(Topic ID: 222269)

Pinball Parts War 2018

By greatwichjohn

5 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 5 years ago

Interesting year with the big players going full out on each other. I know see that this will be the end of my parts supply in 2019. Had no idea CPR was going to start again with glass already produced by my contractor & myself for years using flatbed OCE uv inkjet printer. Same glass I do are also mostly done by BGresto when he started. It is very hard to get the superior UPS discount rates that CPR has with mass pinball parts production.

My congrats to all the big players wanting to dominate the market. I have no problems winding down my part time business. People were surprised at Pintastic when I spoke of my interest to make my own pinball machines in 2019. Similar to classic early electronic Bally & Stern Pinball 1978 - 1982.

I will be talking to my distributors about ending my supply. So it looks like my main focus is finishing a very limited run of Seawitch & Star Gazer playfields this year. John Greatwich - Great Pinball

#2 5 years ago

It was a fun run John. ! Onto other things.

#3 5 years ago
    Quoted from greatwichjohn:

Interesting year with the big players going full out on each other. I know see that this will be the end of my parts supply in 2019. Had no idea CPR was going to start again with glass already produced by my contractor & myself for years using flatbed OCE uv inkjet printer. Same glass I do are also mostly done by BGresto when he started. It is very hard to get the superior UPS discount rates that CPR has with mass pinball parts production.
    My congrats to all the big players wanting to dominate the market. I have no problems winding down my part time business. People were surprised at Pintastic when I spoke of my interest to make my own pinball machines in 2019. Similar to classic early electronic Bally & Stern Pinball 1978 - 1982.
    I will be talking to my distributors about ending my supply. So it looks like my main focus is finishing a very limited run of Seawitch & Star Gazer playfields this year. John Greatwich - Great Pinball

In all fairness, you were low volume and very long lead time. Having to contract out different aspects of your builds didn't help. Cpr does all the engineering in house.

1 week later
    #4 5 years ago

Stern Classic Glass to USA only. Any same title I do (for many years now), & CPR will be priced matched (glass & shipping). I will end my production when my box sets are all gone. So far Seawitch, & Nineball have been announced by CPR.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-parts-war-2018 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.