(Topic ID: 113897)

UPDATE: Pinball & Pinside Predictions for 2015!

By beelzeboob

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Haha+all+in+good+time+my+friend+_c8b2a3485a0b5c1a7f81c7d9575b83b8.jpg
    image-607.jpg
    There are 99 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 9 years ago

Oh and a NHL pin will finally be made. Runner up would be Castlevania.

#52 9 years ago

It's January 3rd, and I'm already wrong on one prediction: Kaneda hasn't crawled out from under his rock yet. So I blew it.

On the flip side, o-din already changed his avatar, so I'm still on track to see another 364 from him before the year is out.

#53 9 years ago

Predictions: Only because most of this happens every year, or has been done over and over enough to see a pattern.

Prepaid model will still happen and everybody that has stated that they "never again" will plunk down money on a pin, will change their mind because a theme by a start up is their "dream" theme. (This will be followed up by posts like: "See how transparent they are", "It is nice to see innovation in pinball", "This company gets it".

Stern will kick people off of their Facebook page because of questions wanting to know about software updates on any recent pin.

Gary will give 3 legged stool speeches at conventions.

Spfxted will get a million more karma points just on using GIFs alone. (...which is not a bad thing)

There will be a dozen posts about using a 40-50 year old bands as a theme... even if the band might not translate to a good pinball machine.

Posts that should be tilted won't because people still don't understand how it is supposed to work. This will prompt IBTL and moderators doing more work than necessary.

Market comes down some more on B/W pins with the 2nd PPS game announcement.

SM, LOTR, or TDK will come down in price because of the announcement of the next Vault Edition with at least a dozen threads either complaining about it or lauding it.

Rob T will still have to explain Keynesian Economics Supply/Demand to anybody that starts a thread: "Why are prices so high on ____________?" or has the words "bubble bust" "market price" "HEP price" etc....

Somebody will start a post wanting Stern to do a run of Tron LE/Premiums.

Stern/JJP threads will continue to resemble Mac/Windows, Chevy/Ford arguments.

UPS, FED EX, STI, USPS will still ham fist our fragile pinball stuff making the most cringe worthy threads.

Threads on high CL prices because somebody used Fun Pinball Ebay prices as a guide.

Thread on somebody losing out on a CL pinball machine that was posted 80% below value because somebody called up and snagged it offering more money.

Aurich will make another translite that looks better than the original that came with the machine.

Mods will continue to flourish as there are some creative new people to the hobby that are really making machines cooler. EX: Colordmd, PDI glass, OCD light board, splitters, P-Roc etc...

#54 9 years ago

A basic cable network will release a popular, but horrible, low budge reality/sports show about pinball that will radically change the public perception from "hey, they still make those" to "where can I play pinball". Newbs will flood the market and pricing chaos will reign.

Buoyed by the new show, an Army of Darkness pin will be announced. Torches and pitchforks will be hoisted when Bruce Campbell doesn't do the any of the voice work.

I will finally get to play TZ instead of it being absent from or broken at every gathering or con that I attend.

17 new Hitler videos will be posted on Pinside.

#56 9 years ago

Whysnows opinions become viable .

#57 9 years ago

Beezleboob will disrupt to karma of Pinside and force Robin to form an alternate site.This is just so boob can bore the Sh%t out of me on two sights.

#58 9 years ago
    Quoted from Skypilot:

Lets not get carried away here.

#59 9 years ago
    Quoted from Skypilot:

skypilot learns how to really restore a game.

oh shit, that would be crazy. Nevermind, not gonna happen.

#60 9 years ago

I predict Wes Upchurch will plead guilty to a couple of Federal felonies and be sentenced to 3 years in Federal prison.

http://www.justice.gov/usao/mow/news2014/upchurch.ind.html
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/vonnie-d-pinball-update/page/12#post-2111810

#61 9 years ago

TNT and GRC finally reach a truce. A lot just went down in these last few hours. It might actually happen, people.

#62 9 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

skypilot learns how to really restore a game.

oh shit, that would be crazy. Nevermind, not gonna happen.

That almost hurts, oh wait ,no I'm ok

#63 9 years ago

In all fairness, Whysnow, I apologize that was mean on my part. You do bring a varying view to things and your opinion does count. I'm sorry.

TILTed post. Sign in to be able to view TILTed posts.
    #65 9 years ago
    Quoted from Skypilot:

Teekee buys a MMR.

I'm a buyer at $2500! As long as its HUO, mint and includes coin mechs…

#66 9 years ago

LIONMAN will rule 2015 .

#67 9 years ago

All pins will be 10k by xmas

#68 9 years ago

I will sell another game that I said will "never leave".

I will buy a game that I eventually sell within the same year.

#69 9 years ago
    Quoted from maddog14:

WHysnow gets his Predator by December 31 2015.

I hope he won't be the only one...

Quoted from maddog14:

AMH sells all 150 by end of year.

Agreed.

Quoted from PinballBeerGuy:

WOOLY will get the necessary number of orders to go into production and will be shipped to buyers by year's end

I hope so!

#70 9 years ago

Gary Stern retires.

#71 9 years ago

Teekee updates his avatar..image-607.jpgimage-607.jpg

#72 9 years ago

I'd like to revise one of my predictions:

Stern will announce WrestleMania the first week of January.

Nearly everybody will hate it.

#73 9 years ago

My 2015 prediction... Stern will release a Wrestlemania pin

Edit: snap Beelzeboob beat me too it

#74 9 years ago
    Quoted from Concretehardt:

Stern will release a Wrestlemania pin

Oh, yeah? Bet you can't predict when!

#75 9 years ago

5000 new Hitler videos.

#76 9 years ago

Stern will complete a code in 2015.

#77 9 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

Stern will announce WrestleMania the first week of January.

Wow. You are good !

LTG : )™

#78 9 years ago

I predict many cheap NIB Wrestlemania pins will be available for Christmas this year.

#79 9 years ago

Pat Lawlor sets the pinball world on fire again this year!

I predict it will be the only pin I buy this year

Technically I bought Alien last year.

#80 9 years ago

Gary Stern will retire to pursue his dream of pro wrestling. From here on out, he will only answer questions addressed to the Iron Ayatollah of Illinois or Sheik of the Silverball.

#81 9 years ago
    Quoted from Imeh:

Teekee updates his Avatar..

#82 9 years ago
    Quoted from PinballManiac40:

I predict many cheap NIB Wrestlemania pins will be available for Christmas this year.

I predict this will the exception to the '10k by xmas' rule

4 months later
    #83 9 years ago

Bump. Now that we are almost to the midpoint of 2015, this thread has some interesting predictions.

#84 9 years ago

Keith will leave JPP...

#85 9 years ago
    Quoted from limelime20:

Keith will leave JPP...

Why do you say that? Do you know something?

#86 9 years ago
    Quoted from Astropin:

Many of the "Boutique" companies fail in 2015 never to return......quite a few will lose their deposits.
    Stern will continue to make and sell whatever they think will make them money.....including several VE's. Code will remain low on the priority list.

Almost spot on except for code has gone up on the priority list.

#87 9 years ago
    Quoted from jimjim66:

Stern will kick people off of their Facebook page because of questions wanting to know about software updates on any recent pin.

lol.

#88 9 years ago
    Quoted from Arcade:

Almost spot on except for code has gone up on the priority list.

We also do not have a 100% clear answer as to what will happen with Magic Girl.

#89 9 years ago

Hey, Jared, go tell Gary to pay Zombie Yeti whatever he wants to draw the art for Iron Maiden.

#90 9 years ago
    Quoted from gambit3113:

Hey, Jared, go tell Gary to pay Zombie Yeti whatever he wants to draw the art for Iron Maiden.

And a licensed Led Zeppelin game.

#91 9 years ago

Whatever. I don't really want either pin. But that dude needs to be drawing pinball art for a legit source.

#92 9 years ago
    Quoted from DCFAN:

We also do not have a 100% clear answer as to what will happen with Magic Girl.

I will marry her ~2017~

Haha+all+in+good+time+my+friend+_c8b2a3485a0b5c1a7f81c7d9575b83b8.jpgHaha+all+in+good+time+my+friend+_c8b2a3485a0b5c1a7f81c7d9575b83b8.jpg

#93 9 years ago
    Quoted from labnip:

Wisconsin moves into #1 position for pinball ownership & best pinball parties globally.
    Rest of country learns that Wisconsin is a state
    Global douchebag stock prices plummet on NASDAQ.
    US Senate forces Airlines & STI to begin lowering transportation prices due to low gas costs.
    Teekee finds an even cooler Eastwood photo.
    365 new accounts get frozen, 350 belong to same person.
    Pinball machine fund raiser raffle for kids uses Aliens pin as give-away, I buy 99 of 100 available tickets, someone else wins.

out of sheer massive ego, labnip quotes himself mid-year
    then, after repeatedly insulting himself, accidentally puts himself on Ignore.

#94 9 years ago

Currently revising my initial post--almost completely wrong--so that I appear to be a modern day Nostradamus.

#95 9 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

Currently revising my initial post--almost completely wrong--so that I appear to be a modern day Nostradamus.

You've gotta learn to be more vague.

I predict that a game will come out about a movie in 2015.

#96 9 years ago
    Quoted from John_I:

2) The Jpop thread on Pinside will be over 10,000 posts by the end of 2015, MG prototypes playable at Expo and not a single game will have shipped by year's end.

Sorta right.

6 months later
    #97 8 years ago

Well...the year's almost over, so it's about time to see how I did on my predictions before posting the 2016 prediction thread.

Turns out I ain't no Nostradamus. Here's what I said, and how it turned out...

TRUE: Stern will put out KISS and Game of Thrones. The Limited Edition will feature even more incomplete code than the pro or premium editions.

FALSE: JJP will deliver The Hobbit in April, and Keith's code will make it a much better game than people are giving it credit for now. Jack will follow Gary's lead and begin selling his own mods that should have come with the machine, notably a topper and the rest of Smaug.

REALLY FALSE: Pat Lawlor's game will have one upper flipper. It will be compared to Funhouse, and will be announced at ReplayFX in July.

REALLY REALLY FALSE: Most of those boutique machines everybody's waiting for will actually see the light of day. Spooky will announce another machine. JPop will announce another machine as well, but not deliver on the previous three. DP will iron out their problems, but it won't be until the fall for TBL to ship.

TRUE: Pinchroma will still be one of the most polarizing figures on Pinside, and still one

(UNFORTUNATELY) TRUE: I'll get another Pinside warning

REALLY TRUE: CraZ4Pin will create at least 3 different Pinside names to continue flaming every JJP thread...and he will be banned from Pinside under all 3 names.

SADLY TRUE: O-Din will change his Avatar 365 times in 2015.

FALSE: I will wear a t-shirt to ReplayFX and Expo that says, "I Am Not Choggard." Choggard will seek me out and punch me in the face, and I will laugh because by the end of 2015, he still won't have anybody that likes him here.

ALMOST TRUE (Off by a couple of days...): Kaneda will emerge from his self-imposed exile on January 2.

NOT SURE: Pinside will gain at least 5,000 new users...and will still be an awesome place to visit each day.

#98 8 years ago
    Quoted from Skypilot:

Beezleboob will disrupt to karma of Pinside and force Robin to form an alternate site.This is just so boob can bore the Sh%t out of me on two sights.

Nailed it

#99 8 years ago

You need about there or four more "Really's" in front of the Hobbit prediction!

There are 99 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.