(Topic ID: 266636)

Pinball Poker? Poker Time? Undecided poker themed homebrew...

By zacaj

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

• Poker Zachary Frey, 2021

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tjw998.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#46 3 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

Sadly I couldn't find any cheap sources of stranded wire online, so I came up with this. Tried it first with a regular sharpie, but the ink would rub off quickly, so I got some oil based ones, which seem to stay on the wire well once they dry. Stick a marker in the top, pull your wire through the side, and you'll get a messy but usable stripe.

You should consider posting this in the "Show and Tell" thread about homemade tools - https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/show-and-tell-your-diy-homemade-tools

I think a lot of people there would find this interesting. I certainly never thought of this.

1 month later
#118 3 years ago

For non circular cutouts, you could 3D print a template for a router with a bushing in it. Then you can get rear creative with shapes and they are repeatable.

4 months later
#184 3 years ago
Quoted from Fifty:

This will work. Expensive, but I ended up using it all the time on other projects. It'll do the charm.

For some reason step bits are expensive anywhere that isn't Harbor Freight.

2 months later
#203 3 years ago

I am assuming that you will be cnc'ing your future playfields and the plastic on the same machine. You should add in some registration holes. Maybe down under the apron and then near the top in a place where they wont be seen. Use the same diameter holes in the wood and in the plastic, say 1/4". Then use 1/4" pegs (router bits, dowels, drill bits, ect) to go through both sets of holes to help align everything.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tjw998.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-poker-poker-time-undecided-poker-themed-homebrew?tu=tjw998 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.