(Topic ID: 149987)

PINBALL PIMP Premium CABINET STENCILS - AVAILABLE NOW!

By PinballPimp

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 198 posts
  • 63 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by rotordave
  • Topic is favorited by 41 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20160521_152010_(resized).jpg
20160522_205548_(resized).jpg
IMG_1091_(resized).JPG
storeWIZARD_(resized).jpg
storeFIREBALL_(resized).jpg
20160419_174628_(resized).jpg
IMG_3862_(resized).JPG
IMG_3858_(resized).JPG
IMG_3861_(resized).JPG
IMG_3855_(resized).JPG
IMG_3854_(resized).JPG
IMG_3853_(resized).JPG
IMG_3852_(resized).JPG
IMG_3851_(resized).JPG
IMG_3850_(resized).JPG
storeVIKING_(resized).jpg

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

There are 198 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.
#151 7 years ago

Jeff, I see that poster 133 asked for you to produce a Sing Along/Melody stencil. I would also like one of those as well if you can ever get around to it. Also, I have a William's Derby Day that is in serious need of a new stencil kit due to the fact the original owner painted over the cabinet.

#152 7 years ago

I know that both of those machines I listed above are never going to be in "high demand", so if you do ever produce them, I would expect to have to pay more than one of your stencil kits that you are producing dozens of.

#153 7 years ago

A few SILVERBALL MANIA cabinets I painted over the last 10 days. You can see the quality of the stencil art and CLEAN peel

IMG_3850_(resized).JPGIMG_3850_(resized).JPG

IMG_3851_(resized).JPGIMG_3851_(resized).JPG

IMG_3852_(resized).JPGIMG_3852_(resized).JPG

IMG_3853_(resized).JPGIMG_3853_(resized).JPG

IMG_3854_(resized).JPGIMG_3854_(resized).JPG

IMG_3855_(resized).JPGIMG_3855_(resized).JPG

IMG_3861_(resized).JPGIMG_3861_(resized).JPG

IMG_3858_(resized).JPGIMG_3858_(resized).JPG

IMG_3862_(resized).JPGIMG_3862_(resized).JPG

#154 7 years ago

I am in the process right now of stenciling a pinbot, these PP stencils are very easy to use and I am getting good results so far...Jeff, any tips on knowing when the paint is dry enough to remove stencil? I think I have been trying to remove them too quickly and am getting sticky stretchy strands of gooey paint flying around during stencil removal and am thinking of extending the dry time...
Thanks

20160419_174628_(resized).jpg20160419_174628_(resized).jpg

#155 7 years ago

you might be getting the paint on too thick. I do whispy sprays to lay it on light and build it up. if stretchy strands, it doesn't seem dry yet. I run a fan on everything and live in FLORIDA so all my cabs dry quickly, especially when the humidity is LOW. I usually wait 2 days between colors when spraying stencils. I usually only wait about 5 minutes for the paint to tack up and then peel before the edges of the stencil dry in order to get nice clean peels.

#156 7 years ago
Quoted from PinballPimp:

you might be getting the paint on too thick. I do whispy sprays to lay it on light and build it up. if stretchy strands, it doesn't seem dry yet. I run a fan on everything and live in FLORIDA so all my cabs dry quickly. I usually wait 2 days before

Before what? Seems like your post cut off.

#157 7 years ago

1972 Bally FIREBALL is now on my site for sale. 1975 Bally WIZARD is next

storeFIREBALL_(resized).jpgstoreFIREBALL_(resized).jpg

#158 7 years ago

Oooo I bet this will be popular. Any limit on the production run? Or are you producing them one-at-a-time?

(yes... I have a '72 Fireball... how'd you guess?) ;p

#159 7 years ago
Quoted from NicoVolta:

Oooo I bet this will be popular. Any limit on the production run? Or are you producing them one-at-a-time?
(yes... I have a '72 Fireball... how'd you guess?) ;p

I cut ON DEMAND so you can order anytime you like and will receive on fresh cut paint mask!

#160 7 years ago

Well, then, send me a Jacks Open.

#161 7 years ago

Any plans for Centigrade 37 anytime soon?

#162 7 years ago
Quoted from Topcard:

Any plans for Centigrade 37 anytime soon?

Centigrade 37 will be ready by the end of the week

#163 7 years ago

I just wanted to take a moment to thank Jeff for some stellar customer service he provided. I am in the process of stenciling a Pinbot cabinet and due to my own error of not properly preparing the surface I had an adhesion problem with my final color. I reached out to Jeff on a Saturday morning via pinside message to explain my dilema, and he responded within 20 minutes.. He was kind enough to cut me A SINGLE STENCIL that same morning and get it in the mail for me at a very reasonable price. It arrived quickly and my project can move forward.

Thanks Pinball Pimp, I'm a customer for life.

#164 7 years ago

I have to say a thank you as well...We had a few Centaur rivets go (missing) from the cabinet during the sanding/buffing process of the clear coat.
Jeff was nice enough to send us a rivet stencil so it could be re done and fixed up.

Thank you

#165 7 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

due to my own error of not properly preparing the surface

what was the issue?

good to learn before I do my 1st cab restore soon

#166 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

what was the issue?
good to learn before I do my 1st cab restore soon

I believe that I sprayed the first color a bit too thick as I had gooey strands of paint fly around when I removed stencil. When I applied the second stencil and sprayed, the paint stuck to the areas where it contacted the base coat but the areas where the second color overlapped the first color it simply peeled clean off when I removed stencil. The surface of the first color was smooth as glass so the second color had no bite. My solution was to install the second stencil, then scuff up the exposed yellow with some 220 grit...this worked perfectly and the rest of the cab came out great.

pics and better narrative here...
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/first-attempt-at-cabinet-restoration-lets-see-how-it-turns-out/page/5#post-3113505

#167 7 years ago

I'm really interested to hear from Jeff on what he does inbetween colors.. if he has any adhesion issues like cosmokramer had. If it's related to the paints in use, etc.

#168 7 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

I'm really interested to hear from Jeff on what he does inbetween colors.. if he has any adhesion issues like cosmokramer had. If it's related to the paints in use, etc.

I didnt ask Jeff about it, I was just happy to find a solution to my issue. I would like to know what my exact mistake was so I dont repeat it, perhaps Jeff will chime in and let us know what the fault was...

#169 7 years ago

Not really sure about adhesion problems. I have never had anything peel like mentioned. It's all in the base color. I suggest cutting a small area of paint mask from the stencil if possible and text before trying the entire stencil. All paints are going to react differently depending on temp and humidity I let my base cabs dry for 4-5 days before I stencil. Then I usually wait at least 48 hours between stencils colors. This is what I did on the above Silverball cabinets.

#170 7 years ago

Bally WIZARD is now on my site for purchase

storeWIZARD_(resized).jpgstoreWIZARD_(resized).jpg

#171 7 years ago
Quoted from PinballPimp:

Not really sure about adhesion problems. I have never had anything peel like mentioned. It's all in the base color. I suggest cutting a small area of paint mask from the stencil if possible and text before trying the entire stencil. All paints are going to react differently depending on temp and humidity I let my base cabs dry for 4-5 days before I stencil. Then I usually wait at least 48 hours between stencils colors. This is what I did on the above Silverball cabinets.

This timeframe is what I am following as well. I plan to shoot stencil color #1 Fri. or Sat., wait 48 hours then shoot color #2.

Will wait until the next weekend (due to work / family) then use SprayMax 2K (trying to decide between the high gloss or semi-gloss)

#172 7 years ago

Any plans for Bally Kiss Stencils?

#173 7 years ago

I have beautiful KISS and ROLLING STONES stencils but am NOT ALLOWED to advertise on my site due to 3rd party licensing per Planetary.

If anyone wants a set, I charge the same amount but it will not come with a hologram serial number.

#174 7 years ago

Any plans for a Williams Honey?

#175 7 years ago

Hey Jeff,

What's your preferred paint brand for use with your stencils?

And any plans for solar fire?

Thanks!

#176 7 years ago

Jeff,
How long do you leave the stencil on after painting? Do you remove stencil while paint still wet or do you wait a couple days to completely dry then remove stencil? Your message above says says 2 days but wondering if that is with stencil still on?
Thanks

#177 7 years ago

2 days between stencils colors. I peel stencils about 5 minutes after spraying. I peel while paint is still a little tacky to avoid tears.

any enamel paint works nice. DO NOT use LACQUER as it tends to melt the stencil mask. I have never tried latex water based paints because I like using thinner based enamel. I'm sure water based would be OK but I suggest doing a TEST first.

#178 7 years ago

Any chance for Gottlieb North Star?
Mine has been painted black, I'm pretty sure I can get that off and get decent scans underneath...

#179 7 years ago

So are rattle cans doable Jeff?

#180 7 years ago
Quoted from shimoda:

So are rattle cans doable Jeff?

Am using rattle cans right now on my Meteor.

Krylon Colormaster (Banner red and Sun Yellow - gloss) and Rustoleum 2x.

As Jeff mentioned, don't put excessive coats of paint, wait for paint to dry / still be a little tacky, then lift gently.
Would also recommend to scuff between your colors (base, color 1, color 2, etc.) for better adhesion (I used gray #000 3M scratch pad gently)

#181 7 years ago
Quoted from Gryphun:

Am using rattle cans right now on my Meteor.
Krylon Colormaster (Banner red and Sun Yellow - gloss) and Rustoleum 2x.
As Jeff mentioned, don't put excessive coats of paint, wait for paint to dry / still be a little tacky, then lift gently.
Would also recommend to scuff between your colors (base, color 1, color 2, etc.) for better adhesion (I used gray #000 3M scratch pad gently)

What's the 'Colormaster 2x'? And if memory serves, you're only doing ONE spray of each color, correct?

#182 7 years ago

When using rattle cans, I find the Rustoleum in the Original WHITE cans peels better. It takes longer to dry than the 2X. You need to peel the 2X almost as soon as you get done spraying it since it dries 5x faster.

I will update my PDF Instructions page on my website to include the NEW Paint Tips page I send out with all kits.

#183 7 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

What's the 'Colormaster 2x'? And if memory serves, you're only doing ONE spray of each color, correct?

Am using several colors actually:

The first stencil on the cabinet am using Krylon Colormaster - Banner red in gloss for the meteor "fireball" section and words, "Meteor".

For the rocket portion am using Rustoleum 2x - snow gray for the fuselage and the Krylon Colormaster banner red for the rocket tip and flames being emitted from the rockets.

Second stencil on the cabinet am using Krylon Colormaster - Sun Yellow in gloss and then spraying a light coat of Krylon Glitter Blast - Golden Glow on the yellow portion only.

Middle portion of the rocket fuselage will spray rustoleum 2x in metallic blue (whole idea is to match the rocket colors on the cabinet to the rockets on the back glass).

Will post in the restoration thread when have time to organize the pictures.

#184 7 years ago
Quoted from Gryphun:

Am using several colors actually:
The first stencil on the cabinet am using Krylon Colormaster - Banner red in gloss for the meteor "fireball" section and words, "Meteor".
For the rocket portion am using Rustoleum 2x - snow gray for the fuselage and the Krylon Colormaster banner red for the rocket tip and flames being emitted from the rockets.
Second stencil on the cabinet am using Krylon Colormaster - Sun Yellow in gloss and then spraying a light coat of Krylon Glitter Blast - Golden Glow on the yellow portion only.
Middle portion of the rocket fuselage will spray rustoleum 2x in metallic blue (whole idea is to match the rocket colors on the cabinet to the rockets on the back glass).
Will post in the restoration thread when have time to organize the pictures.

Ah! Very cool! Interested in seeing this!

#185 7 years ago

Thanks for great stencils!!!

IMG_1091_(resized).JPGIMG_1091_(resized).JPG

#186 7 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

Nice job

#187 7 years ago

Jealous - fathom...

#188 7 years ago
Quoted from shimoda:

Jealous - fathom...

Well, this will really make you sick... I paid either $400 or $800 for it (can't remember which as I had two of them). That was about 8 or 9 years ago. This one has a new CPR playfield already done as well.

#189 7 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

Well, this will really make you sick... I paid either $400 or $800 for it (can't remember which as I had two of them). That was about 8 or 9 years ago. This one has a new CPR playfield already done as well.

Guess I will buy it off you for $3K then...should still make some money off it that way. Your welcome

Seriously, nice score.

#190 7 years ago
Quoted from Captive_Ball:

Guess I will buy it off you for $3K then...should still make some money off it that way. Your welcome
Seriously, nice score.

It is actually sold to my son and his partner.... $5k

#191 7 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

It is actually sold to my son and his partner.... $5k

And worth every penny!

#192 7 years ago

Beautiful!!!

Quoted from Freeplay40:

#193 7 years ago

Don't want to hear about any 400-800 dollar fathom

Seriously, with the prices these command, why on earth doesn't Rick/PPS get these made!?!

#194 7 years ago

Thank you, thank you, thank you Pinball Pimp! (Jeff) Your Fireball stencils came at the perfect time...Marco Specialties has been out of stock for quite a while and they said to look elsewhere when I contacted them. I'll be placing my order this weekend.

2 weeks later
#195 7 years ago

Working on a buddies KingPin with Pinball Pimps stencils, fantastic results...

20160522_205548_(resized).jpg20160522_205548_(resized).jpg

#196 7 years ago

Any chance you'd do stern iron maiden?

#197 7 years ago

After a minor setback concerning paint choice, I achieved wonderful results with Mr. Pimp's Six Million Dollar Man stencil set and Molotow/Montana artist spray paint. One of the most beautiful cabinet stencil packages Bally ever created.

Thanks Jeff!

20160521_152010_(resized).jpg20160521_152010_(resized).jpg

#198 7 years ago
Quoted from spiroagnew:

After a minor setback concerning paint choice, I achieved wonderful results with Mr. Pimp's Six Million Dollar Man stencil set and Molotow/Montana artist spray paint. One of the most beautiful cabinet stencil packages Bally ever created.
Thanks Jeff!

Looks like a million bucks!

Can you advise what colours you used please? I can get Molotow paint just around the corner.

Did you clear over the top?

rd

There are 198 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-pimp-premium-cabinet-stencils-available-now/page/4?hl=pinball_lizard and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.