Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by Shredso
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 8 years ago

I'm ironing out details to possibly get a booth at Pintastic this year. I should have some extra space, I was thinking about a consignment idea. Put something on the table you want to sell, I would man the booth all day, if it sells I get 25%. If space opens up on the table from sales people can bring in more stuff, so hopefully the stock rotates all day.

Do you think I would get any interest? How does the percentage sound?

#2 8 years ago

One thumbs down with no reason? Very helpful. It's an idea. If it's a crappy idea at least give a reason why. I've tried selling parts at shows but its been a hassle trying to meet with people and hearing cell phones over the big crowd. I'd lay a bunch of spare stuff on a table if someone else would tend to it and gladly pay a percentage.

#3 8 years ago

I don't know why more shows don't do this. I was very disappointed going to the Orlando show, and pretty much seeing no parts.

#4 8 years ago

I like the idea. It brings in more parts for people to purchase, gets people to unload their stash of unused parts rotting away on shelves and presents an opportunity for people to have the ability to sell parts that don't need a large vendor space at shows. Win win situation. When I go to shows, I love when their are parts for sale everywhere. Great idea!

#5 8 years ago

I think I could find a few things to sell at your booth. I think 25 percent is a bit high though. Great idea. Count me in for bringing stuff.

#6 8 years ago
    Quoted from Shredso:

I'm ironing out details to possibly get a booth at Pintastic this year. I should have some extra space, I was thinking about a consignment idea. Put something on the table you want to sell, I would man the booth all day, if it sells I get 25%. If space opens up on the table from sales people can bring in more stuff, so hopefully the stock rotates all day.
    Do you think I would get any interest? How does the percentage sound?

Maybe he gave you the "thumbs down" because he had the same idea and you beat him to the punch... or rather post.

2 weeks later
    #7 8 years ago

BUMP for a great idea. I will be bringing stuff to the show for you

#8 8 years ago

I did this with someone at pinball at the zoo this past april and it worked out very well for the both of us. I managed to unload a good portion of parts and the person running the table made some money

#9 8 years ago

Somebody come buy all my parts that were in my Zoo show booth and you can have all the fun of reselling it and selling stuff for other people too.......$$$$$

John P. Dayhuff
    Battle Creek, Mi.
    269-979-3836

#10 8 years ago
    Quoted from Dayhuff:

Somebody come buy all my parts that were in my Zoo show booth and you can have all the fun of reselling it and selling stuff for other people too.......$$$$$

John P. Dayhuff
    Battle Creek, Mi.
    269-979-3836

Why don't you make the drive to pintastic? I'm sure your stuff will do well there.

#11 8 years ago

Thanks for the bump, and the creepy picture. Unless the table is empty I'll probably limit each person to a few things at a time. Can't wait for the show!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-parts-consignment-at-a-show and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.