4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 94 posts
  • 54 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Breaking_Dad
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 36 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image-357.jpg
    image-211.jpg
    image-968.jpg
    image.jpg
    image-467.jpg
    image-530.jpg
    index.jpg
    IMG_155523116563974.jpeg
    image-370.jpg
    image-745.jpg
    image-792.jpg
    image-719.jpg
    image-528.jpg
    c50d23e2-03d7-423a-b77b-d085add23893.jpg
    309725cf-1e00-4427-968c-e7146586f97a.jpg
    20141118_165009-151.jpg

There are 94 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 4 years ago

That is nuts. San Diego is worth every penny seeing some of those pics.

#52 4 years ago

Today was the big dig out, cold and sunny. Gave a lot of people time to get I stranded from their vehicles. The only bad part is, round two starts tonight. Another band of lake effect starts tonigh at around 11pm over area, projected totals of 24 to 36 more inches. I have no desire to get off the couch and turn on my machines to play a game. Plowing, shoveling and helping others in my town for two days. This photo was taken last night by someone flying in to Buffalo airport, just north of the bandimage-528.jpg

#53 4 years ago

image-719.jpg

#54 4 years ago

The Bills play Sunday at 1pm vs. the Jets. Do you think 4 and a half feet of snow will stop our insane fans........nope!image-792.jpg

#55 4 years ago

After my street gets cleared of the 65 plus inches of snow, I would be down for going to the game. Lol

#56 4 years ago

Thank goodness I just picked up my first pin on Monday before the storm hit. I'm in a southern suburb of Buffalo and there is still 54" of snow in the street. Have yet to see a plow. The downside is I have probably logged over 100 games of F14. By the time I can leave the house I'm gonna want to sell my pin because I literally played the hell out of it. My day starts with snowblowing, pinball, snowblowing, pinball and all this before 10am.

#57 4 years ago

Up here in Toronto, we've got a little cold weather and some snow on the ground. Massive change from two weeks ago.
    Still, nobody's complaining too much cause we've all seen what you guys are going through.
    Hang in there! Hope you guys are all ok.

#58 4 years ago

Ahhh I remeber those days. Went to SUNY Buffalo and remember one Thanksgiving not being able to get home because the Thruways and interstates were closed. My roommate and I ate chicken nuggets , drank Labatt Blue, and played Counterstrike to celebrate Thanksgiving. And then a university plow totalled his car in its parking spot. Oh yes, the good old days.....

#59 4 years ago

So is the town basically shut down with no one going to work?

Even if they get the stadium cleared, you'd think they would still want fans to show up.

#60 4 years ago

Update here in The Buffalo area. Yesterday was a reprieve with sunny skies after dumping 65, yes I said 65 inches of snow in Erie county. So what happens last night...... We get another 24 to 36 inches. We're closing in on 100 inches of heavy snow. It's still coming down........we've been in a state of emergency for 2 days with what seems no end in sight. Roofs are starting to collapse on large businesses, trailer homes and some private homes. Most of WNY a is in gridlock. This is BAD!

#61 4 years ago
    Quoted from Gnatty:

Update here in The Buffalo area. Yesterday was a reprieve with sunny skies after dumping 65, yes I said 65 inches of snow in Erie county. So what happens last night...... We get another 24 to 36 inches. We're closing in on 100 inches of heavy snow. It's still coming down........we've been in a state of emergency for 2 days with what seems no end in sight. Roofs are starting to collapse on large businesses, trailer homes and some private homes. Most of WNY a is in gridlock. This is BAD!

so horrible. praying for you guys up there.

#62 4 years ago

My snow banks at my driveway are 8 feet tall, I did manage to find my mailbox, in case that Marco order comes of course I kid, mail hasn't nor will it be in operation for the past 3 days and the next fewimage-370.jpgimage-745.jpg

#63 4 years ago

Of course in events like this, the focus is first clearing the main arteries to hospitals etc. the problem is this storm came quick and hundreds of semi trailers and thousands of cars are stuck on the highways and roads. Plows can't clear until these vehicles are cleared. Emergency vehicle can't go anywhere. And now this, another lake effect band set up last night with 3 more feet. Never seen anything like it

#64 4 years ago
    Quoted from captainadam_21:

Nope. Only the places where the roads are impassable. I've been to work every day this week, and that is right across the street from the airport. But even today, everything south of the street I need to be on for my commute were under driving bans.

