3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by sheahan2
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 3 years ago

So I have a few playfields that are disgustingly dirty. Just got finished with depopulating one of them and after working on it my hands need a break. I was curious if anybody had any recommendations on hand protection? What other types of PPE would everyone recommend?

#2 3 years ago

Years ago when I shopped games for a living I tried wearing gloves. It slowed me down significantly and I’d drop screws and stuff a lot more often. Plus a lot of sharp edges to catch on and rip a hole.

#3 3 years ago

Unless it's a total toxic waste platter - in which case you should probably burn it with fire anyway - just throw on a mask. I'm sure you have plenty around these days.

I'm finding masks aren't always annoying. I may never go into a public restroom again without a mask, seems to work pretty well for me.

#4 3 years ago

I use working hands lotion on my hands before I start working. Not only does it help with the wear and tear it keeps some of the dirt out of the grooves and makes them cleaner after I wash them

#5 3 years ago

No need to wear gloves. Toughen those hands up.

#6 3 years ago

So these playfields have water damage on the back and in the holes, however the art is absolutely perfect on them. I use working hands lotion too, and love the stuff, wife got it for me! Highly recommended!

Thanks for the feedback guys! Dexterity is a must so I am going to continue working without gloves. Mask, tried it and it does help, definitely a must when working with chemicals. Mine has two filter types, gas and particulate. With the gas one, it works so well that I cant smell anything.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.