(Topic ID: 113897)

UPDATE: Pinball & Pinside Predictions for 2015!

By beelzeboob

6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 99 posts
  • 55 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Captain_Kirk
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Haha+all+in+good+time+my+friend+_c8b2a3485a0b5c1a7f81c7d9575b83b8.jpg
    image-607.jpg

There are 99 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 6 years ago

Figured I'd get the pinball rolling and post my predictions for 2015. Post yours here and we can revisit it in a year to bust each others' balls about what we got horribly wrong. These are the few I have off the top of my head:

Stern will put out KISS and Game of Thrones. The Limited Edition will feature even more incomplete code than the pro or premium editions.

JJP will deliver The Hobbit in April, and Keith's code will make it a much better game than people are giving it credit for now. Jack will follow Gary's lead and begin selling his own mods that should have come with the machine, notably a topper and the rest of Smaug.

Pat Lawlor's game will have one upper flipper. It will be compared to Funhouse, and will be announced at ReplayFX in July.

Most of those boutique machines everybody's waiting for will actually see the light of day. Spooky will announce another machine. JPop will announce another machine as well, but not deliver on the previous three. DP will iron out their problems, but it won't be until the fall for TBL to ship.

Pinchroma will still be one of the most polarizing figures on Pinside, and still one of the most helpful.

I'll get another Pinside warning, probably for posting another picture of midgets...which still baffles me as to how that's offensive. They're little! So what?

CraZ4Pin will create at least 3 different Pinside names to continue flaming every JJP thread...and he will be banned from Pinside under all 3 names.

O-Din will change his avatar 365 times in 2015.

I will wear a t-shirt to ReplayFX and Expo that says, "I Am Not Choggard." Choggard will seek me out and punch me in the face, and I will laugh because by the end of 2015, he still won't have anybody that likes him here.

Kaneda will emerge from his self-imposed exile on January 2.

Pinside will gain at least 5,000 new users...and will still be an awesome place to visit each day.

Happy New Year to all my Pinside friends...and even the people who hate me!

#2 6 years ago

I think a pin company will release a vintage theme (Ghostbusters).

We will learn who will produce the next Star Wars pin. Can't keep that a secret very long.

Kaneda will return and hunt for pin #2 for the full year of 2015 only to question future pricing and not buy anything.

Vonnie D will attempt a 2nd coming and get shut down.

Minimum of 100 threads will be created to talk about "the bubble bursting".

I will flip flop again on selling my TAF but will keep it once again and buy a nice $2k game at MGC.

More threads will open asking for Stern to "update the software of our 2 year old pin".

Choggard will resurect after school is let out so he can sell his wares.

JPOP will release 1 of his games to the masses and everyone will say "wow, I missed out".

#3 6 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

Most of those boutique machines everybody's waiting for will NEVER actually see the light of day.

Oops. Fixed that one error for you.

Post edited by moderator: Please do not edit quoted text, this is a violation of Pinside rules. Even if it's meant as a joke. Thanks.

#4 6 years ago

80% of the people who vowed to never prepay for a pin again will write out deposit checks.

#5 6 years ago

Star Trek's code will be finished. People will still bitch.

Stern will keep pumping out pins like no other. People will still bitch.

JJP will run pre-orders again. People will still bitch and some will pay.

#6 6 years ago

TBL will turn out to be the pin to own for 2015.

#7 6 years ago

Stern will announce a Pre LE to replace the LE, run LE's a month later.
    JJP will announce the 75th+1 Woz "Return to Kansas"
    All 367 of us who held out will get our MMR's
    Robin will finally come to the conclusion all pinball people are nuts, close the site and open a "How to finger-paint" forum.

#8 6 years ago

Many of the "Boutique" companies fail in 2015 never to return......quite a few will lose their deposits.

Stern will continue to make and sell whatever they think will make them money.....including several VE's. Code will remain low on the priority list.

#9 6 years ago

I'm going to stay positive with my prediction.

WOOLY will get the necessary number of orders to go into production and will be shipped to buyers by year's end.

#10 6 years ago

PPS will deliver all MMR's by June and announce a 2nd pin (AFMr) at that time

#11 6 years ago

- Steve Ritchie & Lyman Sheats will make an epic pin....but it wont be finished (code-wise) until 2016
    - KISS ...will NOT be made.
    - Game of Thrones will...but Stern will ride the license for sales and not give it code support. EDIT: And, it'll be known by the community as Game of Redneck Thrones as stern will use the same voice work as TWD
    - WOOLY will hit this time next year and people will be in awe.
    - JPOP will still not have released one of his many games...but he will have a new idea for another epic pin and take deposits on it

#12 6 years ago

I will change my mind 400 times about my next game

#13 6 years ago

Someone will bitch about prices, MMr, Vault Editions and still have 0 pins. And not donate to Pinside.

#14 6 years ago

MMR and the annoucement of another remake will cause prices to revert back to 2010 levels. Not a huge crash, but 15-20% deflation, which the hobby has not seen in a while. Higher priced games are affected to a greater degree. MMR becomes a $6500 game overnight and sends shock waves to all games priced $7000+. Tron LE sells for $8000.

