Topic poll

“Which pin is thMASTER LUKE I SUGGEST YOU GET THE EXTRA BALL”

• Star Wars 5 votes
    56%
  • The Adventures of Rocky & Bullwinkle & Friends 4 votes
    44%

(9 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

#1 10 years ago

Today on Pinball Poll, we take a look at two Data East machines. One has became rather popular as of late due to the recent 20th Anniversary code update released exclusively by Stern, and another has been popular because of the series it was based on. So, we now direct your view towards:

Star Wars and Adventures of Rocky & Bullwinkle!

- Star Wars 2012 Code: In 1992, Data East released Star Wars. In terms of production, Star Wars was practically their rendition of The Addams Family; it featured a well known theme, original character voiceovers, and many other similarities. The object of the game in the previous code was focused on starting modes from the movie - including destroying AT-ATs, chasing R2-D2, and even entering the Cantina Band's room. However, ramp scoring fed off all the other scoring in the game - really skillful players could get 42 million points by shooting the ramp 42 times. Many players then dismissed the game because of the major flaw. However, to commemorate the 20th anniversary of Data East's top seller, Stern released the first new code rendition in 20 years for the machine. This included not only evening out of ramp scoring and the new huge goal - collecting the Double Jackpot in Tri-Ball - but many other new features were included, like a new ball-save feature. The new code garnered much more attention towards the game, and it's now considered a Star Wars fan's dream.

- The Adventures of Rocky & Bullwinkle & Friends: "Winner" of the longest-title-in-any-pinball-machine-in-the-history-of-forever award, R&B was inspired by the classic cartoon series by Jay Ward - and let me tell ya, theme was certainly well integrated here. There are about 10 modes total - WABAC machine awards, Hat Tricks, and Puzzles included - but they just added to lots of depth with Tri-Ball and pinball's first ever Super Jackpot! This machine arrived immediately after the original Star Wars and, in my opinion, really started Data East's rise to pinball fame as Stern - the 3 machines released later, including Jurassic Park and Tales from the Crypt, really advanced the pinball company towards greener pastures. Sure, "wrong hat" might get annoying once in a while... but at least it isn't lyrics in a rap.

What is your favorite pin listed here? Be sure to vote!

#2 10 years ago

R&B is the only game I regret selling.

#3 10 years ago

Never played R&B but I love my Star Wars.

2 weeks later
#4 10 years ago

R&B for me. And "wrong hat" only happens once per hit if you keep up with your target maintenance like keeping the switches gapped and the heads padded properly.

#5 10 years ago

Gameplay award goes to R&B
Theme award goes to SW

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Hardware
Filament Printing

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

€ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 18.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
Filament Printing

Machine - For Sale
Denver, CO
$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.00
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 17.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-poll-star-wars-2012-code-vs-adventures-of-rb and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.