(Topic ID: 175694)

Pinball plans for 2017 - what are you doing?

By TimeBandit

2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 39 posts
  • 38 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by BigWilly_Arcade
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

thU69JMI2U (resized).jpg

#1 2 years ago

I'm changing it up next year. I have one more mod product coming out and that will be the end of R&D there.

I have a new TronLE playfield all cleared and ready to go in to replace the original that has a weirdly wearing shoot again insert. That will be my first PF swap.

From what I learn on my Tron PF swap I am going to tackle a fairly high end resto of my Tommy. I have a NOS Kruzman cleared PF and a machine with a mint (but red-faded) cabinet. I'm really looking forward to this.

I'm selling down machines from 13-14 to 5-7, and going to enjoy a slower, but more in-depth appreciation of the hobby.

I will be heading over to TPF, and may bring product with me this time.

I might even try some league-play.

Bring on the new year!

#2 2 years ago

I think I'll grab a beer, take a toke, and play some Dirty Harry.

#3 2 years ago

Downsize, not sell anything but get some games cleaned up and place them at a few friends houses. That will give me ahe space to do some larger work

And Space for TAG when it ships

#4 2 years ago
    Quoted from PopBumperPete:

Downsize, not sell anything but get some games cleaned up and place them at a few friends houses. That will give me ahe space to do some larger work
    And Space for TAG when it ships

Ha ! I was thinking the exact same thing for me Pete . For the exact same reason ! TAG !

#5 2 years ago

2017 holds a lot of promise...

Hoping to complete a custom re-theme, finish one of the repair "projects" currently taking up space, and attend the VFW show, Replay Fx, and one west coast show.

3 weeks later
    #6 2 years ago
    Quoted from Rody:

2017 holds a lot of promise...
    Hoping to complete a custom re-theme, finish one of the repair "projects" currently taking up space, and attend the VFW show, Replay Fx, and one west coast show.

The Showcase will be May 5, 6, 7 350 Games on free play

http://vfwpinball.com/?page_id=179

#7 2 years ago

Start the full restore of my MB... waiting for what I am sure will be an amazing Kruzman CC of a Mirco repro play field... hopefully my work on the can will do it justice...

Also trying to figure out a) which 4th pin to get, and b) how to convince the wife it will fit

Alien? TH? SS? Thinking Alien so far.

#8 2 years ago
    Quoted from bob_e:

The Showcase will be May 5, 6, 7 350 Games on free play
    http://vfwpinball.com/?page_id=179

Tickets available NOW!

I'll be attending and volunteering for the show. A can't miss event.

Now on Topic.

My 2017 Pinball Plans:
    Get 2nd NIB machine, MET LED Pro was the 1st (2015).
    Buy / Sell machines
    Win local pinball league
    Don't get talked into going to PAPA or Pinburgh.
    Transporting machines for buyers/sellers.
    Increase the amount of pinball friends.
    Get to EOL on my MET LED pro. I've had it lit twice, failed to start.

#9 2 years ago

Putting 20 more machines on location

#10 2 years ago

I'm going to visit Spooky Pinball this Tuesday.

I normally don't think any farther ahead than that.

#11 2 years ago

Selling off the majority of our collection and a recent warehouse find and then spending a good bit of time traveling in our little camper. I am semi retired and all I want to do is spend more time on the road in 2017. We managed to travel 77 days in 2016 and that just wasn't enough so this year I want to try for 100 days on the road. Sadly my recent warehouse find might mess those plans up. I am trying everything I can think of to figure out how to keep that from having a major impact on my plans but so far things are not looking good.

#12 2 years ago

Expanding the tech support and getting more pins in here.

2017 is going to be a great year for pinball !

LTG : )

#13 2 years ago

I'm going to arcade expo this year. and of course pin a go go. playing in my local league.

getting out more often to support local ops.

#14 2 years ago

2017 "Pinball Resolutions":

- Complete my preference of Ted Zale "zipper flipper" collection of machines (3 titles remaining)
    - Teaching several proteges how to properly repair pinball machines from the early SS era (ongoing)
    - Finding a superb quality Paragon game for my significant other who wants to own her first pinball machine
    - Adding at least 5 additional video tutorial reviews for education of the community
    - Adding additional technical AGC repair documentation and complete articles for PinWiki
    - Complete reproduction of the AGC AGBGoaWT spinner decals for collectors

"Life continues well beyond pinball."

Keep flipping.

#15 2 years ago

I'm going to buy another game or two and continue to enjoying playing them with my kids.

#16 2 years ago

Put on another kick ass pinball show this summer!

#17 2 years ago
    Quoted from xTheBlackKnightx:

2017 "Pinball Resolutions":
    - Complete my preference of Ted Zale "zipper flipper" collection of machines (3 titles remaining)
    - Teaching several proteges how to properly repair pinball machines from the early SS era (ongoing)
    - Finding a superb quality Paragon game for my significant other who wants to own her first pinball machine
    - Adding at least 5 additional video tutorial reviews for education of the community
    - Adding additional technical AGC repair documentation and complete articles for PinWiki
    - Complete reproduction of the AGC AGGoaWT spinner decals for collectors
    "Life continues well beyond pinball."
    Keep flipping.

