(Topic ID: 109937)

(Edit)Snow....in Buffalo, NY...WOW!

By Gnatty

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image-357.jpg
    image-211.jpg
    image-968.jpg
    image.jpg
    image-467.jpg
    image-530.jpg
    index.jpg
    IMG_155523116563974.jpeg
    image-370.jpg
    image-745.jpg
    image-792.jpg
    image-719.jpg
    image-528.jpg
    c50d23e2-03d7-423a-b77b-d085add23893.jpg
    309725cf-1e00-4427-968c-e7146586f97a.jpg
    20141118_165009-151.jpg
    There are 94 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 9 years ago

If anyone wants to come over and play some pinball, come on over! The only thing is you have to get through this to get into my house. The snow started last night at 10 pm or so, 36 inches later, here's what we got when opening the garage door this morning. The lake effect snow band is still dumping about 3 inches an hour with some winds in the south towns of Buffalo where I live.image.jpgimage.jpg

#2 9 years ago

Crap, I don't know how you guys manage with that lake effects snow every year. Is it the wet heavy crap?

#3 9 years ago

Yep, about 3 inches of slushy snow on the bottom followed by thick lake effect of 30 + inches overnight. Nearly impossible to snow blow, but I got it done. Then did my wife's driveway at work so she could get home from her overnight shift. Snow day for about 30 school districts and driving bans in about twenty towns, it's currently illegal to drive in the southern half of western New York! We are used to this but man, it's bad.

#4 9 years ago

A quick update on the tournament today here at my house, I won the first one! I registered a 76,000,000 on Metallica, no one else showed up so I'll start another one at noon.

#5 9 years ago

Now this is my kind of party. At least the beer will be cold!

#6 9 years ago

Checking in from the South in Fredonia.

We've been getting hit now for about 3 hours. Getting what you guys got overnight.

Fun stuff. Good luck with the tourney Neil!

#7 9 years ago

I grew up in Williamsville so I know firsthand how out of control the snow can be. It's part of the charm of the area and I miss it. Looking forward to coming home for Thanksgiving, catching a Sabres game and trying to get my Dad's Bobby Orr up and running.

#8 9 years ago

S37VEN, if you need any Bally boards to get it up and running, I have a few to see if you can get it going

#9 9 years ago
    Quoted from S37VEN:

I grew up in Williamsville...

Is that like Bally-Williamsville?

#10 9 years ago

So this is my view out the front door. I live about the same distance North of Buffalo that the OP lives South of Buffalo. The sad part is I couldn't even get to his house if I wanted to as all the major routes are closed. photo.JPGphoto.JPG

#11 9 years ago

For those that haven't experienced a lake effect band, these pics taken today from a plane over the city should explain it all! These are looking south of the city of Buffalo.image-399.jpgimage-399.jpgimage-150.jpgimage-150.jpgimage-176.jpgimage-176.jpg

image.jpgimage.jpg
    #12 9 years ago

Well, I'm 2 for 2, took the top spot on Diner with a score of 13,000,000. Unfortunately I was the only on once again. Tournament has been officially cancelled.

#13 9 years ago

That's crazy. I'd move before a ball saver expired!

#14 9 years ago

Our corporate HQ is in Buffalo. The first time I had to fly in they got 6 feet of snow the day before. I'm from cold country (Wisconsin). I'd never consider moving to Buffalo. You seem, to get hit once or twice a winter every year.

#15 9 years ago

Yep, cold artic air from the north swoops northeast over Lake Erie that is not frozen over yet and boom. They're talking by Friday, areas near and including me could cap out at 60 inches!

#16 9 years ago

This is exactly why my Dad moved the family to the Silicon Valley back in 1970. He was exhausted from the relentless Buffalo weather after 40 years! Have fun gentleman, stay warm!!

#17 9 years ago
    Quoted from Gnatty:

S37VEN, if you need any Bally boards to get it up and running, I have a few to see if you can get it going

I may take you up on that! Last I checked a few years ago, there was some corrosion on the boards. I got the machine to power up and kick out a ball. Flippers were weak and then it died. The machine hasn't been played in well over a decade. Though I've gotten a bit better in the last couple years on pin repair I fear this still may be over my head. I'll probably post some pics on Pinside and I'll be sure to look you up Gnatty!

Good luck to all in Buffalo enduring an early season storm!

#18 9 years ago

The snow has stayed along the lakeshore here. If it comes south we're screwed. So you can keep it!

I imagine that getting a pin through there would be easier than moving one up your staircase.

#19 9 years ago

"Just grab a six pack and stay home!"

/JimmyGriffin

#20 9 years ago
    Quoted from Mank:

So this is my view out the front door. I live about the same distance North of Buffalo that the OP lives South of Buffalo. The sad part is I couldn't even get to his house if I wanted to as all the major routes are closed.

photo.JPG 62 KB

Same view at my house, but what do you expect, we're practically neighbors, lol

#21 9 years ago

Meet me at Pocketeer Bret? West Seneca is getting it the worse. They're estimating 70 inches there by Thursday!

#22 9 years ago

I am very jealous. I am ready for a huge dumping of snow and my wife is also pumped for the first big snow in of the year. It will make me happy to see her happy.

Looking forward to a day where we are both hopefully snowed in and have no options but to stay home, get buzzed, hump, and play pinball all day.

