(Topic ID: 146632)

Pinball & Pinside Predictions for 2016 - now with added positivity!!!

By beelzeboob

4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 249 posts
  • 90 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by toyotaboy
  • Topic is favorited by 6 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 12 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

dirty_(resized).jpg
    image.jpeg
    11892065_1060099630680850_4959122044393474780_n.jpg
    Penelope.jpg
    image.jpeg
    puppets-puppetmaster-590x350.jpg
    cube.jpg
    Blame_canada.gif
    suya.jpg
    I_will_fill_it_for_ya.png
    image.jpg
    YesNo.jpg

There are 249 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 5.
    #101 4 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

I'll second that. Can't wait to see what Aaron and Fast have in store for 2016. A truly good guy and passionate pinball person.
    We need more talented people like Aaron and Aurich more involved in pinball. That's a positive thing.
    I predict that I'll keep drinking beer in 2016, I find its helpful in drowning out some of the "whiny little b**tches"

But will you make entertaining posts after drinking said beer?

#102 4 years ago
    Quoted from Mr68:

Aurich's contract with Heighway Pinball will not be renewed and he is one and done in the pinball industry. Stern, JJP, PPS, Multimorphic, P-ROC, will not hire him for anything.

That would be a tragedy for pinball in general in my view. Aurich is great; my ST Premium sure looks better thanks to his hard work.

#103 4 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

That would be a tragedy for pinball in general in my view. Aurich is great; my ST Premium sure looks better thanks to his hard work.

Saved my AC/DC pro, too.

#104 4 years ago
    Quoted from TimeBandit:

Saved my AC/DC pro, too.

How'd he get that giant face off the playfield?

Just kidding of course.

#105 4 years ago

Ebd remake for 3k will sellout faster than tickets to boobs dunk tank

#106 4 years ago

My 2016 Predictions for Pinball

Multimorphic P3 goes into production and joins my collection.

Quetzal Captain Nemo goes into production and joins my collection.

Spooky announces that "The Warriors" will be the theme for Spooky #3 and joins my collection.

Marcus

#107 4 years ago
    Quoted from dhard:

Ebd remake for 3k will sellout faster than tickets to boobs dunk tank

I think it would be closer to $4.5k realistically. I know The Pin etc, just going by numbers I've been given.

Would you pay that much for a remake of EBD?

And I'm not going anywhere guys, but thanks for the kind words.

#108 4 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

I think it would be closer to $4.5k realistically. I know The Pin etc, just going by numbers I've been given.
    Would you pay that much for a remake of EBD?

Is there REALLY any classic SS game worth that much NIB? And I mean from a production selling point. They would need to sell hundreds of games, not just a couple.

#109 4 years ago
    Quoted from arcademojo:

Is there REALLY any classic SS game worth that much NIB? And I mean from a production selling point. They would need to sell hundreds of games, not just a couple.

Maybe Spirit if 100 only were made?

#110 4 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

I'll second that. Can't wait to see what Aaron and Fast have in store for 2016. A truly good guy and passionate pinball person.
    We need more talented people like Aaron and Aurich more involved in pinball. That's a positive thing.
    I predict that I'll keep drinking beer in 2016, I find its helpful in drowning out some of the "whiny little b**tches"

2015 has felt like getting the chores done before we can come out and play. 2016 is going to be so much fun! There are so many awesome people (many new to the pinball dev scene) that I feel fortunate to call my friends. If only 10% of these new projects see the light of day, we will all have plenty of new pinball for years to come!

Aaron
    FAST Pinball

#111 4 years ago
    Quoted from arcademojo:

That's the question isn't it? Tell me people wouldn't pay that much for a brand new in box, clearcoated Fathom or Centaur. Optional chrome hardware kit for people who want extra shiny instead of old school.

I could see that moving hundreds.

#112 4 years ago

Stern will change their ways...

After losing some market share of course...

#113 4 years ago
    Quoted from pezpunk:

5. Capitals make the Stanley Cup finals.

1. TBL WILL ship.
    2. Hobbit will ship and people will complain. While others thumbs down on pinside because they didn't get one.
    3. PPS #2 details announced. (At the TPF ) Hello " AFM " Which will save me money!
    4. GOTLE will arrive, and I will be glad I got one "I think?"
    5. Capitals make the Stanley Cup finals and lose to Dallas
    6. Pinball Side Mirrors will give away $1,000 dollars at the TFP for bringing a game
    7. SMVE releases & people complain about the price, as I am thankful I kept mine.
    8. Prices on games will bring us a big bubble
    9. GBLE will make it to my home. Hint Hint Stern! Get a move on it!
    10. I'll go broke before the BIG BUBBLE pops .

#114 4 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

That's the question isn't it? Tell me people wouldn't pay that much for a brand new in box, clearcoated Fathom or Centaur. Optional chrome hardware kit for people who want extra shiny instead of old school.
    I could see that moving hundreds.

Yea, those are the only two that comes to mind. But sales would only be around 3 to 6 hundred each. I'd love to see it happen.
    No shinny Bling Bling for me. Give me a blacked out Centaur any day.

#115 4 years ago
    Quoted from wdpvideo:

5. Capitals make the Stanley Cup finals and loose to Dallas

You ooze, you loose!

#116 4 years ago
    Quoted from wdpvideo:

Capitals make the Stanley Cup finals and loose to Dallas

Quoted from Rarehero:

You ooze, you loose!

Every which way but loose?

#117 4 years ago
    Quoted from fosaisu:

Every which way but loose?

Thanks for the laugh.
    That poor word and Pinside just do not get along very well. lol

#118 4 years ago
    Quoted from Arcade:

Thanks for the laugh.
    That poor word and Pinside just do not get along very well. lol

Rarehero's was deliberate. He was quoting the SM back board mistake.

#119 4 years ago
    Quoted from TimeBandit:

Fingers crossed for no typos on SM Comic Book Edition!

#120 4 years ago

I can't understand why Stern never addressed that typo.
    I wish there was a sticker to fix that

#121 4 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

You ooze, you loose!

Typo? Don't the loose ones to ooze the most?

#122 4 years ago

PPS isnt going to announce anything in 2016 - it will be 2017 before the next game is announced. Rick has said it himself hes not announcing the next game until its ready to ship.

Stern will announce their next game within the first 45 days of 2016.

Prices on pins have leveled out in 2015 and will stay the same in 2016 or go down slightly

#123 4 years ago
    Quoted from iwantansi:

PPS isnt going to announce anything in 2016 - it will be 2017 before the next game is announced. Rick has said it himself hes not announcing the next game until its ready to ship.

He said it would be at TPF. I'm not sure if he mentioned what year though.

#124 4 years ago
    Quoted from TimeBandit:

Gotcha.
    Did not know about the backboard mistake.

#125 4 years ago

Another prediction: Labnip starts a 2017 Hobbit thread in January.

#126 4 years ago

I predict Aurich will first complain how the artwork on Stern Ghostbusters doesn't make him feel nostalgic, then complain how Spooky's Dominoes artwork doesn't make him hungry for a pizza.

#127 4 years ago

The exact same shit will continue I hope, this thread will surface "JJP we want our games" and Heighway's Alien will be greatness.

#128 4 years ago

<read as a Noir story>

2016 will be another year of revolving door rehab for beelzeboob. The wife and kids [that don't look like him] will wave goodbye as he goes off to get "better". But she knows better, shes lived this nightmare before, the endless circle of addiction, abuse and suffering. But she has to keep up hope that maybe, just maybe this time it will work.

When he gets out he will attend about 3 meeting before he finds himself back with the wrong crowd again. Slumped on the ground in an alley behind the arcade clutching a paper bag and an empty can of Naptha the vomit drips off his chin onto his teal t-shirt. Your money is not good around here, you can't buy beer with game tokens.

People will walk by and pretend not to see him but he is not one to be avoided. He thrives on the attention - "Woo hoo, Pintastic" he shouts holding up his hand hoping someone will High-Five him. But it is August, the show is long over, the heat has made his wretched smell worse than normal. Its time to go back to Jersey.

</Noir>

#129 4 years ago
    Quoted from toyotaboy:

I predict Aurich will first complain how the artwork on Stern Ghostbusters doesn't make him feel nostalgic, then complain how Spooky's Dominoes artwork doesn't make him hungry for a pizza.