#15 6 years ago

* Keith's final code for The Hobbit will turn out to be the deepest, most unique coding in pinball history. It will change the way designers think about what's possible with future pinball design & mode integration.
    * All of The Hobbit preorders will be shipped within 6 months from the start of production.
    * The LE models for JJP's & STERN's newly announced 2015 pins will reach $8995 MSRP.
    * I'll continue to search CA/NV Craigslist for a Flash Gordon, and either have the money & not find a nice one, or find a nice one & not have the money!

#16 6 years ago

Bump for New Years Eve: Last call to post predictions...anything posted after midnight doesn't count!

#17 6 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

O-Din will change his Avatar 365 times in 2015.

I predict no more than 364 times.

#18 6 years ago

Pat Lawlor's game will have a monkey theme. It will be a huge success.

#19 6 years ago

1) Steve Ritchie's game will have a new display and will be the game of the year.
    2) The Jpop thread on Pinside will be over 10,000 posts by the end of 2015, MG prototypes playable at Expo and not a single game will have shipped by year's end.
    3) DP will get it back together and begin shipping TBL in the fall to rave reviews.
    4) Pinball Circus will be almost ready with really nice prototypes with alpha software being played at Expo.
    5) MMr will be in full swing by mid March and prove the doubters wrong.
    6) Stern will listen to common sense and swap out KISS and instead make Pink Floyd for the third game of the year.
    7) Heighway pinball will emerge as the real deal despite the lack of attention and controversy on Pinside.
    8 ) JJP will not make or announce a game that I want to buy.

#20 6 years ago

Well we're here, any pre-orders get released yet?

#21 6 years ago
    Quoted from Atomicboy:

Well we're here, any pre-orders get released yet?

#22 6 years ago
    Quoted from Atomicboy:

any pre-orders get released yet?

I pre-ordrered a pizza and they were Johnny on the spot. The guy that delivered it even had a coin mech.

#23 6 years ago

Whysnow will NOT pay his debts.

#24 6 years ago

Some boutiques will make it, some won't. Fallout will forever change our thinking, good and bad.

Stern will produce titles that sell either lackluster or outright not well. Steps will be taken to either up prices or downsize. I am hoping to be utterly wrong on this prediction, btw.

JJP will release TH, it will play great, anticipation of upcoming title will shift money yet again. ( pre-emptive 'OY' inserted)...

Oh, and the ratio of time spent on Pinside will be > time spent in real life.

#25 6 years ago

On October 21, 2015 a new game mode will appear on all Data East Back to the Future Pinball machines.

#26 6 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

I pre-ordrered a pizza and they were Johnny on the spot. The guy that delivered it even had a coin mech.

Nice, you should have asked if they would be interested in managing a few possible pinball projects, given their great time sensitive nature and their combined business skills.

#27 6 years ago

MMR will not ship.

Hobbit will not ship in significant numbers in 2015. Deposits will be taken for game number 3.

Stern will release only one new title that is not a vault or Whoa Nellie. It will be a fun game that everyone will bitch about.

Spooky will begin ship at least some units of game number 2 before Dec 31.

#28 6 years ago
    Quoted from Nevus:

MMR will not ship.
    Hobbit will not ship in significant numbers in 2015. Deposits will be taken for game number 3.

Yeah, I don't think even JJP wants any part of that preorder shitshow. Man, that would be an epically bad idea. Pat Lawlor or not. JJP better build em first.

Preorder model is dead. 2014 was a year of grand disappointment. Except for Spooky, and TWD from Stern, everyone else crapped on it.

2015 will be interesting to see who makes it and who doesn't.

#29 6 years ago
    Quoted from Nevus:

MMR will not ship.
    Stern will release only one new title that is not a vault or Whoa Nellie. It will be a fun game that everyone will bitch about.
    Spooky will begin ship at least some units of game number 2 before Dec 31.

I can't imagine MMr not shipping by April. I also can't imagine Stern not releasing two new Stern designed titles in 2015.

I hope JJP can go without the pre-order/pre-pay on #3 but don't have a lot confidence that will be the case. Raising prices after the pre-pay kills off a lot of potential NIB customers, in my opinion.
    If Hobbit does not ship in significant quantity in 2015, then game #3 likely would not even ever happen.

#30 6 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

I will wear a t-shirt to ReplayFX and Expo that says, "I Am Not Choggard." Choggard will seek me out and punch me in the face

Lol!

#31 6 years ago

MMR LE will replace MM as #1 pinball

#32 6 years ago

Aus bound hobbits never see the light of day.

#33 6 years ago
    Quoted from FatAussieBogan:

Aus bound hobbits never see the light of day.

Why do you say that?

#34 6 years ago
    Quoted from Astropin:

Many of the "Boutique" companies fail in 2015 never to return......quite a few will lose their deposits.

This might not be too far off from the truth

#35 6 years ago
    Quoted from 27dnast:

This might not be too far off from the truth

The problem I see with that is if they fall then how will we know it is truly 100% over.

#36 6 years ago
    Quoted from DCFAN:

Why do you say that?

