from WOZ will work on Hobbit.
    Predator will be more like May or June.

Thought that Star Trek would come first in may as it would tie in to the movie release

#88 11 years ago
    Quoted from Shapeshifter:

high prices and collectors hitting maximum capacity.

I think this line of thought is very plausible. There are only so many collectors with the cash to keep backing this up.

I really think Stern can't keep cranking them out at 3 a year. Certainly when JJP is running full steam by then. 2 will be the new norm in a few years imo.

And Stern really can't keep rising these prices. I know that for me this is the limit i'm willing to go for buying them. Higher and i will stop buying them, or maybe one or so every 2 years. And i know for a fact i'm really not the only one here. So Stern really needs to tread careful here, if it doesn't want to shoot itself in the foot.

#89 11 years ago
    Quoted from goodgameslover:

I think this line of thought is very plausible. There are only so many collectors with the cash to keep backing this up.

I really think Stern can't keep cranking them out at 3 a year. Certainly when JJP is running full steam by then. 2 will be the new norm is a few years.

And Stern really can't keep rising these prices. I know that for me this is the limit i'm willing to go for buying them. Higher and i will stop buying them, or maybe one or so every 2 years. And i know for a fact i'm really not the only one here. So Stern really needs to tread careful here, if it doesn't want to shoot itself in the foot.

It seems like it keeps going but I too am pretty maxed out between space and the pricing. At this point an AFM in the summer and IM or Star Trek and that is it. I am officially 2 games over the agreed limit with the wife as of now anyway. Two more MIGHT be pushing it ; )

#90 11 years ago
    Quoted from goodgameslover:

I think the time Jack has taken so far is pretty normal for starting something this big. I only think Jack underestimated it, and has brought more trouble on himself then was needed with his intended timelines.

Part of this has been being dependent on others.

Look how many times WB was going to okay artwork and then we'd see it, only to have WB not come through.

And parts suppliers. Jack has now learned who comes through and who to avoid. That alone must have been a nightmare.

A lot of things like getting a building, making an assembly line. Went pretty good.

LTG : )

#91 11 years ago

WOZ will finally finished and delivered in 2013 with the first gaming hitting homes in August.

Stern will come out with some sort of surprise in one of their new titles which will be hit with mass approval followed by mass exodus as games are unfinished and people will move on to the next title.

There will be a massive JJP vs Stern fanboy battle which tears the pinball community apart. The 2 gangs will meet at Expo 2013 to fight it out with no real winners but the people standing by laughing at the carnage.

Yet another pinball company will come into play.......

#92 11 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

My long shot predictions.
    Someone very beloved in the industry will die in a horrendous assembly line accident and every game coming down the line after that will be painted red to commemorate his memory and not scare the assembly line workers next time.
    A famous designer will get a sex change, and start hitting on fellow designers and get fired. It will then go and live naked in the woods of Wisconsin.
    LTG : )

I have two guesses as to who that designer might be. One is an intractable drunk, the other appears a bit gender-confused. Hmm......

#93 11 years ago

I wouldn't buy a HULK pin, but I would pay a stupid amount for a DRUNK HULK pin (Google it).

#94 11 years ago

I predict at least 2 new issues of Pinball Magazine

#95 11 years ago
    Quoted from unigroove:

I predict at least 2 new issues of Pinball Magazine

Do you think you will get #2 out during the first quarter of 2013?

#96 11 years ago
    Quoted from txstargazer3:

Do you think you will get #2 out during the first quarter of 2013?

I'm doing my best. However, due to plans to be revealed at a later stage, January will not be a very productive month when it comes to Issue #2. I looked at planning Issue #2 to be out around MGC, but that would result in a February 1st deadline. With all the articles planned to be in that issue, and the January downtime in mind, that is just not very likely. Then again, if things go smoothly, who knows...

#97 11 years ago
    Quoted from unigroove:

but that would result in a February 1st deadline.

If you push your deadline out to the end of March, you can include the Texas Pinball Festival which is March 15-17. Gomez and Jersey Jack will be there among others.

#98 11 years ago

Dennis Nordman will be at TPF too.

#99 11 years ago
    Quoted from txstargazer3:

If you push your deadline out to the end of March, ...

I may then include MGC as well. However, it will take about 6 weeks to get all copy written, revised and the magazine printed. So then we're looking at mid to late May for issue 2... I was hoping to go to print at the end of February.

#100 11 years ago

Gary will eat his words again regarding next machine will have a LCD Screen,
    As It will be the same as the Codes are ATM with there games. Waiting Waiting Waiting! (Christmas - Ooo that has now passed - Darn )

Maybe 2014 we will see a pinball machine from stern with a LDC Screen
    and a Transformers updated code.

There are 106 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-predictions-for-2013/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.