Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by Joe_Blasi
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 9 years ago

A pinball collector from Lombard, Il. who loaned 45 ems to pinball expo is having a party on November 29 from 6p-midnight. All pinsiders are invited !!

We may run some tournaments if you are interested and we will order some pizza if you are willing to donate. He has approximately 50 games total up and running in his basement. You must RSVP me to attend and I can answer questions or provide more details if you like. Thanks and hope to see you there.

#2 9 years ago

Cool the last few time I was there it was fun. We should do a survivor tournament the last one there was a lot of fun.

#3 9 years ago

morning bump !!

#4 9 years ago

evening bump

#5 9 years ago

I'm a maybe, baby

#6 9 years ago

Count me in! Awesome collection of games to play.

#7 9 years ago

sunday morning bump

#9 9 years ago

I'm in

#10 9 years ago
    Quoted from out_of_order:

A pinball collector from Lombard, Il. who loaned 45 ems to pinball expo is having a party on November 29 from 6p-midnight. He has approximately 50 games total up and running in his basement.

54 pins, 51 of them e&m and 3 early solid state (Gorgar, Kiss, Firepower). All in very good to excellent condition. It was GREAT! I'm old, so I got to play a ton of pins from my college days. I thought sure my son would be bored by the e&m pins, but we played 4.5 hours non-stop, no breaks, no sitting down. When we got in the car to go home his comment was "it was great, but my legs are killing me!". So many of them had action going on in the head, which he liked. So many of them had banks of drop targets, which he also liked. At first he couldn't figure out how to start the games. Then the pins where you had to push the ball in play stumped him too. I showed him how to get multiball on the early add-a-ball games, he loved it!

We pretty much played every single game (Gorgar was turned off). I think I encountered 1 flipper that wasn't working. Otherwise, 51 e&m's, all 100% working.

There was also a toilet out in the open. BangerJay was the only one, how shall I say, "comfortable enough with his body" to use it. LIONMAN!

There was a Cannes pin by Segasa (???). It was the fastest playing e&m pin I've ever played. Played as fast as a current pin.

I've had game parties and I know the preparation involved. And then to let a bunch of strangers in to bang on your games. Dave thanks for setting up the invite. John, much thanks for opening your game room and hosting. GREAT TIME!

Joe (joemagiera at ameritech dot net)
    [email protected]

#11 9 years ago

Hahaha
    LIONMAN!

Post edited by bangerjay: Needed more LIONMAN

#12 9 years ago

It was fun there and he also has the few games that are not setup yet as well.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-party-november-29-lombard-il and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.