The lesson that history has taught us.

#37 6 years ago

1) Prices on new games keep going up, frog gets boiled.
    2) Stern finally releases an LCD system, breaks the 5k point on a Pro.
    3) Lawlors game is shown and has 3 pops on the left, a scoop above the left flipper, a third flipper halfway up on the right, and something covering much of the PF.
    4) Stern DOES NOT release an Iron Maiden pin.
    5) TBL barely makes a 2015 ship.

#38 6 years ago
    Quoted from FatAussieBogan:

The lesson that history has taught us.

Aussies are still buying from Bumper?

#39 6 years ago

Okay...which part of LAST CALL don't you guys get? It's 2015 already...you're not allowed to make predictions!

(I'm going to add a few more predictions myself as the year goes along...)

#40 6 years ago

I'm adding a prediction anyway: didn't see your post till now

MMR under performs peoples expectations. Effects future remakes, stabilizes originals prices.

Stern will only have 2 new title announcements for 2015. Both will actually ship this year.

AMH sells all 150 by end of year. Announces a new title other than Zombies.... Made in conjunction with a well known designer. Announced at MGC this year.

TBL is made and ships pins in 2015.

Wooly does not get made.

WHysnow gets his predator by December 31 2015.

Someone does a Hitler MEME for whysnow and his bets not happening.

I purchase zero pins this year.

2015 Expo has no major new announcements and is a let down, But Explosion in monumentally EPIC.

#41 6 years ago
    Quoted from maddog14:

I purchase zero pins this year.

One prediction I can agree with.

#42 6 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

Okay...which part of LAST CALL don't you guys get? It's 2015 already...you're not allowed to make predictions!

Whysnow will retain his title as KingBitch in a hotly contested poll on NewYearsDay 2016.

#43 6 years ago
    Quoted from centerflank:

Whysnow will retain his title as KingBitch in a hotly contested poll on NewYearsDay 2016.

Not if I can help it!

#44 6 years ago

Wisconsin moves into #1 position for pinball ownership & best pinball parties globally.
    Rest of country learns that Wisconsin is a state
    Global douchebag stock prices plummet on NASDAQ.
    US Senate forces Airlines & STI to begin lowering transportation prices due to low gas costs.
    Teekee finds an even cooler Eastwood photo.
    365 new accounts get frozen, 350 belong to same person.
    Pinball machine fund raiser raffle for kids uses Aliens pin as give-away, I buy 99 of 100 available tickets, someone else wins.

#45 6 years ago
    Quoted from benheck:

1) Prices on new games keep going up, frog gets boiled.
    2) Stern finally releases an LCD system, breaks the 5k point on a Pro.
    3) Lawlors game is shown and has 3 pops on the left, a scoop above the left flipper, a third flipper halfway up on the right, and something covering much of the PF.
    4) Stern DOES NOT release an Iron Maiden pin.
    5) TBL barely makes a 2015 ship.

Can you do a Maiden pin then please?

#46 6 years ago

New code for TFTC will be released. Another Marvel game or comic pin will be made by Stern. New technology will be applied to a game by one company who wants to chance the way things are done. Dave N Busters will put one pin on location but charge $2 bucks a game to play and eventually pull it bec of no profit.

#47 6 years ago

This Thread turns to shit and gets Closed Down....

#48 6 years ago

Alien and Heighway will continue to stay under the radar ( for the most part) , be released <> 60 days of target, and exceed expectations.....

#49 6 years ago

I predict a consumer revolt over the ridiculous prices of the new games. The results of the consumer refusing to buy them will be very interesting. Market saturation/over supply will also rear its ugly head.

#50 6 years ago

96.28+% of what was written above will not happen. One sure-fire outcome though ...

Karl will rent broadcasting equipment and record his patent-pending breathing technique for all to see plus a series of pinball training sessions. The bad news, is that in the middle of these training tapes, Karl is interrupted in the broadcast booth by Patty J. Unbeknownst to her, a hidden camera is rolling. She proceeds to rip Karl's clothes off, before throwing him to the ground, and pummelling him with affection. [edit - dirty stuff is being censored]. But wait - the even better news, is that this complete set will be available only on VHS tape.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 14.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 15.00
    Playfield - Other
    YouBentMyWookie
    $ 53.00
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 25.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    The MOD Couple
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    UpKick Pinball
    $ 17.50
    Cabinet - Other
    Pin Monk
    $ 5,999.00
    $ 1,348.00
    $ 79.99
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    £ 50.00
    Cabinet Parts
    PinballToys
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 79.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    pinballmod
    $ 369.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 24.95
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    Hookedonpinball.com
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 20.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    To-Go Cup - LED Out of stock
    UpKick Pinball
    $ 115.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Pinball Mod Co.
    $ 229.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Art Prints
    $ 54.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 16.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 4.49
    Electronics
    Yorktown Arcade Supply
    $ 159.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 47.00
    Boards
    nvram.weebly.com
    $ 5.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    3D Tech. Pinball Parts
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    Pinball Machine
    Pinball Pro
    $ 5.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Doc's Pinball Shop
    $ 94.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    There are 99 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside