(Topic ID: 100554)

Pinball Party Stats : Gilligan's Island will now go up in value :)

By Max_Badazz

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 13 posts
  • 10 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by VanManDan
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

ACDC_luci_car.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Max_Badazz.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 9 years ago

So I hosted a pinball party/tourney for some friends of mine......there were 20 people and all are pin owners/players (not a casual..."what is a pinball machine?" crowd) who average 40+ in age (not a kids party). I reset the audits so I could see what everyone was playing. That morning I had just brought in my new ACDC Luci game so I thought for sure that would be the hit. Anyways, the results surprise me a bit. Gilligan's Island was the hit....very positive feedback on how fun it was, the theme, and how the combination of simple rules and a brutal ball drain made it exciting to play.

Of all the games in my collection....Gilligan's F**king Island was the hit....the cheapest game there

I am now declaring GI to be a $3k+ game in worth, so to all the GI owners out there....You're Welcome

Here's the results:
    Gilligan's Island: 64
    CSI : 59
    Iron Gaga: 58 - Iron Gaga was IM hacked with Lady Gaga music, text and playfield/cabinet graphics
    ACDC Luci: 48
    Super Mario Bros: 43
    Rollercoaster Tycoon: 41
    Theatre of Magic: 40
    Jackbot: 39
    Indiana Jones 4(Stern): 32
    Tron LE: 30
    Cirqus Voltaire: 29
    Ripleys BION: 29
    Pirates OTC: 25
    Transformers LE: 23

Not even new to the collection hot cartoon Luci with awesome band music could beat out Mary Ann and Ginger

ACDC_luci_car.jpgACDC_luci_car.jpg
    #3 9 years ago
    Quoted from jalpert:

I don't think most people play GI all that much.

There's not a lot of GI's around. I just found it funny that a bunch of pinball people were going after GI instead of Tron or even ACDC.

#9 9 years ago
    Quoted from Rum-Z:

I always drain before I can get all the required Lava Seltzer into Kona, which always infuriates me, LOL

I'm the same way....pisses me off (always like one coconut left)

#10 9 years ago
    Quoted from Pinchroma:

Ok i have to see the Iron Gaga pin.. Post pics please. That sounds like a train wreck

I am going to start a new thread with that.....long story short...its been a running joke about what crappy music will I put in one of my Sterns (Tron, IM, TF, etc). Ideally I wanted Tron to be the Carpenters. I had done the change to IM already giving it all ACDC music....I then bought Luci so its no longer needed. I thought what else is so stupid, it will be funny to play..... Ironman meets Lady Gaga was born. I ripped some music from an online site, edited it in, then change the text on the DMD......then to make it even more crazy, I had my wife print out some Gaga pics I got from google images (like her wearing the meat dress and a big face to put on the backglass).

It actually came out great.....my daughters of course love it now (so that means it stays for a while). I will post tonight some pics and stick a youtube vid up

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Max_Badazz.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-party-stats-gilligans-island-will-now-go-up-in-value?tu=Max_Badazz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.