Where can i find you tutorial videos?

#18 2 years ago

I'm gonna order a tricked out Metallica Pro from Pinball Refinery. Pretty soon here too. Just under 2K left to save.

My pinball "resolution" was to score 1Mil on WoZ and I did that for the first time this morning at 12:15am haha. Great start to the year.

#19 2 years ago

Mines pretty simple. I want to purchase a pin this year, one that I really want.

#20 2 years ago

Finally wrapping up the [REDACTED] colordmd project.

Maybe working on IMHD some more.

#21 2 years ago

Purchase a road show and champion pub. Learn how to dissassemble a playfield

#22 2 years ago

I'd like to do my first restoration project. Some sort of 70-80s era game most likely, wouldn't even rule out a wedge head.

#23 2 years ago

Going to do my first cabinet redo in spring. Hope to find a mystic or Evel Knievel sometime in 2017.

#24 2 years ago

Shop pinball magic.

Shop two radicals. Learn how to make a ramp. Try and trade the remaining radical for godzilla, lost in space, transporter the rescue, bally atlantis, or maybe punchy the clown/alvin g head to head.

After that depends. Pistol Poker and airborne both could use a shop. Als has a spare pf I want to swap in it. There are also cabinets to fix up. I know I won't get to all of it this year, but will be curious to see where I stand this time next year.

#25 2 years ago

Get our first pinball machine "Thunderbirds" on the line and being assembled ready to ship. Shipping from the factory no later than mid year.

Homepin has big plans for 2017 and several other machines "loosely" on the drawing board. Some are not pinball machines. Homepin is an arcade machine manufacturer not just pinball.

#26 2 years ago

Get my Alien LE. Get back my IJ Williams after a thorough restoration. Acquire 1more machine that thrills. Hopefully go to TPF
    Go to pin a go go

#27 2 years ago
    Quoted from Shannyman:

Going to do my first cabinet redo in spring. Hope to find a mystic or Evel Knievel sometime in 2017.

Would like to find a mystic myself

#28 2 years ago

Medusa Restoration and hitting Texas Pinfest for the first time to get things started!

#29 2 years ago

Games I will/might get:

- Looking forward to getting the TBL I have ordered...whenever it arrives.

- Perhaps getting Alien. I want to play it first.

- Interested in Dialed In and want to see where the code goes.

- Aerosmith/Star Wars...I'm a big fan of both, so I want to see what Stern does with these themes

Shows:

Expo might be the only show I go to. I usually go to Texas but my wife is due right around that time.

Projects:

A few little mods and cliffy's here and there, but everything is working right now and nothing major needed.

#30 2 years ago

It's business as usual here at Dayhuffmerica......LOL. Buying and selling when possible but mostly trying to work on my own games for a change. I've got my Bally Rolling Stones sitting here in the shop for the last month ready to be shopped but I've not started on it yet. I'm going to try and get at least three games shopped before the Zoo show and hopefully after that a playfield swap or two...fingers crossed.

John

#31 2 years ago

Will achieve the big "o" .... that is organization!!. I keep saying it but will see it through this year.
    Complete the basement and finally get all them games set up...

#32 2 years ago

Have a HIGH SPEED project come hopefully this week.............. That being said its going to sit as I have surgery this Friday for a 2 1/2 inch tear in my diaphragm.

#33 2 years ago

Re-designing and customizing the Mariner I picked up off of Craigslist with all-new art, finding a compatible backbox for it, most likely at Pinfest if not beforehand. Will definitely be at Pinfest regardless.

#34 2 years ago

Open, but if I continue to get new it would be either DI or a Stern VE.

I need to sell something since I added 3 in 2016 and kept what I had.

#35 2 years ago

Completing Jacks Open restoration.
    Restoring Joker Poker and Centigrade 37.
    Waiting for Stern Star Wars to relieve me of any money I might have left.

#36 2 years ago

This will be a special year for Multimorphic. Those wanting to take advantage of an improved ownership paradigm will be able to. More value for your money. More content for your space. More gameplay variety (traditional and non-traditional). Those have long been our goals. 2017 is the year. Customers will take ownership of P3s, and the ecosystem will get rolling.

- Gerry
    http://www.multimorphic.com

#37 2 years ago

Taking delivery of Big Lebowski......and that's about it! It's probably time to shop out a few of my games....nothing major.

#38 2 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

Taking delivery of Big Lebowski......and that's about it!

thU69JMI2U (resized).jpg

Lebowski is on my list too dude.

#39 2 years ago

Can't wait for VFW showcase just got my tickets. Hope to have my Valley Spectra IV working to take to the showcase.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 159.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    € 25.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    YOYOKOPTER MODS
    $ 25.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Flashinstinct
    $ 40.00
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    Metalhead Pinball
    $ 18.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 229.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 19.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 32.25
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 369.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 22.00
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 7,499.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    $ 22.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 89.99
    Lighting - Under Cabinet
    Rock Custom Pinball
    $ 194.99
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    $ 120.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 27.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 16.95
    Playfield - Protection
    ULEKstore
    $ 26.95
    $ 20.50
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 29.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    Pinball Machine
    Great American Pinball

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside