Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 53 posts
  • 26 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Marten
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image_22149 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider vid1900.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6 11 years ago
    Quoted from J85M:

But don't LEDs like cointakers supers and ultras use as much of not more than incandescents? I remember someone saying their ultras have the same or more draw than incandescents.

There are a few LEDs that get hot (usually they have 5 or so chips on them), but you don't really want a bunch of super bright LEDs on most games.

You might need supers for the pop bumpers because the replacement bodies are not as translucent as the ones you may have taken out. You might need a super in the dark corner of a game like WH2O (and a blue super at that).

For inserts, the cheap .35 cent ones from pinball life are great.

For the backbox not to look totally washed out, the Warm Whites from Cointaker are really nice. They are pretty bright, so you might skip a few sockets.

#17 11 years ago
    Quoted from DrainO:

I was looking at these. The Getaway I have already had LED in the GI, and I was considering going this route for the inserts and controlled lamps. Any reason not to, or should I just stick with the kit from CT?

It can save you money doing your own.

#21 11 years ago
    Quoted from J85M:

As For those cheap leds you mention using in inserts, don't those cheap .35 cent LEDs from pinball life ghost and strobe in inserts though?

I don't see them ghosting, but you can't use them as GI in some games that have the strobe light effect (like WH2O).

I was using the .35 cent LEDs in all the inserts and incandescents for the GI, but lately I've been using the Premium 2 LED, NON-GHOSTING LEDs from CT and they don't strobe in GI. The heads break off on these all the time, so have some crazy glue on hand:

http://shop.cointaker.com/category.sc;jsessionid=33FF4D582627F4C91A0BC3D4F214309F.qscstrfrnt01?categoryId=193

The Premium 2 LED, NON-GHOSTING are too bright for inserts, better to just use the cheap ones for that.

#31 11 years ago
    Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

He ain't kidding about the heads breaking off.

I had a bunch break in shipping, and a bunch more snap off during install.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider vid1900.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-power-consumption?tu=vid1900 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.