Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 20 posts
  • 13 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by spadfa
  • Topic is favorited by 17 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 8 years ago

Hello Everyone. I am restoring a sys80 Gottlieb Spiderman and one thing that jumped out at me when sourcing parts is that you have to search lots of sites or many pages of google to find what you want and you also miss some very small suppliers.

So I thought I would change that. I have setup a small searching site that pools every supplier I could find. This includes just over 80 suppliers at present. Give it a go. Tell me what you think.

www.pinballsearch.com

I have an ebay search in there too but the primary point of it is to search parts suppliers via the homepage.

I have got all the major electronics players in there as well. For that reason I have got categories as well.

If you get some weird results when you search for 'acdc' for example (related to electrics) you can just pick mods or reproduction. This way you can cut down to just the types of parts you are after.

#2 8 years ago

This is a really neat idea.

Is there a page somewhere on the site that lists all the suppliers that are already listed in the database?

#3 8 years ago

No there isn't but if you check out the about button it provides some great lists.

#4 8 years ago

Looks great. Bookmarked.

#5 8 years ago

Could be missing something but just looks like it's a "Custom Google Search" (Adsense)?

https://support.google.com/adsense/answer/9879?ctx=as2&hl=en&rd=2&ref_topic=1705820

#6 8 years ago

Hi acebathound,

It is a custom search because Google do it best. This will give you different and hopefully better search results than standard google as it will search just parts sellers including many small sites that would be buried. The categories help as well.

Regards.

#7 8 years ago

This is fantastic!
    With time, love and Maybe with some commercials this will absolutely be my go to site for parts.
    Would it be possible to have a checkbox for the different sites, so I can rule out MAD amusements and more?

Maybe in the future, you could have the stock listing as well. At least in stock, not in stock, if that is at all possible.

With integration of the Moll similar parts database this would be excellent!

Axl

#8 8 years ago

Really cool. Any chance you could make the number of items listed per page a user control? I'd rather scroll than page so normally set it to 100 or more.

#9 8 years ago

very awsome idea

#10 8 years ago

It would be nice to have a price comparison for common consumables like flipper rebuild kits, etc.

#11 8 years ago

great idea and great job. This will save people a lot of time. Thanks!

#12 8 years ago

Thanks for the feedback everyone. I will see what I can work out. One problem I see with more information from suppliers is that they can be vague on what they have and their information isn't stored in a standard format. But I will have a think.

Thanks.

1 year later
    #13 7 years ago

Too bad this went down! I found it very useful on occasion.

#14 7 years ago

oh bummer, I used it often myself.

If it was just a custom google search, couldn't we replicate the search syntax and just paste into google search on our own???

#15 7 years ago

It still works for me. Throws a couple errors at the top but that doesn't seem to impact the functionality of the search.

7 months later
    #16 6 years ago

Just a heads up, I have rebooted this site again and am now over 140 parts sellers, there is a facebook page for it too.

www.pinballsearch.com

www.facebook.com/pinballsearch

#17 6 years ago

awesome site and made a small donation as was able to find a few parts that I struggled to find prior...

wish I could give lots of thumbs up

#18 6 years ago

hey, I didn't know that you are a local

double the lots of thumbs......

#19 6 years ago
    Quoted from spadfa:

Hello Everyone. I am restoring a sys80 Gottlieb Spiderman and one thing that jumped out at me when sourcing parts is that you have to search lots of sites or many pages of google to find what you want and you also miss some very small suppliers.
    So I thought I would change that. I have setup a small searching site that pools every supplier I could find. This includes just over 80 suppliers at present. Give it a go. Tell me what you think.
    http://www.pinballsearch.com
    I have an ebay search in there too but the primary point of it is to search parts suppliers via the homepage.
    I have got all the major electronics players in there as well. For that reason I have got categories as well.
    If you get some weird results when you search for 'acdc' for example (related to electrics) you can just pick mods or reproduction. This way you can cut down to just the types of parts you are after.

Not every supplier missed Australian ones with parts nobody else has

#20 6 years ago
    Quoted from Ballypinball:

Not every supplier missed Australian ones with parts nobody else has

I have just added mrpinball (I recall their store wasn't online when I looked about 2 years ago), what others are missing?

Thanks.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-parts-search-site-that-searches-all-suppliers and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.