(Topic ID: 266636)

Pinball Poker? Poker Time? Undecided poker themed homebrew...

By zacaj

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

• Poker Zachary Frey, 2021

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider BorgDog.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5 4 years ago

looking cool, be interesting to see how you work the poker hands. I am working on a cribbage themed homebrew where the scoring is cribbage hand based, banks of drops for hands as well as some rollovers for the smaller banks, also with a roto-target for the turn card.

I too printed out at staples, I just taped mine on then used a small drill bit just to mark all the center locations then removed the paper to do the actually drilling and routing.

I really liked your mini flipper ball save idea, but understand the slope issue. how about moving the mini flipper down to under the apron near the center so it would shoot back up between the flippers? hope that makes sense. make it only active for a couple seconds after a outlane drain if qualified or whatever.

#28 4 years ago

interesting solution. did you try one of the gottlieb or williams reset coils in the bally mech? don't know if they physically fit but might have been a easier solution.

#35 4 years ago

cool gate, you going to make that controllable so you can block of the inner lane as well?

1 week later
#72 3 years ago

nice progress.

1 year later
#268 2 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

While out shopping, I saw a Cri-Cut for sale, and thought "that would be handy to cut some stencils!". But then I thought: "wait, why do I need stencils? what if I just cut the art out of vinyl directly?" So I grabbed a roll of 'removable' adhesive vinyl from the supply area and tried it out on the cab. It looked fine, and seemed to peel back off without damaging the webbing, so that sounded good. Except I didn't want to drop $300 on a cricut. So I bought a $10 'drag knife' vinyl cutter attachment and hooked it up to my CNC router instead [quoted image]
Took a few tries to get everything adjusted properly and figure out a workflow, but once I worked out the kinks it worked quite well. [quoted image]
Hand positioning and applying them to the cabinet also took some trial and error, but no major issues[quoted image]
As always, learning that even a tiny bit of art goes a long way. I'm not going to win any awards here but it's turned out pretty solid despite my zero art skills

bloody brilliant! I should have bought a cnc router instead of a vinyl cutter.

Nice work, cab looks great!

1 month later
#275 2 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

It's the reverse sadly. The display shows a card until you hit it, then you "collect" the card and the screen goes blank

You could have it show the back of the card after you hit it, like you turned it over, even do a flip it over animation if you wanted to get fancy. could use the same image as on the targets.

1 month later
#287 2 years ago

I'm thinking of copying your tiny displays idea in the playfield for an upcoming project, anything you would do different on that? words of wisdom?

#289 2 years ago

thanks. if I ever get to that point I'll hit you up, still early planning stages. I see there are some small RGB OLED ones out there, a bit more money than the tft but I might give them a try.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider BorgDog.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-poker-poker-time-undecided-poker-themed-homebrew?tu=BorgDog and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.