(Topic ID: 50050)

Pinball Podcasts rankings and a little critique.small update.

By starbase

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 102 posts
  • 50 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by dtown
  • Topic is favorited by 9 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sparky.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#18 10 years ago

I like listening to all the pinball/gameroom podcasts. The more the better! It's great to discover one a little late, and then have 20, 30, or 40 podcasts to catch up on!

My favorite non-pinball podcasts are all on Kevin Smith's Smodco.com: Smodcast, Fatman on Batman, and Tell 'em Steve Dave (TESD).

Pinball needs a podcast more like TESD. These guys never seem to be talking to the audience. It's the most natural, uncensored, and entertaining podcast I've listened to. Ben Heck and Jason Jones come the closest to this type of format, but I don't think they've had a podcast in over a year (I could be wrong).

I'll admit, I've daydreamed about having my own podcast, and I'd love to just sit for an hour with someone and just talk about pinball. We wouldn't worry about the latest news, the latest products, the latest machine, interviews, contests, tech or restoration tips, special segments, or in the field recording. We would just go where the conversation takes us.

#21 10 years ago
    Quoted from NoCashValue:

Hey guys. Preston from the Gameroom Junkies Podcast here. Thanks for all the kind words. Glad to be at or near the top of some of your lists. If you've never listened to our podcast, I really recommend listening to some of the newer ones, as our early ones make me cringe. I realize that we may not be for everybody as we do try to have equal parts pins/vids/gameroom, but have been dipping into the pinball pool more lately (case-in-point: Episode 26 with my Pinburgh experience, interview with Josh Sharpe, etc: http://gameroomjunkies.com/index.php/2013/04/25/podcast-episode-26-pinball-fever-the-arcade-experience/ )
    I really wish that we could produce episodes more quickly, but like others have said, it's just for fun and family and work come first. We try to get one out every month so check us out if you haven't yet. Thanks!

Thanks for the podcasts! Keep doing what you do!

#23 10 years ago
    Quoted from jar155:

Awesome feedback, guys! Don and I are always hoping to make the show better. I know our flow is a little funky, but that's mostly because I'm terrible at pre-planning things and I've been pretty lazy about post production.
    I keep saying that it will get better in those regards, so it's time to suck it up and do it.
    More feedback, be it positive or negative...it really helps.

Don't suck it up. Continue with no pre-planning. Like I mentioned in a previous post, two guys talking about pinball and letting the conversation go where is goes is best.

Thanks!

#27 10 years ago
    Quoted from Doc:

FWIW, I really miss TOPcast...the interview with Python was ...well....interesting. Anyone know where to download them?
    Doc

http://www.pinrepair.com/topcast/past.php

#48 10 years ago
    Quoted from VDrums2112:

One of the funniest TOPcast episodes was when Clay was interviewing some lady that did pinball art. Don't remember what episode # or her name for that matter... Anyway... Clay had all these questions for her and she would give 1 or 2 words answers at best. Didn't elaborate on anything she was asked. I felt so bad for Clay because you could tell he was really stuggleing trying to keep things flowing and just trying to get this woman to TALK, but at the same time I was cracking up laughing everytime she would give a 1 word answer. Towards the end of the interview I was almost in tears laughing so hard... And I've listened to the Python interview 3 times now! The best pinball interview of all time!!!
    -Steve Ridge
    Louisville, KY

#46 Margaret Hudson. That was painful I remember thinking the same thing!

Python mentioned the Ayn Rand novel The Fountainhead so many times, I actually read it AND watched the film starring Gary Cooper! When he was talking in the interview, it didn't make a lot of sense, but after reading the book and watching the movie, I fully understand the point he was trying to make.

Another funny one was with voice actor Fred Young #59. Fred kept asking Clay if he wanted to hear certain impersonations, and Clay would say yes, but Fred would keep asking like he wanted Clay to beg with enthusiasum:

"You want to hear Homer Simpson?"
    "Sure."
    "You really want to hear Homer?"
    "Yes."
    "Yeah, you want to hear Homer, don't ya. Ok, I'll show you Homer. You really want to hear him?"
    "Yes."

3 weeks later
    #78 10 years ago
    Quoted from toyotaboy:

gameroom junkies was top notch this month. Lots of great interviews, including the guy that did the demoman Pin2k conversion. Loved the guy that bought the 27,000 tokens to use as tile for his gameroom.

I agree! This was one of their best! Three great interviews with guys that had a passion you could hear in their voices! The guy with the token tiles had a TON of game room tips that I thought were very original and interesting. Great job, Gameroom Junkies!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sparky.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-podcasts-rankings-and-a-little-critique?tu=sparky and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.