Heh. I think people will be pretty stoked about the Ghostbusters art actually.

You know, I honestly don't complain because I like bitching about things. I try and offer constructive criticism because I think for the kind of money pins cost now that we deserve a little more. I don't want to call people lazy, because that's simply just not the case for the most part, but I feel like the art packages don't always get the attention they should, or aren't made the priority in the big picture decisions, and at least for some of us it matters.

Everyone won't like Alien, you can't please everyone. And I have the same kind of license handcuffs all the other designers deal with too, I'm not free to just do whatever I think is best. But I can promise you that whatever it comes out as it will have as much attention to detail as I could give it. And that's all I'm asking for. It doesn't seem like too much to me.

After that it's all subjective. You like it or you don't. But if the effort is there I can at least appreciate it for what it is.

#130 4 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

Heh. I think people will be pretty stoked about the Ghostbusters art actually.

How's that Hendrix art gonna look?

#131 4 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

How's that Hendrix art gonna look?

Like an Aerosmith machine on acid. And then you'll start to wonder if you put the right sugar cube in your coffee that morning ...

#132 4 years ago
    Quoted from Taxman:

<read as a Noir story>
    2016 will be another year of revolving door rehab for beelzeboob. The wife and kids [that don't look like him] will wave goodbye as he goes off to get "better". But she knows better, shes lived this nightmare before, the endless circle of addiction, abuse and suffering. But she has to keep up hope that maybe, just maybe this time it will work.
    When he gets out he will attend about 3 meeting before he finds himself back with the wrong crowd again. Slumped on the ground in an alley behind the arcade clutching a paper bag and an empty can of Naptha the vomit drips off his chin onto his teal t-shirt. Your money is not good around here, you can't buy beer with game tokens.
    People will walk by and pretend not to see him but he is not one to be avoided. He thrives on the attention - "Woo hoo, Pintastic" he shouts holding up his hand hoping someone will High-Five him. But it is August, the show is long over, the heat has made is wretched smell worse than normal. Its time to go back to Jersey.
    </Noir>

Can somebody please send this thread to the basement? Because I wanna tell this guy "f**k you" SO bad...

#133 4 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

Can somebody please send this thread to the basement? Because I wanna tell this guy "f**k you" SO bad...

Hey, I took it from your wife's FaceBook page.

#134 4 years ago
    Quoted from jackofdiamonds:

I can't understand why Stern never addressed that typo.
    I wish there was a sticker to fix that

I confronted Gary Stern about it in 2008 when he was in L.A. showing IJ4 at the now defunct C.A. Robinson. He totally brushed it off like "hey we made a mistake but who's really going to notice that". I suggested correcting it on future runs, and suckers like me would buy new decals...or just make a small "cover up' decal. He was like "eh, whatever - INDIANA JONES! C'MON!"

#135 4 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

Like an Aerosmith machine on acid. And then you'll start to wonder if you put the right sugar cube in your coffee that morning ...

Oh yeah.

cube.jpg

#136 4 years ago
    Quoted from iwantansi:

Prices on pins have leveled out in 2015 and will stay the same in 2016 or go down slightly

Lower end pins stay the same.
    Middle price pins on the rise.
    Higher dollar pins take the biggest hit. Why spend that amount of cash when you can get a NIB for the same price.

#137 4 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

You ooze, you loose!

1. Apple will quit trying to fix my typing. Or maybe I am just dreaming.

#138 4 years ago

Aurich said I think it would be closer to $4.5k realistically. I know The Pin etc, just going by numbers I've been given.
    Would you pay that much for a remake of EBD? No I like my number better seams like an easy remake with today's technology and thanks for the lump of coal in the old stocking augrinch lol

#139 4 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

I confronted Gary Stern about it in 2008 when he was in L.A. showing IJ4 at the now defunct C.A. Robinson. He totally brushed it off like "hey we made a mistake but who's really going to notice that". I suggested correcting it on future runs, and suckers like me would buy new decals...or just make a small "cover up' decal. He was like "eh, whatever - Indiana Jones! C'MON!"

WOW!!!! although Im not surprised.Please let me know if you make a sticker Ill invest in one

#140 4 years ago
    Quoted from wdpvideo:

Apple will quit trying to fix my typing. Or maybe I am just dreaming.

You can turn off autocorrect on every apple product (but still have spellcheck). Main problem with autocorrect is that fixes what you want and sometimes it screws things up, so, the real questions is which is the lesser of two evils, having it on or off. Bigger gripe is once it 'learns' a correction, if that is actually wrong, you are still stuck with that (but I think you can wipe them all out and start fresh,. Meaning if you tell it you don't want their suggestion and then you go fix it yourself anytime you make the original mistake it will just change it to your correction, that may not always be the right correction. Although you can use shortcuts to try to fix things like that, which can be edited.

#141 4 years ago
    Quoted from rosh:

You can turn off autocorrect on every apple product (but still have spellcheck). Main problem with autocorrect is that fixes what you want and sometimes it screws things up, so, the real questions is which is the lesser of two evils, having it on or off. Bigger gripe is once it 'learns' a correction, if that is actually wrong, you are still stuck with that (but I think you can wipe them all out and start fresh,. Meaning if you tell it you don't want their suggestion and then you go fix it yourself anytime you make the original mistake it will just change it to your correction, that may not always be the right correction. Although you can use shortcuts to try to fix things like that, which can be edited.

#142 4 years ago
    Quoted from rosh:

You can turn off autocorrect on every apple product (but still have spellcheck). Main problem with autocorrect is that fixes what you want and sometimes it screws things up, so, the real questions is which is the lesser of two evils, having it on or off.

Imagine when you switch between two languages all the time (English - French). Would be nice if it could recognize the language as Google translation can.

#143 4 years ago
    Quoted from jlm33:

Imagine when you switch between two languages all the time (English - French). Would be nice if it could recognize the language as Google translation can.

While I have not tried it, there is support for that on the mac, not sure about the phones.

#144 4 years ago

Thunderbirds will ship in the first half of 2016
    It will be awesome
    Homepins next game will be announced in Q4

2016 will be another year I don't get to a USA pinball convention

#145 4 years ago
    Quoted from PopBumperPete:

Thunderbirds will ship in the first half of 2016

What's the scoop on that anyway? They're the one pinball company that keeps quiet - but no one really seems to care. They actually close to a finished game? I checked their website - and it's like something out of 1997. Color me skeptical.

#146 4 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

What's the scoop on that anyway? They're the one pinball company that keeps quiet - but no one really seems to care. They actually close to a finished game? I checked their website - and it's like something out of 1997. Color me skeptical.

Yeah, the web page is lame
    Mike does update on his face book page
    But all you will find is pictures of him producing generic parts
    He is not releasing pictures of the game until it is ready to ship

#147 4 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

What's the scoop on that anyway? They're the one pinball company that keeps quiet - but no one really seems to care. They actually close to a finished game?

Yeah thats cause its Thunderbirds. The only puppet pin I would buy is this.

#148 4 years ago
    Quoted from Hazoff:

I love the puppet master series. Totally awesome B movies along with all the other Full Moon productions.

#149 4 years ago
    Quoted from Hazoff:

And people wonder why Mike avoids pinside

#150 4 years ago
    Quoted from PopBumperPete:

And people wonder why Mike avoids pinside

Waaaah. Get a thicker skin...you're trying to sell a $6000 toy - this is your audience. Shunning them isn't going to anything but lose you possible sales.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    Cabinet - Other
    Filament Printing
    $ 1,000.00
    Playfields
    Pinball Playfields
    $ 22.00
    Electronics
    Yorktown Arcade Supply
    € 40.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    YOYOKOPTER MODS
    $ 79.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    pinballmod
    $ 159.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Sparky Pinball
    $ 200.00
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball
    $ 89.99
    $ 6,299.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 10.50
    Playfield - Decals
    The MOD Couple
    $ 99.00
    $ 40.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 14.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 209.99
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    $ 6.00
    Electronics
    German-Pinball-Modular
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 79.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Hookedonpinball.com
    $ 22.50
    Playfield - Decals
    Pinball Haus
    $ 66.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 40.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Arcade Arts
    There are 249 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 5.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside