Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 58 posts
  • 51 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 years ago by mhs
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

PLH2.jpg

There are 58 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 12 years ago

What are your goals pinball related for this year? Mine are... 1. Finish High Speed restore with tatman 2. Do a restore on my Taxi 3. Shop out my Whirlwind and possible clear it 4. Buy at least one pin off my long wish list. I'm sure more will pop up though the year.

#2 12 years ago

Buy one pin either SM or MB(to start a restoration).Scott

#3 12 years ago

Downsize and work on making my keepers perfect and pimping them out

#4 12 years ago

Get a "finalized" three pin setup. I'm not sure any of my pins are definite keepers, yet.

Maybe a NIB JJP if Nordman designs one and if WOZ proves to be high quality.

#5 12 years ago

1 - Finish JM with the EL wire added to the ramps
    2 - Shop out TS again, and do a better job fixing the pf wear at the sanctum, maybe send it out for cc too. Also, install mirror blades and maybe do some lighting mods.
    3 - Shop out IJ and install new cab decals. Also, add mirror blades or side art and the lost plastic.
    4 - Maybe in time for expo have the chance to get another game to work on

#6 12 years ago

Purchase TFLE, Enjoy WOZ, purchase MB, Tron LE and BBB.... That should be enough quality pins to keep me smiling for many years.

#7 12 years ago

Shop out TZ, get new PF in the Funhouse I'm picking up Sunday, replace PF in CV if IPB actually produces it. Get ahold of an MM or AFM at some point.

#8 12 years ago

Build a mobile version of Pinside.com

#9 12 years ago

Buy LOTR, add several mods to my games, buy stand up arcade classic game, brew more fabulous beer, knock off my father-in-laws scores, and meet more Pinsiders.................oh and go to T_G golf/pinball outing.

#10 12 years ago

1. Find another location to operate more pins
    2. Find an IJ 93'
    3. Find a barn/warehouse full of pins that need rescuing
    4. Send one of our local pinball association members to PAPA World's
    5. Hit up T_G's golf/pinball/poker weekend
    6. Have a pin shipped up from the states to determine future cost considerations (see #2 above)

#11 12 years ago

Learn backglass restoration and buy a project EM pin to restore.

#12 12 years ago

Find a SS or EM project pin to touch up and clear coat and otherwise restore.

#13 12 years ago

My new years resolution was to:

1. Get a HUO IM Pro with Shaker and Flipper Fidelity system
    2. Install a Pinball Pro speaker system in TZ
    3. Shop less pinball machines and play more.
    4. Smoke more beer

So far, the IM has been taken care of.... NIB headed my way right now
    Shaker has already shipped from PBL, Flipper Fidelity system ships today.

I am shopping a Whirlwind right now, but I plan on cooling it for a while after that one. Hopefully the NIB IM won't need to be shopped right away. All I will need to do to it is convert it from NIB to HUO, install shaker and speaker system, and protective magnet mylars, and pincabs before play.

Already been smoking tons of beer!

Guess all I need now is the speaker system for TZ and I can focus on just smoking beer and playing pinball the rest of the year!!!

#14 12 years ago

Working a restore and mods for a Scared Stiff I am adding to my collection. I have room for 2 more pins. One more NIB Stern (depending on the theme) and JJP 2 (depending on the theme), but JJP2 will be 2013 at the earliest.

#15 12 years ago

1. Complete Restoration on LAH
    2. Find a Haunted House working or not
    3. Go to more meet-ups, or any for that matter (probably will only get harder as i have my first kid due next month)

#16 12 years ago

get better at playing pinball. so far, i feel like i'm making some progress on that.

#17 12 years ago

Get to Valinor on LOTR. Play in IFPA world champs in Seattle and not finish last. Look forward to playing in numerous IFPA comps in AU. Play WOZ and hope that this will revive pinball...

#18 12 years ago

Downsize - 1/2 way there

Restore my BK

Shop my MSF

Fix the TFTC I'm getting

Play my new TSPP

#19 12 years ago

I plan on saving up for another DMD. My wife pregers and due on June first. I think she would flip if I brought home another machine anytime soon (not that I could afford a DMD right now anyways). So I'll be keeping my small collection in tiptop shape and will continue to save my $$$.

#20 12 years ago

To own a totan and a cv!

#21 12 years ago

Bring my Flash Gordon back up to super strong play, new sound board, new flasher, new drops, and replace flipper coil sleeves. Also add a late era EM to the collection.

#22 12 years ago

Clean up FT (add more LEDs)
    Repairs on T2 (add more LEDs)
    Clean up LOTR
    Repairs on No Fear (add more LEDs)(put on location)

#23 12 years ago

Start making money again! then I would like to get a good condition SWE1 and a WOZ or wait and see If Stern makes a LCD pin when they come out with there new operating system,Maybe Steve and Lyman's next pin as acdc theme is NOT for me.SR is my favorite designer-just look at my 2 pins!

#24 12 years ago
    Quoted from scooter:

Start making money again

second that.

going to do my DH pf swap..excited for that.
    sell a pin or 3 in order for some newer ones

play more tourneys!!!!!

#25 12 years ago

I plan to finish my Firepower "Players" restoration. then MAYBE get a new dmd Machine. I really want a shadow.

#26 12 years ago

1) Firepower playfield swap - brand new CPR playfield should be delivered very soon.
    2) Flipper re-build and complete shop of Firepower (during playfield swap).
    3) Mirror blades and shaker motor for Avatar.
    4) Continue looking for Paragon playfield in excellent condition.
    5) Figure out how I can squeeze more than 4 pins in my house.

#27 12 years ago

I already accomplished a few of my big goals over the holidays, but still have lots to do..

Sky Jump needs cleaning and to swap a bunch of new playfield parts. It'll never be purdy, but I'll make a good player out of it yet..

Aloha needs a good clean/wax/rubber

CSI needs a cleaning and white rubber + colored post sleeve conversion. Lots of black on the playfield from the rubber and I'm guessing mostly from the centrifuge disk. I'll change the rubber white, but not sure I can do anything about what the ball picks up off of that disk. I really should get going on this one since I want it shiny for MGC!

Black Knight needs to have the GI gone through. I'm building up too much heat at the connector to the point of having solder melt and fuses blow. Not good, so it's dark for now until I can start going through sockets and figure out what's wrong.

Whirlwind needs a full tear-down shop job. Previous owner kept it pretty clean, but you can tell never tore it all the way down to the wood to deep clean. I'd also like to fix up the cabinet a little bit. It has started to split at a corner. It was patched up, but could use better.

Stingray could use a good playfield scrubbing and wax.

I'd like to finally tweak Pinbot's skill shot spiral once and for all so I can make it to the top again. That thing is infuriating!

High Speed could use a few tweaks to make it play faster. Rebuild the hideout ejects especially as they are a bit slow. Would also like to coax a little more power out of the right flipper since it can't always make the orbit cleanly. The left makes it fast and easy, so something needs tweaking.

So a bunch of minor stuff really. A few simple shop jobs and some tweaks. I am thankful that my major shop jobs (STTNG, JD) are already done!

Not directly related to my pins, but hobby related non-the-less I need to build a stair lift system to help keep from killing myself moving these things in and out! I was going to buy an Escalera, but I don't think budget will allow for it this year, and I hate to spend that much money that could go for more pins! I already made a very rough ramp and ratchet strap winch setup that worked ok, but could use a lot of improvement. I have ideas for an electric hoist set-up that should make it a breeze. I just need a safe yet easy to set-up and store framework that will fit where I need it, which is the challenge.

I also need to get a trailer hitch on my Jeep. I'd like to buy a small trailer, but again it's a lot of money, especially for an enclosed one. Either way, I need to either be able to buy or at least rent a trailer so I can bring multiple pins to MGC instead of just one!

Boy...the more I think about what I all want/need to get accomplished before MGC gets here, the more I better get my butt moving! Those 2 months are going to fly by on me...

#28 12 years ago

Saving up for another pin, probably a JP or SW, and after I buy the second pin, I'll have to cool down on pin buying.

#29 12 years ago

Get Tz enough said lol !!!!

#30 12 years ago

I want to create world peace and end hunger.

Oh pinball plans? Secrets....I am tired of boring you all with my wavering attitude toward titles.

#31 12 years ago
    Quoted from kwiKimart:

and after I buy the second pin, I'll have to cool down on pin buying.

That's what we all say kwiki.

I am hoping to be completely done with my SM mods/upgrades. Then move on to see which pin I should get next. I am hoping to get a JM or for a decent price then I can keep my other two and not have to sell anything. We will see how that works out.

#32 12 years ago
    Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

I am hoping to be completely done with my SM mods/upgrades.

Hey Dude what all did you mod on SM?

#33 12 years ago

1. Finish code for "Lost" pinball.
    2. Buy a house so I can have more pins.
    3. Set money aside for JJP#3. It's gonna rock!
    4. Reclaim GC on LOTR and Tron.
    5. Pick up a TOTAN. Maybe...

Quoted from scooter:

Indeed. Inquiring minds want to know!

#34 12 years ago

1. Shop Austin Powers Game (reference game)
    2. Build Custom Cabinet for "Hellraiser" pinball
    3. Build "Test" Playfield for "Hellraiser"
    4. Plan out full size playfield for "Hellraiser"
    5. Learn the pinball scripting language.
    6. Sell Austin Powers Game later in the year.
    5. Somewhere in there, acquire BOP, TZ and TAF.

#35 12 years ago

Build a custom cabinet or two
    Find a girl that like pinball and sex
    Figure out a way to be rich enough to be able to afford a pin that costs over 2k

#36 12 years ago

Full fit out from garage to gameroom and add 1-2 of these 3 pins..Scared Stiff,White Water or Fish Tales

#37 12 years ago
    Quoted from scooter:

Well here goes. From usual web protectors/plastic protectors to the alternate (not back alley) spidey masked sling plastics, colored webbies, mirror blades, color changing backbox (big difference maker), all bulbs to LEDs (best conversion I have done to date), left all trim black (as I prefer that over chrome ascetically with this pin) put in black bolts on legs, shaker motor, 4 added figures to playfield, painted doc oc tips a shiny chrome color so it pops, changed all lane guides to red, put two bumper pads in one to prevent doc oc kick out on a solid shot and one near rear diverter to prevent ball from bouncing all the way through when it is supposed to lock, chrome spider man symbols on speaker covers, chrome vinyl decal on sides where back box attaches to cab, target decals, custom instruction cards, red DMD cover. Probably more but just can't think of it all. Friends and I really love how it has turned out still deciding on whether or not to do the lighted flipper buttons and under cab lighting. It's kind of crazy how much time and money I put into it but it is my holly grail of pinball so I just could not resist.

#38 12 years ago
    Quoted from jarjarisgod:

4. Reclaim GC on LOTR and Tron.

you haven't done that yet?

#39 12 years ago

Finish Flash Gordon! Man, this had been an on again and off again project for over a year that keeps getting pushed back. Ive got it stripped down and ready to sand the cab but just cant seem to get myself to start sanding. I wont take another project until this one is done and I really want to tear down TAF and give it some love. Thankfully all my pins play well, but I keep walking past Mr. Gordon in pieces and shaking my head.

#40 12 years ago

1) Finish Paragon restoration
    2) Start and finish Strikes and Spares (Bally) restoration for my brother
    3) Start and finish Lady Robin Hood restoration
    4) Build a MAME cabinet
    5) Continue the search for the next pin

#41 12 years ago

1. fix my EM soccer game- DONE!
    2. Swap my SC playfield, started this week
    3.Install new decals on my CV cab head

#42 12 years ago

Finish collecting new 6 pack.
    MM TZ TF IM TRON WOZ

#43 12 years ago

1. Finish my game room on main floor so I don't have to lug the things up a flight of stairs, running out of freinds willing to help.

2. Work up the nerve to tear down SW fix the two messed up holes and then CC the play field.

3. Find more pins once I get the room finished.

#44 12 years ago
    Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

Well here goes. From usual web protectors/plastic protectors to the alternate (not back alley) spidey masked sling plastics, colored webbies, mirror blades, color changing backbox (big difference maker), all bulbs to LEDs (best conversion I have done to date), left all trim black (as I prefer that over chrome ascetically with this pin) put in black bolts on legs, shaker motor, 4 added figures to playfield, painted doc oc tips a shiny chrome color so it pops, changed all lane guides to red, put two bumper pads in one to prevent doc oc kick out on a solid shot and one near rear diverter to prevent ball from bouncing all the way through when it is supposed to lock, chrome spider man symbols on speaker covers, chrome vinyl decal on sides where back box attaches to cab, target decals, custom instruction cards, red DMD cover. Probably more but just can't think of it all. Friends and I really love how it has turned out still deciding on whether or not to do the lighted flipper buttons and under cab lighting. It's kind of crazy how much time and money I put into it but it is my holly grail of pinball so I just could not resist.

Sounds cool dude!

#45 12 years ago

Pintucky and I definitely have some WOZ LE top-down gameplay footage planned in full 1080p with a direct sound feed and high res shot of the LCD. If this works well enough I will submit it to the PAPA video archive.

#46 12 years ago
    Quoted from Winball_Pizard:

Find a SS or EM project pin to touch up and clear coat and otherwise restore.

let me know when youre ready for that one,. I am always coming across cheap project ems. (As my garage can testify to.) and im in Austin also

#47 12 years ago

1) Find a TAF and TSPP

2) Sell whatever I need to sell to fund #1

#48 12 years ago
    Quoted from way2wyrd:

Winball_Pizard said:Find a SS or EM project pin to touch up and clear coat and otherwise restore.
    let me know when youre ready for that one,. I am always coming across cheap project ems. (As my garage can testify to.) and im in Austin also

Right on!

#49 12 years ago

Make it to the Texas Pinball Festival and find a way to pick up a NIB WOZ.

#50 12 years ago

Win the lottery and find a different hobby

There are 58 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-plansprojectsgoals-for-2012 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.