New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 55038)

Pinball Players near St. Charles, IL

By dj_xwing

7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 23 posts
  • 14 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by nutshell79
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 7 years ago

Fairly new to the hobby...been in it just over a year now & have built up a decent collection. Not ready to start joining leagues or tournaments but would like to find a small group of casual players in the area that also have collections interested in playing & hosting...or if you already have something started & would like another participant/host let me know as well. Thanks

#3 7 years ago

I take it you're a member...most of the members in the W/NW suburbs? Good group of guys?

#5 7 years ago

looks pretty cool, I might also be interested in that, but I'm more up north, Fox Lake area. Not sure if that matters.

#6 7 years ago
    Quoted from dj_xwing:

I take it you're a member

He is the founder its a small group very casual we try to meet monthly (hard to do) everybody is very cool with a wide range of playing skills I would like to see some new blood personally

#7 7 years ago

just pinged him back...i'm interested...willing to host as well

#8 7 years ago
    Quoted from scollins918:

looks pretty cool, I might also be interested in that, but I'm more up north, Fox Lake area. Not sure if that matters

No it doesn't. We have members spread out all over chicagoland. Most of us have no qualms about driving an hour to someone's house or public location once a month (and we do try to carpool whenever possible). Send me an email on the site.

#9 7 years ago

You never let me join proably seeing as I have no pins right now besides tiny models you can't play. I have a small electronic hulk machine haha

#10 7 years ago

I am in Plainfield not to far from you. We have small get together's with a few pinsiders.

#11 7 years ago
    Quoted from ssbodyman:

bunch of ass holes

Plus we drink all your beer and talk your ear off during your turn on the machine.

ok, maybe I'm just the only one........

#12 7 years ago

DJ...we've met...hoping to host something relatively soon. Need to get all my darn pins working at once. Is that possible?

Did you sell/trade the WCS?

#13 7 years ago

Hey all. I'm around the STC area as well. Generally a pretty hectic schedule, but try to get out when I can.

It's probably my turn to host I'm sure....

#14 7 years ago

Hey John,

Yep...know you had mentioned you have get togethers...definitely interested since you're only about 15-20 min from my place...you'll never get them all working at once...it's pinball

Did sell the WCS...ended up getting a BSD & more recently a Dirty Harry...trying to get the DH working now!

I'm willing to host as well...let me know

#15 7 years ago
    Quoted from Goonie:

Hey all. I'm around the STC area as well. Generally a pretty hectic schedule, but try to get out when I can.
    It's probably my turn to host I'm sure....

Rent-a-cop

#16 7 years ago

My in-laws live in St. Charles so we are up that way all the time. I'm just a little further down the river.

#17 7 years ago

Cubs suck

#18 7 years ago
    Quoted from dj_xwing:

Hey John,
    Yep...know you had mentioned you have get togethers...definitely interested since you're only about 15-20 min from my place...you'll never get them all working at once...it's pinball
    Did sell the WCS...ended up getting a BSD & more recently a Dirty Harry...trying to get the DH working now!
    I'm willing to host as well...let me know

Wow...nice that you got the BSD! I'd love to give the DH a try once you get it going. I've heard good things about it.

#19 7 years ago
    Quoted from jk2171:

Wow...nice that you got the BSD! I'd love to give the DH a try once you get it going. I've heard good things about it.

It's in pieces right now...but the gun is working again...putting all new rubbers on & installing LEDs...will be ready to go by next week

BSD rocks...I understand why you didn't want to move yours!

#20 7 years ago

Out in DeKalb, not to far out from you. I'm part of IPC and also get together with a few of the guys that have posted in the thread on occasion.

#21 7 years ago

Ha! No soup for you this year!

#22 7 years ago

I have a small club near STCharles...just 1 member so far...Jpop

#23 7 years ago
    Quoted from jpop:

I have a small club near STCharles...just 1 member so far...Jpop

Are you looking for new members?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 49.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 12.00
    Electronics
    Yorktown Arcade Supply
    $ 52.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 5,899.99
    Pinball Machine
    Music City Pinball
    $ 35.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Pinball Haus
    $ 22.00
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 24.00
    Playfield - Other
    Pin Monk
    $ 5.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Doc's Pinball Shop
    $ 26.50
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 5,899.00
    Pinball Machine
    Little Shop Of Games
    $ 229.00
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    $ 399.95
    Lighting - Led
    Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
    $ 20.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Flashinstinct
    $ 199.99
    Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
    FlyLand Designs
    Apparel - Unisex
    Pinball Wheezer
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    Playfield - Other
    Rocket City Pinball
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 95.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    M&M Mods
    Cabinet - Other
    Filament Printing
    $ 109.99
    $ 5.00
    Cabinet - Other
    UpKick Pinball
    € 95.00
    Lighting - Led
    FlipperLED
    $ 28.00
    Lighting - Led
    Arcade Upkeep
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 7,700.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    The Flipper Room
    Cabinet Parts
    Troxel Repair
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    pinballmod
    $ 18.95
    $ 1,099.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside