Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 21 posts
  • 20 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by sed6
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
    #1 9 years ago

Does anyone have any habits or superstitions when it comes to playing pinball? Similar to baseball players and doing/or not doing certain things during the game. I no longer shout out "hey look how good I'm doing!" because it was always a guaranteed drain within 3 seconds.

#3 9 years ago

Wiping off my hands on my pants every chance I get. Ball lock? Wipe hands. Mystery award? Wipe pants. Long ramp? Wipe hands. Ball caught on one flipper and deciding how to proceed? Wipe the other hand.

#4 9 years ago

image.jpgimage.jpg

#5 9 years ago

I have to stand , and I do the pants wipe thing too . I just can't sit and play pin .

#6 9 years ago
    Quoted from tomdotcom:

image.jpg 129 KB

So, do you just hold this prior to the game for good luck?

#8 9 years ago

Sometimes while multiball is starting I have a good blink or shut my eyes real hard. When I was a kid I had a tic that made me always feel that my eyes just couldn't blink hard enough.

#9 9 years ago

I drink a Dr.Pepper then chew watermellon bubble gum before pinball shows

#10 9 years ago

I seem to always wait until I see the gc score before I hit the start button.

#11 9 years ago

I always have to play the match. I feel like its bad luck to let the free game go. Even on free play machines.

#12 9 years ago

Whenever I purchase a game I put a part of my lower body in the coin return. To this day only 5 games have gotten "the business".

#13 9 years ago

inspect the PF see what Im working with also push the start button to see if theres a noise/call out or partial credit, free game.

#14 9 years ago
    Quoted from dantebean:

Whenever I purchase a game I put a part of my lower body in the coin return. To this day only 5 games have gotten "the business".

Any potential future customers please bookmark this and bring multiple forms of hand sanitizers upon inspection of the machines haha

#15 9 years ago

I don't do it during regular playing but during tournaments I have to pull up my socks. Do it in between balls or in long breaks in the game. Do this when bowling too for some reason.

#16 9 years ago

after a locked ball/first ball of the game I always give the shooter rod three clockwise spins.

you know - a little "how do you do" if you get my drift.

#17 9 years ago

One might catch me doing a little Jig, after getting the super jackpot, or hard fought extra ball...It embaresses the wife!

#18 9 years ago

Actively manage nutrients. It is important to control what I put into my body because the fuel source must must remain pure. On day of competition I will only eat white bread with two types of lunch meat, two types of cheese and Shasta...lots of Shasta. One of the meats must be bolgna. Think I copied this from my personal coach and mentor.

1 month later
    #19 9 years ago
    Quoted from Robotoes:

after a locked ball/first ball of the game I always give the shooter rod three clockwise spins.
    you know - a little "how do you do" if you get my drift.

I do that too!

#21 9 years ago

I don't plunge the ball per se, instead I smack the shooter rod with my palm toward the pin. Pins with a button, a trigger, or fancy character face mod automatically get a small minus in the likeability column.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-playing-habitsritualssuperstitions and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.