1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by greatwichjohn
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 1 year ago

Interesting year with the big players going full out on each other. I know see that this will be the end of my parts supply in 2019. Had no idea CPR was going to start again with glass already produced by my contractor & myself for years using flatbed OCE uv inkjet printer. Same glass I do are also mostly done by BGresto when he started. It is very hard to get the superior UPS discount rates that CPR has with mass pinball parts production.

My congrats to all the big players wanting to dominate the market. I have no problems winding down my part time business. People were surprised at Pintastic when I spoke of my interest to make my own pinball machines in 2019. Similar to classic early electronic Bally & Stern Pinball 1978 - 1982.

I will be talking to my distributors about ending my supply. So it looks like my main focus is finishing a very limited run of Seawitch & Star Gazer playfields this year. John Greatwich - Great Pinball

#2 1 year ago

It was a fun run John. ! Onto other things.

#3 1 year ago
    Quoted from greatwichjohn:

Interesting year with the big players going full out on each other. I know see that this will be the end of my parts supply in 2019. Had no idea CPR was going to start again with glass already produced by my contractor & myself for years using flatbed OCE uv inkjet printer. Same glass I do are also mostly done by BGresto when he started. It is very hard to get the superior UPS discount rates that CPR has with mass pinball parts production.
    My congrats to all the big players wanting to dominate the market. I have no problems winding down my part time business. People were surprised at Pintastic when I spoke of my interest to make my own pinball machines in 2019. Similar to classic early electronic Bally & Stern Pinball 1978 - 1982.
    I will be talking to my distributors about ending my supply. So it looks like my main focus is finishing a very limited run of Seawitch & Star Gazer playfields this year. John Greatwich - Great Pinball

In all fairness, you were low volume and very long lead time. Having to contract out different aspects of your builds didn't help. Cpr does all the engineering in house.

1 week later
    #4 1 year ago

Stern Classic Glass to USA only. Any same title I do (for many years now), & CPR will be priced matched (glass & shipping). I will end my production when my box sets are all gone. So far Seawitch, & Nineball have been announced by CPR.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 5.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Doc's Pinball Shop
    $ 54.99
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 3.00
    Various Other Swag
    Project Pinball Charity
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 36.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    bB Customs
    $ 26.95
    $ 109.99
    $ 20.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Metal-Mods
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 79.99
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    $ 15.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Metal-Mods
    $ 119.95
    Boards
    Allteksystems
    $ 199.95
    Cabinet - Toppers
    COINTAKER.COM
    $ 4.49
    Electronics
    Yorktown Arcade Supply
    $ 7,199.00
    Pinball Machine
    Operation Pinball
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Pinball Mod Co.
    $ 20.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Filament Printing
    $ 29.95
    Apparel - Unisex
    The GameRoom Store
    $ 25.00
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 19.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 183.97
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    Pinball-Mods.com
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside