(Topic ID: 149987)

PINBALL PIMP Premium CABINET STENCILS - AVAILABLE NOW!

By PinballPimp

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 198 posts
  • 63 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by rotordave
  • Topic is favorited by 41 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20160521_152010_(resized).jpg
20160522_205548_(resized).jpg
IMG_1091_(resized).JPG
storeWIZARD_(resized).jpg
storeFIREBALL_(resized).jpg
20160419_174628_(resized).jpg
IMG_3862_(resized).JPG
IMG_3858_(resized).JPG
IMG_3861_(resized).JPG
IMG_3855_(resized).JPG
IMG_3854_(resized).JPG
IMG_3853_(resized).JPG
IMG_3852_(resized).JPG
IMG_3851_(resized).JPG
IMG_3850_(resized).JPG
storeVIKING_(resized).jpg

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

There are 198 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.
#51 8 years ago

cna someone give a run down of what tools/process they use for doing a stencil job with these?

Once Paragon stencils are ready it will be my first one. After that will be Centaur.

#52 8 years ago

The only TOOLS you will need are a scissors or X-acto knife and some masking/frog tape... That's it! Apply the stencil, peel off pre-mask, spray your color, peel stencil, repeat for 2nd color, done!

I provide the squeegee and instructions with my kits. You can also download a PDF of my tips and instructions off my website. I also have a quick YouTube video showing how to apply a large side stencils. Just goto my site:

www.pinballpimpstencils.com

#53 8 years ago

awesome! Sounds easier than I had imagined it.

Looking forward to Paragon when it comes available. I may try to reverse or change colors on it like that Silver Centaur!

#54 8 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

awesome! Sounds easier than I had imagined it.
Looking forward to Paragon when it comes available. I may try to reverse or change colors on it like that Silver Centaur!

Yup, that is what I have planned to do for a while now on my restore if I ever get to the cabinet.

#55 8 years ago

With all the PARAGON requests, I plan to start on that design next, after I give my website some love and add a few more titles this week. PARAGON art will take me at least 2-3 weeks to complete as busy as I have been with restorations and other work lately. Hang tight... it is coming up next! I just hope everyone who says they WANT a set will actually BUY a set!

#56 8 years ago

I used this product to mask rest of cab while i sprayed...worked great
http://www.amazon.ca/Dynamic-LA21115R-Refill-21-Inch-115-Feet/dp/B00DF21324

#57 8 years ago
Quoted from PinballPimp:

I just hope everyone who says they WANT a set will actually BUY a set!

I can confrim I will be buying a set and after that one is done then Centaur.

#58 8 years ago

Already sending Sinbad, F2K, and Cleopatra scans.

#59 8 years ago
Quoted from PinballPimp:

With all the PARAGON requests, I plan to start on that design next, after I give my website some love and add a few more titles this week. PARAGON art will take me at least 2-3 weeks to complete as busy as I have been with restorations and other work lately. Hang tight... it is coming up next! I just hope everyone who says they WANT a set will actually BUY a set!

Quoted from GSones:

Hoping Paragon is the next one done. I've got one to paint.

This guy will purchase one, he is chomping at the bit!

#60 8 years ago

Photos of a PLAYBOY I restored using my stencils

GALLERY_Bally_PLAYBOY_5_(resized).jpgGALLERY_Bally_PLAYBOY_5_(resized).jpg

GALLERY_Bally_PLAYBOY_4_(resized).jpgGALLERY_Bally_PLAYBOY_4_(resized).jpg

GALLERY_Bally_PLAYBOY_3_(resized).jpgGALLERY_Bally_PLAYBOY_3_(resized).jpg

GALLERY_Bally_PLAYBOY_2_(resized).jpgGALLERY_Bally_PLAYBOY_2_(resized).jpg

GALLERY_Bally_PLAYBOY_1_(resized).jpgGALLERY_Bally_PLAYBOY_1_(resized).jpg

#61 8 years ago

Photos of a XENON I restored using my stencils

GALLERY_Bally_XENON_5_(resized).jpgGALLERY_Bally_XENON_5_(resized).jpg

GALLERY_Bally_XENON_4_(resized).jpgGALLERY_Bally_XENON_4_(resized).jpg

GALLERY_Bally_XENON_3_(resized).jpgGALLERY_Bally_XENON_3_(resized).jpg

GALLERY_Bally_XENON_2_(resized).jpgGALLERY_Bally_XENON_2_(resized).jpg

GALLERY_Bally_XENON_1_(resized).jpgGALLERY_Bally_XENON_1_(resized).jpg

#62 8 years ago

Photos of a Bobby Orr POWER PLAY I restored using my stencils

GALLERY_Bally_POWER_PLAY_5_(resized).jpgGALLERY_Bally_POWER_PLAY_5_(resized).jpg

GALLERY_Bally_POWER_PLAY_4_(resized).jpgGALLERY_Bally_POWER_PLAY_4_(resized).jpg

GALLERY_Bally_POWER_PLAY_3_(resized).jpgGALLERY_Bally_POWER_PLAY_3_(resized).jpg

GALLERY_Bally_POWER_PLAY_2_(resized).jpgGALLERY_Bally_POWER_PLAY_2_(resized).jpg

GALLERY_Bally_POWER_PLAY_1_(resized).jpgGALLERY_Bally_POWER_PLAY_1_(resized).jpg

#63 8 years ago

Photos of a STRIKES & SPARES I restored using my stencils

GALLERY_Bally_Strikes_and_Spares_5_(resized).jpgGALLERY_Bally_Strikes_and_Spares_5_(resized).jpg

GALLERY_Bally_Strikes_and_Spares_4_(resized).jpgGALLERY_Bally_Strikes_and_Spares_4_(resized).jpg

GALLERY_Bally_Strikes_and_Spares_3_(resized).jpgGALLERY_Bally_Strikes_and_Spares_3_(resized).jpg

GALLERY_Bally_Strikes_and_Spares_2_(resized).jpgGALLERY_Bally_Strikes_and_Spares_2_(resized).jpg

GALLERY_Bally_Strikes_and_Spares_1_(resized).jpgGALLERY_Bally_Strikes_and_Spares_1_(resized).jpg

#64 8 years ago

Photos of a MEDUSA I restored using my stencils

GALLERY_Bally_Medusa_5_(resized).jpgGALLERY_Bally_Medusa_5_(resized).jpg

GALLERY_Bally_Medusa_4_(resized).jpgGALLERY_Bally_Medusa_4_(resized).jpg

GALLERY_Bally_Medusa_3_(resized).jpgGALLERY_Bally_Medusa_3_(resized).jpg

GALLERY_Bally_Medusa_2_(resized).jpgGALLERY_Bally_Medusa_2_(resized).jpg

GALLERY_Bally_Medusa_1_(resized).jpgGALLERY_Bally_Medusa_1_(resized).jpg

#65 8 years ago

Such a "Thumbs up" whore you have turned into...j/k. Had to give them, those fantastic looking paint jobs on these cabs using your stencils.

Top notch

#66 8 years ago
Quoted from Captive_Ball:

Such a "Thumbs up" whore you have turned into...j/k. Had to give them, those fantastic looking paint jobs on these cabs using your stencils.
Top notch

LOL... thanks for the compliments!

#67 8 years ago

Sent these scans to Jeff - Stern Quicksilver!

Stern_Quicksilver_scan_side_(resized).jpgStern_Quicksilver_scan_side_(resized).jpg

#68 8 years ago

good job Kevin... any chance you can have acces to Flight 2000 cab to scan...

#69 8 years ago
Quoted from Redketchup:

good job Kevin... any chance you can have acces to Flight 2000 cab to scan...

Hey, Gino, 'shimoda' just mentioned above that he's sending scans: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-pimp-premium-cabinet-stencils-available-now/page/2#post-2931660

Quoted from shimoda:

Already sending Sinbad, F2K, and Cleopatra scans.

#70 8 years ago

Cool I didn't see it! thank's

#71 8 years ago

and so it begins!

paragon_side_(resized).jpgparagon_side_(resized).jpg

#72 8 years ago

I can see you've got 4 Million BC on your site but no Fireball....any chance?

#73 8 years ago

no Fireball scans at the moment. 4 Million BC for done for a client a while back.

#74 8 years ago
Quoted from PinballPimp:

and so it begins!

paragon_side_(resized).jpg

any chance you could take this image and reverse some of the colors? I am not CPU savy but would like to get a quick idea of what it woudl look like if I mixed it up for something unique/different.

I was thinking blue background color, red paragon, and yellow highlights

#75 8 years ago

here is PARAGON in 3 other color combos. Original is Top Left

paragon_4_(resized).jpgparagon_4_(resized).jpg

#76 8 years ago

NITRO GROUND SHAKER & SKATEBALL are now available on my website!

storeSKATE_(resized).jpgstoreSKATE_(resized).jpg

storeNGS_(resized).jpgstoreNGS_(resized).jpg

#77 8 years ago
Quoted from PinballPimp:

here is PARAGON in 3 other color combos. Original is Top Left

paragon_4_(resized).jpg

thanks.

for the image in the bottom left can you flip flop the blue and yellow? thanks in advance!

#79 8 years ago

Gosh, I really wish someone could provide art scans for a 8 Ball Deluxe LE.

It's looking like I'm going to have to buy the crappy cabinet stencils from Twisted.

#80 8 years ago

awesome and THANKS pinball pimp!!!

#81 8 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

Gosh, I really wish someone could provide art scans for a 8 Ball Deluxe LE.
It's looking like I'm going to have to buy the crappy cabinet stencils from Twisted.

I'd have scanned it if I knew. Will do if I get the chance.

#82 8 years ago

shimoda,

That would be awesome!!!

thank you!!!

#83 8 years ago

+ another 1 for Lost World. I have two to do.

rd

#84 8 years ago

I think Paragon would look cool with a black background, yellow/gold lion and then either the blue or red for highlight color. In any case, can't wait for the paragon stencil.

#85 8 years ago
Quoted from Xenon75:

I think Paragon would look cool with a black background, yellow/gold lion and then either the blue or red for highlight color. In any case, can't wait for the paragon stencil.

This is what I am doing with mine.

Paragon_Idea_(resized).jpgParagon_Idea_(resized).jpg

#86 8 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

+ another 1 for Lost World. I have two to do.

rd

3 LW's ==>Green light!

#87 8 years ago

I think the HEP silver Centaur has everyone thinking outside the box. Interesting....

#88 8 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

thanks.
for the image in the bottom left can you flip flop the blue and yellow? thanks in advance!

That looks awesome. Makes me want another paragon even more.

#89 8 years ago
Quoted from GSones:

I think the HEP silver Centaur has everyone thinking outside the box. Interesting....

I have planned on doing mine for a year or so like that, but ya, having Chris do something like that will at least quell the calls of abomination by the purists

#90 8 years ago
Quoted from GSones:

843b_(resized).png843b_(resized).png

#91 8 years ago

OK all you LOST WORLD fans... I will be designing this stencil set alongside Paragon. I will call it my Fantasy Series!

Now comes ALL the HOURS of cleanup. The scans were sent to me at 4x6 size. I must have had 40+ layers in Photoshop to get the side laid out.

lost_world_(resized).jpglost_world_(resized).jpg
lost_world_h_(resized).jpglost_world_h_(resized).jpg

#92 8 years ago

Try holding the scanner for that long!

Thanks Jeff.

#93 8 years ago

Yeah I know your arm must've been ready to fall off

#94 8 years ago

here is a teaser photo of the side of LOST WORLD. These should be done by mid week.

lost_world_side_(resized).jpglost_world_side_(resized).jpg

#95 8 years ago
Quoted from PinballPimp:

here is a teaser photo of the side of LOST WORLD. These should be done by mid week.

lost_world_side_(resized).jpg

Super sexy.

rd

#96 8 years ago

I see you're working on the Gottlieb deal... how's that going?
Any chance for King Pin at the top of the stack? I can provide scans.

Keep on truckin'
Phil

#97 8 years ago

What software are you guys using to patch these scans together? I just got a Paul Bunyan that will need stenciling.

#98 8 years ago

I am using Photoshop to MANUALLY stitch all scans back together to form one FULL SIZE photo. I have my line art cabinet template layer on top as a guide. Each scan gets rotated, etc. to precision. Then comes the hard part of going in manually and painting back in BLURRED lines, wood gouges, overspray or whatever is needed to create HARD EDGE lines on the art scan. Then it has to get contrasted out down to single colors. Then all go on separate layers and saved out as JPEGS. Then it is run thru a hi-end streamline trace program to turn into vector. This all usually takes me at least 2-3 hours.

Now is when the all the OTHER hours of vector cleanup, traps and bleeds come in. I lay down my vector art atop a grayed out JPEG on the bottom layer in CorelDraw (vector program). This is the program I have been designing in for over 30 years and know it blindfolded! Another 10+ hours later... BAM... A new precision stencil set gets added to the library.

UPDATE: I have received scans for GORGAR and FLIGHT 2000 and will be designing them in-between a few of the time more time consuming titles.

#99 8 years ago
Quoted from PinballPimp:

CorelDraw (vector program). This is the program I have been designing in for over 30 years and know it blindfolded!

You poor thing I kid, I kid.

#100 8 years ago
Quoted from PinballPimp:

CorelDraw (vector program). This is the program I have been designing in for over 30 years and know it blindfolded!

Yeah, I started with CorelDraw! 3 or 4 (still have the stack of 3.5" floppies somewhere. ) and still find it easier to use than Illustrator.

There are 198 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-pimp-premium-cabinet-stencils-available-now/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.