Tuesday, they closed, and sent the few of us who showed up home before 9AM. Wednesday, around 30 of us (out of about 150) made it in. Today, probably about 45 people made it in.

#65 4 years ago

Feeling bad for you guys. We get the miserable extreme cold here, but nothing that even touches snow like that. Hopefully everyone has a pantry full of soup and stew...

#66 4 years ago

Good luck guys.I experienced something similar growing up in Denver in the late 60's.8-10 foot drifts.Fun for kids not so much for the adults.I don't envy you.

#67 4 years ago

Even if they get the stadium cleared, you'd think they would still want fans to show up.

Yes! The entire southern portion of western New York is shut down. There are over 30 towns and villages under a state of emergency, illegal to be on roads, with 85 inches of snow at my house. Houses are caving in, businesses. The national guard was called in along with municipalities who weren't effecte to help with the digging out. Worst disaster I've ever been through.

#68 4 years ago

Wow...first it looks funny, but now looks like serious... :S
    Hold on!

#69 4 years ago

OMG 85" of snow... That's INSAIN.... Stay Safe...

#70 4 years ago
    Quoted from Gnatty:

with 85 inches of snow at my house.

Hang on buddy. Wow !

#71 4 years ago

Man, so hard to believe, roofs must be caving in everywhere. I'll never complain about 12-14" here in nj again.

#72 4 years ago

Crazy

IMG_155523116563974.jpeg
    #73 4 years ago

Damn. A roof collapse during a snow storm sounds awful. Anybody have A Frames in Buffalo?

index.jpg

#74 4 years ago

You guys in Buff are gonna need rafts, boats, canoes and life jackets! I hope nobody goes down into a flooded basement with the power still on.... that would be shocking to say the least.

#75 4 years ago
    #76 4 years ago
    Quoted from Gnatty:

The Bills play Sunday at 1pm vs. the Jets. Do you think 4 and a half feet of snow will stop our insane fans........nope!

The Bills want to hire 500 fans to do triple shifts to shovel out the snow so they can play Sunday.

I hope you all stay safe and don't lose power. Good luck all and I hope it warms up soon so the streets are clear for Thanksgiving.

#77 4 years ago

I live in East Aurora, this was the projection totals from yesterday. They were a little low on the predictions. I've never experienced anything like this. It's an absolute war zone out there. It will take a week to dig outimage-530.jpg

#78 4 years ago
    Quoted from Pinfidel:

The Bills want to hire 500 fans to do triple shifts to shovel out the snow so they can play Sunday.
    I hope you all stay safe and don't lose power. Good luck all and I hope it warms up soon so the streets are clear for Thanksgiving.

Ralph Wilson stadium has been deemed unplayable. Game will be played in a different city. There is 5 feet of compacted image-467.jpgsnow inside that bowl and 65,000 seats. It's 10 minutes away from me

#79 4 years ago

NFL's own Adam Schefter just said they're playing in Detroit.

#80 4 years ago

I can't believe what I'm seeing on the news. I feel damn fortunate my little part of Mi has only received about 5". If I had to clear 5' of snow from the roof I'd have a heart attack for sure.

#81 4 years ago

Holy crap. Maybe I'll got to the game in Detroit on Sunday and root for the Bills.

#82 4 years ago

The problem with 85 inches of snow is there is nowhere to put it. When shoveling, it has to be tossed onto the pile next to you…that is 85 inches tall. Snow plows can't push it. It has to be scooped into trucks and driven away.

#83 4 years ago

I was in Buffalo about 15 years ago, right after they got 6ft of snow. I remember a closed K-Mart where they filled the parking lot with snow. People were skiing off the roof and through the lot. People posted flags where the light polls were so you could ski around them, as the pile was higher than the light polls.

#84 4 years ago
    Quoted from Gnatty:

The Bills play Sunday at 1pm vs. the Jets. Do you think 4 and a half feet of snow will stop our insane fans........nope!

I just heard that it will take at least 3 full days to clear the football stadium and parking lots of the 220,000 tons of snow!

Just how much do clouds really weigh?

#85 4 years ago

Man that's just crazy what you guys are dealing with there!

Here in NE MI we only had a slight dusting, and I live just 6 blocks from Lake Huron. But the north, west and southern parts of this state have had their dose of the white stuff.

Good luck to you guys!

#86 4 years ago

Good luck to our Friends up North with 6+ feet of snow.
    Stay Warm......

#87 4 years ago

Wow. Those are unbelievable pics. I grew up in MN, and had my fair share of snow -- but nothing even close to that lake effect snow.

Stay safe and warm!

#88 4 years ago

So what are they saying will happen when you guys get 60 degree weather next week?

#89 4 years ago

So what are they saying will happen when you guys get 60 degree weather next week?

Check your sump pump!

#90 4 years ago

Stay safe

#91 4 years ago
    Quoted from DylanFan71:

Holy crap. Maybe I'll go to the game in Detroit on Sunday and root for the Bills.

I heard the tickets are free---just call Ford Field.

#92 4 years ago

This is really scary for you guys. You'll need to spend the next day clearing off your roof so the house doesn't collapse, the following day will be needed to move everything from your basement into the upstairs. There's going to be massive flooding.

A years worth of snow in one day. The ground is frozen. The temp is rising, the snows going to get heavy. By Monday it will +20deg c, and raining. A lot of this is going to melt and flooding will happen.

#93 4 years ago

Weird you almost can not tell it happened. I live in East Aurora and we had 2 feet plus, i managed to blow my driveway with a 36" cut thrower. Burning up a belt, breaking a shear pin, with slushy frozen base and oak leafs mixed in. Ran out of gas and driving bans. Then over 3 more feet of snow the next day, i had given up we were locked in. Well lucky enough a nearby neighbor had a large tractor with a front loader and freed us up. Warmer with light rain yesterday now today 50plus degree day with rain and you would never know what just happened the snow rapidly melting.

Now folks in certain places have to worry about flooding, along with a ton of structural damage. Not an issue where i am at and i was shoveling off the lower pitched areas of our home.

I tried to stop by an advanced auto today and well the store was closed due to roof safety issues. I hit a couple stretches of road (few hundred yards) where the roads were covered with 3 or 4 inches of water. Lots of high winds and flooding now!

It was a monster snowfall for sure!

Oh and today while driving two massive huge columns of rainbow. I pulled over for a minute just to admire. They were crazy sharp almost like TV test patterns but not fussy this was natures High Def.

Now saturated grounds, flooding and high winds means more power outages to come for sure.

Yeah i saw two small police boats being towed (just in case staging?) kind of unusual to see.

And just think this is just the beginning of winter, only another 4 months to go!

OH and thanks Detroit for helping Buffalo Bills fans out!

#94 4 years ago

image.jpgimage-968.jpgimage-211.jpgimage-357.jpg

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 38.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 15.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Metal-Mods
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 8,000.00
    $ 199.99
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 137.00
    $ 68.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    PinWorlds
    $ 4.95
    Apparel - Unisex
    ULEKstore
    $ 10.00
    Electronics
    Third Coast Pinball
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Lighting - Under Cabinet
    Rock Custom Pinball
    $ 69.00
    $ 69.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Hookedonpinball.com
    $ 14.95
    Playfield - Other
    Hookedonpinball.com
    $ 5,599.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    $ 16.95
    Playfield - Protection
    ULEKstore
    $ 35.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Bright Lights Pinball
    $ 399.99
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Top-Notch Target Shields
    Cabinet - Other
    Rock Custom Pinball
    $ 44.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 189.99
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    There are 94 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside