(Topic ID: 23521)

Pinball Party in VA?

By Jeremecium

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Road-Trip.gif
    #1 11 years ago

OK, people. Is anyone around Virginia planning a pinball party soon? I have four pins, but no way to transport them to add to the line-up at a party. I am certainly willing to bring drinks and food, though. I live in Richmond and am trying to connect with a few other pinheads that are within an hour or two of me to hang out sometimes and play some pinball

Cheers,
    Jeremy

#2 11 years ago

Jeremy:

I hope to have one either late Sept or early Oct. I should have my CC and MB in by then and I hope my restored F14 as well. Might even sneak a Pinball Magic in also.

It would be good to have you Richmond guys up.

Dan

#3 11 years ago

I am looking forward to it, Dan. Keep in touch.

#4 11 years ago

I'm in Warrenton VA and would be interested in getting together at some point too!

#5 11 years ago

Don't forget me!

#6 11 years ago

There are a couple of us in the Richmond area. I'm actually in Richmond, a friend of mine is in Chesterfield. Would be nice to have some people by to play my measly two pin lineup

#7 11 years ago
    Quoted from MrWizzo:

Jeremy:
    I hope to have one either late Sept or early Oct. I should have my CC and MB in by then and I hope my restored F14 as well. Might even sneak a Pinball Magic in also.
    Dan

Wow, talk about mixing things up a bit!

#8 11 years ago

im up in Baltimore but been looking for some other people interested in pinball

#9 11 years ago

I can see a party building just in this thread!

#10 11 years ago

I'm definitely interested.

#11 11 years ago
    Quoted from herg:

Wow, talk about mixing things up a bit!

I have you to thank!

Dan

#12 11 years ago

I in no way take blame for your actions.

#13 11 years ago

Going to post a thread with Date.

Dan

#14 11 years ago
    Quoted from herg:

I in no way take blame for your actions.

No blame, just the responsibility of being emulated!

Dan

#15 11 years ago
    Quoted from oopsallberrys:

Pinballerchef is up by BWI. Maybe you guys can swing down together.

Dan

#16 11 years ago
    Quoted from MrWizzo:

Jeremy:
    Dan

Love what you've done with the lineup Dan. Not that it wasn't great but MB and F-14 are high on my list. Never played CC. Can't wait! As always, I'm here if you need anything.

#17 11 years ago

I drove to Reston ,Va to get an IJ , lOOk's to be about a 4 1/2 hr ride to MrWizzo 's pad ..

I need a small plane like Cointaker has .

#18 11 years ago
    Quoted from BLACK_ROSE:

I drove to Reston ,Va to get an IJ , lOOk's to be about a 4 1/2 hr ride to MrWizzo 's pad ..

Yeah, I think I'm closer to you B_R than I am to most of the VA Pinsiders. Let's just throw a bash at biglaw's place lol. He needs some dust knocked off his machines (I kid, I kid).

#19 11 years ago
    Quoted from BLACK_ROSE:

B_R,
    Lexington is not too far for me to travel for an awesome pinball binge.

#20 11 years ago
    Quoted from BLACK_ROSE:

Yeah, but you COULD add to your helmeted photo collection.

Quoted from kevinleedrum:

Yeah, I think I'm closer to you B_R than I am to most of the VA Pinsiders.

My daughter went to Tech. Man, four hours on I-81 is enough to make you blow your brains out!

Dan

#21 11 years ago

I'm down to travel VA to play pins anywhere! Sign me up!

#22 11 years ago

Im in!

#23 11 years ago

I'm in if I can get away and get up there for a bit.

#24 11 years ago

Seems like VA is where all the action is at.

#25 11 years ago
    Quoted from oopsallberrys:

Hey oops.....as Dan said I am in the area and always looking for new pinheads. There is even a league near the BWI airport if you are interested that I play in....great meeting spot!

And I would definitely make the drive up to hang out at Dans place.....we have met and he's a cool guy to just bs with....plus a recommended flyers fan

#26 11 years ago

Dan, u know i will be there with Brz!

#27 11 years ago

Any pinheads in NoVa?

#28 11 years ago

I'm just outside Richmond and try to have people over pretty regularly. Hope to soon as it should settle down with the kids back in school. My collection is pretty small but but everything plays well.

If around the Richmond and wanting to play drop me a PM. I already have Jeremy's info and just need to nail down a date.

@Hugh- you finish your bathroom? Ready for some pinball?

#29 11 years ago
    Quoted from TaylorVA:

I'm just outside Richmond and try to have people over pretty regularly. Hope to soon as it should settle down with the kids back in school. My collection is pretty small but but everything plays well.
    If around the Richmond and wanting to play drop me a PM. I already have Jeremy's info and just need to nail down a date.
    @Hugh- you finish your bathroom? Ready for some pinball?

Taylor:

It would be great if you could make it up here. I hope you can.

Dan

#30 11 years ago

I will try to keep all updated on

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/va-pinball-party-929?replies=10#post-382271

Feel free to contact me by PM.

Dan

#31 11 years ago
    Quoted from Skyemont:

Dan, u know i will be there with Brz!

Cool! Brz can show us all up on CC! And you, you just show up!

Dan

#32 11 years ago

Southern VA here. Just north of Martinsville.

#33 11 years ago

Sign me up!

#34 11 years ago

Richmond here - sounds like a good time.

#35 11 years ago

SPeD66 , Maybe I could drive to yr place , then we could Hook up with Skyemount & Brz and follow them to MrWizzo 's pad. Sound's like a plan to me.. I'd have to crash somewhere -n- b-tween tho

Road-Trip !!!!!!

Road-Trip.gifRoad-Trip.gif

#36 11 years ago

I'm only 1.5 hours north of you B_R. Five hours one way to MrWizzo's from my place.
    I love pinball as much as the next pinhead & MrW has a great lineup but...

#37 11 years ago

If it helped, I could change the time to later, maybe 3 or 4.

Our finished basement where the games are has a full bath and shower, a sofa bed that I throw a futon mattress on and we have a couple aerobeds that could be set up down there.

So I could put a couple guys up for the night, just don't know know if I could put up with a couple of you guys for the night!

Dan

#38 11 years ago

I get off work at 6 so a later start means when I stop by things are still going. I raced to Hergs twice but everyone had. Urned out and left by the time I can show up. Will certainly give it a shot.

#39 11 years ago

It would be good if everyone who is interested send me their email, so I can do an update to all, or is it best to just to it on PS?

Dan

#40 11 years ago

Is this for Herndon or a Richmond area meet up? I am totally into a Richmond one as it's about an hour for me. Herndon is a little haul.

#41 11 years ago

Check the UPDATE thread for complete info. Herndon.

Dan

#42 11 years ago
    Quoted from MrWizzo:

Did you clean out my room so you have space for the new pins? I'm all for filling that basement with pins.

#43 11 years ago

I'm having some people over Sept 15th. Won't be as big as what Dan is doing as I only have 7 games but if anyone in The Richmond area is interested drop me a line. Would prob be able to start around 6-7pm.

#44 11 years ago
    Quoted from IckinItwit:

Did you clean out my room so you have space for the new pins? I'm all for filling that basement with pins.

The idea of turning your room into an exercise room did not go over real well with Mom, and it led to the unavoidable question of "How many pins do you need?"

We had a calm discussion, and I am letting the idea germinate. I think she is afraid you will feel homeless without your room here.

Dad

#45 11 years ago
    Quoted from MrWizzo:

The idea of turning your room into an exercise room did not go over real well with Mom, and it led to the unavoidable question of "How many pins do you need?"
    We had a calm discussion, and I am letting the idea germinate. I think she is afraid you will feel homeless without your room here.
    Dad

Dan, I know where he can get a job when he finishes his MSEE and then he would not need to move back in, but of course the MS is probably overkill

#46 11 years ago
    Quoted from DCFAN:

Dan, I know where he can get a job when he finishes his MSEE and then he would not need to move back in, but of course the MS is probably overkill

Steve:

Thanks. He is actually part owner of a hitech company that got funded from a project he and a couple other students did as their senior research project with the professor who instructed the class. It has to do with a node tracking wireless system that runs on zigbee networks.

http://www.buzbynetworks.com/

They seem to making some good headway. So he has a job, but not the payoff yet!

How did you do at the Borgata?

Dan

#47 11 years ago
    Quoted from MrWizzo:

Steve:
    Thanks. He is actually part owner of a hitech company that got funded from a project he and a couple other students did as their senior research project with the professor who instructed the class. It has to do with a node tracking wireless system that runs on zigbee networks.
    http://www.buzbynetworks.com/
    They seem to making some good headway. So he has a job, but not the payoff yet!
    How did you do at the Borgata?
    Dan

I guess we had fun....losing money

That project your son is working on is interesting. Maybe retailers could tag all of their merchandise cheaply and avoid theft almost 100%.

3 weeks later
    #48 11 years ago
    Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

I get off work at 6 so a later start means when I stop by things are still going. I raced to Hergs twice but everyone had. Urned out and left by the time I can show up. Will certainly give it a shot.

David:

There will still be plenty of time to make dinner and pin out. Hope to see you.

Dan

#49 11 years ago

Dan, et al.,

You guys have fun! Wish I could make it!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-party-in-va and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.