#23 9 years ago

Yeah, I'm not going anywhere today, lol. It's pretty bad around Clinton St, from what I'm hearing. I like it just fine where I'm at with so little snow the grass is poking through, but the threat alone was enough for them to send us home from work. One little wind shift can change everything in a hurry.

#24 9 years ago

Born & raised but left town a while ago. Great food, heartbreaking sports teams & lake effect snow is what gives us our character I 'll always miss the first two but not the latter! Good luck digging out

#25 9 years ago

Been blue skies at my house all day, but this shot out my back window shows how close the band is.

blueskies.jpgblueskies.jpg

#26 9 years ago

I'll be at your house shortly....and me and my son are in for pocketeer..... .....just another day in Buffalo.........Joeyimage.jpgimage.jpgimage-370.jpgimage-370.jpgimage-149.jpgimage-149.jpgimage-289.jpgimage-289.jpgimage-855.jpgimage-855.jpgimage-974.jpgimage-974.jpgimage-510.jpgimage-510.jpgimage-934.jpgimage-934.jpgimage-577.jpgimage-577.jpg

#27 9 years ago

What;s wrong with you people...why aren't you in shorts LOL.

#28 9 years ago

^^^^^Winds stay to the north!!!! PLEASE!!! ^^^^^

#29 9 years ago
    Quoted from Breaking_Dad:

I'll be at your house shortly....and me and my son are in for pocketeer..... .....just another day in Buffalo

What the dog's thoughts on all the snow?

That 4th picture you posted looks like a Sasquatch.

#30 9 years ago
    Quoted from Gnatty:

A quick update on the tournament today here at my house, I won the first one! I registered a 76,000,000 on Metallica, no one else showed up so I'll start another one at noon.

You should have gone 4 player.....then you would have had competition..

#31 9 years ago

The winds really worked out for us today. I am between Syracuse and Rochester and we haven't seen a single flurry today. Sun was shining bright earlier. Usually the winds will bring it down off Lake Ontario and hit us with the lake effect but today its blowing it NE off the lake into the Watertown area.

#32 9 years ago

I just snowblowed for the fifth time today, every time the plows go by, 12 inches of compact snow at the end of driveway and 5 inches in the driveway. Every hour or so, I'm exhausted! Down to the game room for a game or 15, of EBD! The National Guard has been dispatched to southern erie county to help out in this state of emergency. 30 mile an hour winds don't help either!

#33 9 years ago

And yes, I spent about 15 minutes blowing 3 feet or road plowings in front of my mailbox, expecting a Marco order! image.jpgimage.jpg

#34 9 years ago
    Quoted from Gnatty:

image.jpg 36 K

What the heck's under that snow? Your restored Sherman tank?

BTW I guess we could have an on-line Pinside tournament. Heading to the basement to beat you on ST..........

#35 9 years ago

Talking 7 ft in some spots. Pretty crazy considering it is going to be 60 degrees next tues. I have nothing....yet...but it is coming.

#36 9 years ago

Driving to Buffalo next Wednesday for Turkey Day is going to be interesting! Stay warm folks.

#37 9 years ago

Hearing Lancaster clocked in at 70"...and still has a day or so left of this. Kinda glad I move North a year ago.

Picked a good week to be in Boston...providing I can eventually get home

#38 9 years ago

60 degrees by Monday - then you can float to work . . .

#39 9 years ago

This says it all.....image-785.jpgimage-785.jpg

image.jpgimage.jpg
    #40 9 years ago

Some of us in Colorado are totally jealous of all your snow!

#41 9 years ago

You can have it. When it's all said and done, some towns in my area will hit 90 inches by Friday when it subsides. Then warmer temps and rain forecasted for the weekend. Not good!

#42 9 years ago

Got about a foot at my place so far, nothing too bad. Just a few miles south in the village they've got something like 40" though. Just another winter in WNY!

#44 9 years ago

Pic inside a train headed to Syracuse yesturday 20141118_165009-151.jpg20141118_165009-151.jpg

#45 9 years ago

Gnatty ,be careful .A lot of structural weight to worry about as I'm sure you know. Good luck on the dig out.

#46 9 years ago
    Quoted from Gnatty:

This says it all.....

So what do you do when you get 70 inches of snow? Is it possible for plows to plow the streets? How do you dig out of that much snow? What it gets warm next week will all of it melt?

I used to live in Cleveland, which is right on the edge of the snow belt and it sucked. I then moved a few miles south to Akron and they got a fraction of the snow. It was worth the increased risk of getting robbed to decrease the amount of snow.

#47 9 years ago

A few more pics

309725cf-1e00-4427-968c-e7146586f97a.jpg309725cf-1e00-4427-968c-e7146586f97a.jpg
    c50d23e2-03d7-423a-b77b-d085add23893.jpgc50d23e2-03d7-423a-b77b-d085add23893.jpg

#48 9 years ago

Time to move to Tucson.....

#49 9 years ago

Holy shit ! and i'm complaining its cold here ! LOL

Hope you guys fair well with the weight of all that snow, roofs etc..

And be careful of other stupid drivers....

#50 9 years ago

Being from the Oswego, NY area, my thoughts are with you guys in the frozen agony and enjoyment in pin.

I have forearms like Popeye's from years of shoveling as a kid. The day I was born, was a lake effect / blizzard event.

There are 94 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-party-todayin-buffalo-ny/page/1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.